The Next President is...

disgruntledemployee

Another 2,200 troops out of Iraq by end of the month.

Diplomatic relationship between Israel and UAE established. (Nobel Peace Prize nomination for that one.  Last guy got if for not being W.)

vs.

Biden's....er....ummmm...gimme a minute, I'm thinking...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Prozac said:

Lol. THE Commander in Chief. I’m guessing YOUR CinC. But no longer in my Chain of Command brotha. The Wife’s the only one who holds that title for me now!

Wish I could get back in and serve under Big Scary Orange Man any day and twice on Sunday. But you maybe retired (perhaps like me)  and we can just sit on the sidelines with paycheck of the month club. Not a bad deal as I don’t miss the extraneous B.S. Just gave my Wife a Trump Photo Documentary book. Pages and pages of the guy and/or couple with the troops, at memorials, military cemeteries - Yup that’s a true warfighter hater. She’s still looking thru it. Horrible book for you, but she loves it cuz she’s a take no crap kinda girl.

I bit my lip serving under several less than brilliant presidents, they were my Boss bottom line and we collectively did not hit the ground, cry, whine or make disparaging remarks. Civilian now, seeing the world personally and able to view from another lens besides camo. Military spends money, civilian sector makes money. Very fortunate and opinionated like most and able to poor mouth but don’t, at least not as much as we could. Keep those facts coming, this is a very interesting topic at times.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, AirGuardianC141747 said:

Wish I could get back in and serve under Big Scary Orange Man any day and twice on Sunday. But you maybe retired (perhaps like me)  and we can just sit on the sidelines with paycheck of the month club. Not a bad deal as I don’t miss the extraneous B.S. Just gave my Wife a Trump Photo Documentary book. Pages and pages of the guy and/or couple with the troops, at memorials, military cemeteries - Yup that’s a true warfighter hater. She’s still looking thru it. Horrible book for you, but she loves it cuz she’s a take no crap kinda girl.

I bit my lip serving under several less than brilliant presidents, they were my Boss bottom line and we collectively did not hit the ground, cry, whine or make disparaging remarks. Civilian now, seeing the world personally and able to view from another lens besides camo. Military spends money, civilian sector makes money. Very fortunate and opinionated like most and able to poor mouth but don’t, at least not as much as we could. Keep those facts coming, this is a very interesting topic at times.

Happy for anyone who has found peace and happiness after serving. Truly. 

2 hours ago, Prozac said:

Happy for anyone who has found peace and happiness after serving. Truly. 

By the way, Thank YOU For Your Service!!! That goes for all veterans current, prior and to those who have departed (Godspeed).

Regardless of all of our various viewpoints, backgrounds, upbringing, professionalism and sense of duty/servitude. I always wish the best for everyone here and our Great country. We don’t always get along and that’s OK and that’s what makes this country Great! We are an incredibly diverse nation having most all of the worlds climates along with people from all walks of life inhabiting them under one nation. It appears the majority are all striving to get it right regardless of party, race or religion so sally forth with your convictions and your beliefs. It’s our right and we all understand it has been and always will be paid in blood.

• Upvote 1

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/09/politics/trump-bob-woodward-interviews/index.html

Curious what will be said to explain this away. Maybe he's lying (Woodward, not Trump), but there's audio. That's our CinC, bragging like a child about a photo with Kim... He has access to the nuclear codes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is strange.  Like Dennis Rodman strange.  Will it eventually be a successful strategy?  Meh...

UAE established relations with Israel.  Saudi Arabia is allowing El Al through its airspace.  Bahrain is in negotiations to establish diplomatic relations with Israel.  The Arab Council defeated a Palestinian measure to condemn UAE's action.  So some good going on somewhere.

russia-reset.png

Guess who was Vice-President?

Plane loads of cash to Tehran?  Guess who was in on it?

Guess who was named to be in charge for:

1. Stimulus with its "shovel ready jobs"

2. China policy

3. Ukraine policy

Who stood up to the President and didn't want the bin Laden op to go?  

Sadly, the guy now is simply trying to find the refrigerator and his green jello...

