The Next President is...

disgruntledemployee

12 hours ago, Pooter said:

You have the most beatable opponent in a generation in Joe Biden between the cognitive decline, objectively bad economy, foreign policy disasters, and insane wokeness..

this is a really good point. on paper he is a very beatable opponent

I've been noticing outlets like CNN and MSNBC are starting to turn on him. Lots of coverage lately about his age. I think the Democrats are probably almost as concerned with Joe Biden running again as they are with Trump running again. 

I’d love to see a Desantis/Haley ticket (or vice versa) for the Rep.  

I also agree, I think the Dems are starting to worry about Biden’s health and aren’t exactly onboard with Harris either.  

The lead-up to 2024 is going to be very interesting!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Clark Griswold said:

Yup, was commenting to a friend who leans left sorta (last of the scattered tribe of blue dog southern democrats) and telling while I will likely never vote for the Dems, they have viable candidates that can speak in complete coherent sentences and remember what year it is. 

The longer we pretend the emperor is wearing beautiful robes the deeper the belief that our democratic republic is bullshit takes root.  

They (the Dems) could nominate Gavin Newsom, Val Demings or some other mentally competent person that I may not agree with politically but could be plausible alternative to Trumpzilla versus Bernie...

The Biden White House is reminiscent of Weekend at Bernie's | 'Eric Bolling  The Balance' - YouTube

Newsome?!

Newsome?!

I’m not repeat not voting for him if he becomes their nominee but Gov Face Lift Hair Gel is probably their best bet if JB can’t function or it can’t be hidden/denied any longer
If not him I would probably nominate Whitmer if I were a Dem big Whig party boss

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Prince Newsom is an extension of bay area royalty.   More of the same shit with a nice use of hair gel.  Biden vs Trump in 24?  JFC who is the running this shit show?  

Out of the two, I'd rather hang out with Trump.  He'd be a good time (sts).  Hanging out with Biden would be as fun as hanging out with Abe Lincoln at Disneyland.  But seriously, I really cant believe these are potentially our only choices.  At least Trump appears to be coherent and his sons appear to not be national security risks.  Good God I hope we can scrounge together a better choice of candidates.  

2 hours ago, Tank said:

I’d love to see a Desantis/Haley ticket (or vice versa) for the Rep.

40 minutes ago, VMFA187 said:

Newsome?!

32 minutes ago, Clark Griswold said:

I would probably nominate Whitmer

I present to you the future of American politicis...

18 hours ago, Lord Ratner said:

19789999.jpg

More likely that I don't understand an elementary word definition, or that you've allowed yourself to be so corrupted that you're blind to reality?  It was hard with so many examples to choose from but here's one for my side, so....

Trump-Terminate-Constitution.png

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 5

19 hours ago, Biff_T said:

Prince Newsom is an extension of bay area royalty.   More of the same shit with a nice use of hair gel.  Biden vs Trump in 24?  JFC who is the running this shit show?  

Out of the two, I'd rather hang out with Trump.  He'd be a good time (sts).  Hanging out with Biden would be as fun as hanging out with Abe Lincoln at Disneyland.  But seriously, I really cant believe these are potentially our only choices.  At least Trump appears to be coherent and his sons appear to not be national security risks.  Good God I hope we can scrounge together a better choice of candidates.  

Trump would be the huge narcissistic asshole that never shuts up about himself.

I'm hoping we dump Trump and Biden and at least pretend to nominate some competent people.

Edited by pawnman
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Talked to my father in law yesterday, he’s incredulous at the idea that Biden or any Dem could win. He wants trump. He will not listen that trump = best chance of Dem success. He and people like him will fuck us all over, though under the best of intentions. Emotions on both sides of the spectrum are what landed us in the dumpster fire we’re in. Detach and make rational decisions and we can get ourselves out of this. Both Biden and Trump are irrational picks for different reasons. It’s that simple. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

59 minutes ago, brabus said:

Talked to my father in law yesterday, he’s incredulous at the idea that Biden or any Dem could win. He wants trump. He will not listen that trump = best chance of Dem success. He and people like him will fuck us all over, though under the best of intentions. Emotions on both sides of the spectrum are what landed us in the dumpster fire we’re in. Detach and make rational decisions and we can get ourselves out of this. Both Biden and Trump are irrational picks for different reasons. It’s that simple. 

My mother is the same way. She doesn't seem to care that the Dems WANT Trump as the nominee. 

8 hours ago, Mark1 said:

Trump-Terminate-Constitution.png

7:44 AM 😂😂😂😂

Working in that office must have been bonkers..

Driving to work.. phone starts blowing up 

"oh shit what did he do now"

1hr later

press secretary at an all hands meeting: "he was taking his morning dump and went nuclear on the constitution, how do we spin this"

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, pawnman said:

My mother is the same way. She doesn't seem to care that the Dems WANT Trump as the nominee. 

Nothing against anyone's parents (mine are the same way) but I think this shows how emotionally driven the average voter is. The idea of thinking strategically about candidate viability isn't really a thing people do unless they're really into politics or listen to non-mainstream political commentary. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

7 hours ago, brabus said:

Both Biden and Trump are irrational picks for different reasons. It’s that simple. 

I'll throw in this opinion...supporting the incumbent President of your preferred party when he's running for reelection is not an irrational pick for relatively party-line voters.

If you are a steady Republican, it made perfect sense to support Trump in 2020. Even if you found him a bit distasteful in 2016 or supported someone else initially in that primary or didn't agree with everything he did in office.