So a choice between a loud braggart and a senile career politician.  Which one has actually accomplished action and done things successfully other than be elected?  I keep asking about Biden but no takers yet.  I genuinely would like to know what the guy has done in his life beside talk?

Maybe I’m too much of a cynic, but I can’t help but feel that at some point, the other shoe is gonna drop. We’re going to find out that what he sold/gave away/back-channeled to make some of these deals happen aren’t necessarily in our best interest. Fully admit, that’s pit of the stomach speculation, but this CinC doesn’t exactly inspire confidence that anything he does is on the up and up.

I’m sure I’m in the minority here, but while I fully admit Israel has gotten beat up, is surrounded by enemies and have had more than their fair share of raw deals, they aren’t exactly innocent. They wield the US as a weapon over there, and frankly, I think are bullies... You carve out a chunk of your backyard for the family that used to live there 10 years before you moved out and tell me how much you enjoy having them there... I know, not an apples to apples comparison, but you get the idea. So, I’ll say, who cares about the Israel policy? Not the most popular idea, I know, but what are ya gonna do?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

“I watch some of the shows. I watched Liz McDonald — she is fantastic. I watched Fox Business. I watched Lou Dobbs last night, Sean Hannity last night, Tucker [Carlson] last night, Laura [Ingraham]. I watched 'Fox and Friends' in the morning,” Trump told reporters during a press briefing Thursday.

“You watch these shows, you don’t have to go too far into the details … it’s really any amazing thing, they got caught in the biggest political scandal in the history of our country,” the president added.

Doesn't read his daily brief, but has time to watch so much Fox News.  Can't say I ever worked for an O6 or above who had as much free time to watch TV as the CINC.

Link to the ultra-left website with the story:  https://thehill.com/homenews/media/515962-trump-praises-several-fox-news-shows-at-briefing-for-coverage-of-russia-probe

Edited by drewpey

3 hours ago, slackline said:

Maybe I’m too much of a cynic, but I can’t help but feel that at some point, the other shoe is gonna drop. We’re going to find out that what he sold/gave away/back-channeled to make some of these deals happen aren’t necessarily in our best interest. Fully admit, that’s pit of the stomach speculation, but this CinC doesn’t exactly inspire confidence that anything he does is on the up and up.

I’m sure I’m in the minority here, but while I fully admit Israel has gotten beat up, is surrounded by enemies and have had more than their fair share of raw deals, they aren’t exactly innocent. They wield the US as a weapon over there, and frankly, I think are bullies... You carve out a chunk of your backyard for the family that used to live there 10 years before you moved out and tell me how much you enjoy having them there... I know, not an apples to apples comparison, but you get the idea. So, I’ll say, who cares about the Israel policy? Not the most popular idea, I know, but what are ya gonna do?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Israel is the mouthy girlfriend who talks shit to dudes cause her huge boyfriend will back up her shit talking, and she knows that. 

Edited by Sua Sponte
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sua Sponte said:

Israel is the mouthy girlfriend who talks shit to dudes cause her huge boyfriend will back up her shit talking, and she knows that. 

I can see how many arrive at the skimming the top theory of “Having US in her pocket.” They haven’t always been fully supported by us. Historically they have done more than we have (or at least been more successful) when their country’s survival is at stake or their citizens are threatened/terrorized or Olympic athletes are murdered. Top notch War Fighters. Undeniably harder to protect yourself when your actually surrounded and not separated by large oceans. Movies portray whatever, discussing the matters at hand with actual citizens in their country is limited but interesting. Having flown C-141 missions in country many moons ago vs 747s now, political agendas come and go but the emphasis on Israel’s survival mentality has not to be sure. They didn’t execute few mentionable before cuz they were backed, they did it because it has been a life long nations struggle to do more than just survive.

Note - We may sell them a lot of equipment, but a-lot of it is upgraded upon arrival. Watching them cram extra avionics package (Or whatever it might have been?) into a early model F-16 was very entertaining... As a former MX Officer in a F-16 Generation Squadron in the early days, it definitely was not any hardware we gave them... Very creative/cunning people, but you must be if your survival is at stake.

21 hours ago, Prozac said:

Lol. THE Commander in Chief. I’m guessing YOUR CinC. But no longer in my Chain of Command brotha. The Wife’s the only one who holds that title for me now!

Pretty sure officer appoint is for life.  

So given that you're no longer serving - why are you coming here and spreading fake liberal propaganda? I guess you finished reading "white fragility" while kneeling and now you want to share the love here...    

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sim said:

Pretty sure officer appoint is for life.  

So given that you're no longer serving - why are you coming here and spreading fake liberal propaganda? I guess you finished reading "white fragility" while kneeling and now you want to share the love here...    

Sim, I want to tell you something. I was on this forum when you were still popping zits on your funny face and jerking off with the lingerie section of the sears catalog.
image.jpeg.88eede783ebdfb6098069d4e9dee7c42.jpeg

• Haha 4

Personally, I’m just stoked for an administration that doesn’t do this:

EXCLUSIVE: Trump administration secretly withheld millions from FDNY 9/11 health program

To top it off, their admission of doing it is a dogshit insult and the best they can do is “try” to fix it/not do it going forward.

It’s an abomination that Biden and Trump are the best choices this country of 330+ million can come up with. That said, only 1 party hasn’t made 9/11 first responders grovel for money for care as they pay the price for their service over the years. First Zadroga; now this. That alone will keep me voting D. 

Anyway...

🍻 to all those lost that day 19 years ago today that went to work that morning with expectations of coming home that night. I’m pouring a little more out for the 343 brothers lost that day and the nearly 1 in 8 that have gotten cancer from being down there; folks that rely on the very program this administration has admitted to withholding money from. Politics didn’t matter for those helping that day; why should they matter now?

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Prozac said:

Sim, I want to tell you something. I was on this forum when you were still popping zits on your funny face and jerking off with the lingerie section of the sears catalog.

Looks like Sim joined on Sept 19, 2007 and Prozac joined a little later on December 10, 2008.  FWIW, I joined in early 2005 and I still jerk off to the Sears catalog.  Don't hate.   

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

Re the 9/11 funding debacle:

I'm reading that the transfer of funds started in 2016.  That would put it in the Obama/Biden ledger.  And a bad thing to do.  But like everything, Orange Man Bad, the Lightgiver and his sidekick, good.

That this Administration continued it is also reprehensible.

I also highly doubt that either POTUS was aware of the program as the dollar amounts, in federal terms, are budget dust.

Biden is probably not aware of much, so there's that.

Add Bahrain to the list of diplomatic relations with Israel.  While I support the only democracy in the Middle East, I don't do so blindly.  (They did/do their best to steal tech at every Red Flag.  But they aren't alone).  I do, however, understand that literal survival is at stake for them.

However, my point for introducing the topic in relations to Trump is that these developments apply pretty serious pressure to Hamas which is always a good thing.  If it lessens the chances of a big war there, I'm also for that.

But Orange Man bad.  Obama/Biden paying off Tehran good.

• Like 1

Re the 9/11 funding debacle:
I'm reading that the transfer of funds started in 2016.  That would put it in the Obama/Biden ledger.  And a bad thing to do.  But like everything, Orange Man Bad, the Lightgiver and his sidekick, good.
That this Administration continued it is also reprehensible.
I also highly doubt that either POTUS was aware of the program as the dollar amounts, in federal terms, are budget dust.

Not a big deal when you look at the numbers involved...close to $1 billion budget each year authorized/appropriated. So less that $1 million in withholds per year that were likely moved elsewhere to cover budget shortfalls elsewhere. Also below the threshold for congressional oversight/approval.

So yeah, looks like pretty normal budget execution, regardless of the administration.

Edit to add: The fund was extended in 2016, which may be why the withholds data starts there-new authorization starting in 2016.

7 hours ago, brickhistory said:

Started August of 2016, so about 6 months of it under your disliked folks, continued for 3.69 years under current reign. Disregarding the fact that it likely took time to recognize shortfall, begin to address it, and that it accelerated into the million+ range under Trump. Or that it was 100% under Trump Admin that Dr. Prezant’s (who has been a solid champion for us) letters inquiring about the loss have been ignored. 

See admission article here

But, yes, continue to feel “attacked” and that I’m distorting facts as I cowtow to “Lightgiver.”