By 2020, he's your party's guy, he's doing Republican things while in office, he's eligible for and interested in being reelected...it's extremely rational for a R voter to punch R again on that ballot. Was he fairly old in 2020? Was he fairly batshit crazy in 2020? I would say yes to both, but I don't begrudge loyal Republicans for voting for Republicans the vast majority of the time, it is what it is.

The exact same rational works for Dems right now. I am a loyal Dem voter and fairly rational.

The emotional thing to do would be to want to jettison an incumbent President who wants to run & is eligible for another term and magically get someone younger & more dynamic. Hell, while I have that magic wand I wanna get rid of Harris too and move on to someone else on the bench (I've listed lost of options I like better before).

BUT, like I said, I'm a relatively rational voter, exactly what you say you want to see. The rational case for a Dem/liberal voter is that Biden is the incumbent, has a track record of winning and governing in a way I generally support, I'm voting for him again in 2024. I do wish he were younger, I would change some policies here and there, I would jettison his VP into the sun and pick a new running mate...but I'm not a wizard, I'm just a guy with one vote and a few dollars here and there to donate.

For my friends on the right, Trump is no longer an incumbent. He has a track record of losing. The GOP should have a real primary for 2024, although TBD because right now Trump is winning very easily.

If y'all want someone else by all means make that happen! I for one as a Democrat do not hope that Trump is the nominee because I think another Trump term would be disastrous for our democratic institutions. He basically was willing to nuke the constitution to stay in office when things didn't go his way and we got saved by the hair on our chins by Mike Pence and some lucky breaks.

Haley, Scott, etc. are fine; I don't "like" them or their policies, but they are normal Republicans that the country is used to. Even DeSantis, who I think sucks very badly, would be better. Best of luck to whatever shreds are left of the anti-Trump right, I legit wish you all luck cleaning up your house.

Edited by nsplayr
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Pooter said:

Nothing against anyone's parents (mine are the same way) but I think this shows how emotionally driven the average voter is. The idea of thinking strategically about candidate viability isn't really a thing people do unless they're really into politics or listen to non-mainstream political commentary. 

Yea 💯 to all this.

You can either wish everyone was a hyper-logical robot maximizing their expected value on each daily decision, or you can try to understand human beings for how we all are and work within the limitations of attempting to herd millions of emotionally-driven apes toward a decent outcome.

Only one of those strategies is the rational one to pursue!

Edited by nsplayr

Still waiting on NSplayr to tell us if he thinks there are any democrats in the US House or Senate who are extremists, and if so, who are they.  Unless he only thinks the extremists in the US House or Senate all have an R next to their names? 

@nsplayr I understand your perspective and see the rationale of the baseline argument. I think Biden and those who surround him have made disastrous decisions and emphasized things to the detriment of our country. I think a rational D voter would advocate for another candidate to represent the Dems in 2024 vs. allowing the shit show to continue simply because there’s a D next to his name. If Biden and friends were moderate, then I totally agree with your premise. Bottom line, specific to Biden, it is more emotional than rational to want to him in 2024. Rational = demanding DNC primaries and hoping a better candidate comes out on top. I know that’s an unusual situation for an incumbent, but it’s warranted this round. 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, brabus said:

@nsplayr I understand your perspective and see the rationale of the baseline argument. I think Biden and those who surround him have made disastrous decisions and emphasized things to the detriment of our country. I think a rational D voter would advocate for another candidate to represent the Dems in 2024 vs. allowing the shit show to continue simply because there’s a D next to his name. If Biden and friends were moderate, then I totally agree with your premise. Bottom line, specific to Biden, it is more emotional than rational to want to him in 2024. Rational = demanding DNC primaries and hoping a better candidate comes out on top. I know that’s an unusual situation for an incumbent, but it’s warranted this round. 

I hear ya, but from my perspective as a center-of-mass Democrat, I don't share your feelings on Biden being somehow a uniquely bad representative of my party.

I find Biden to be well within the mainstream of the party, I don't agree that the country is a disaster under his leadership, and there are zero credible challengers. Harris, who sucks FWIW, is on the ticket. Bernie isn't running and endorsed Biden. Other competent members of the party bench are happy in their jobs, support Biden, and aren't running.

His "competition" is a crystal lady and an anti-vax Kennedy fail-son...no thanks. No incumbent President is going to debate a motley crew of fucking morons. There are a dozen other Dems (many of which I would prefer based on age alone!) who if they were in the seat would be extremely happy with having Biden's accomplishment list credited to their name. I firmly believe that a President Klobuchar or President Beshear would love to do basically all of the things Biden has pursued and accomplished.

If you are a conservative, MAGA, libertarian, etc., you probably don't agree with the above and think I'm insane. You don't share the same values as Biden and the Dems and you've had every one of Biden's negatives both real and imagined highlighted to you 24/7 in the media you likely read/watch. Got it. The same happens to Dems with Trump and Bush and everyone else ever in history. Like literally the GOP were on their fainting couches over Bill Clinton even before Monica & I bet today you'd make the argument that if the Dems just went back to their platform from the 90s you'd be more ok with them. Is that an accurate assessment?

So like I said, I'm voting for Biden again despite misgivings about his age. If he were 60, I'm an enthusiastic supporter for his reelection based on his record (as I've detailed previously).

Good talk though, appreciate the back & forth 🍺

19 hours ago, nsplayr said:

you've had every one of Biden's negatives both real and imagined highlighted to you 24/7 in the media...

I think there has been plenty that none need to be imagined. 

@nsplayr You’re correct that I cannot understand how several Biden-led actions/policies are OK, let alone good. I accept that’s what you believe. Main points for why I think he has done terribly, and what are apparently “mainstream dem” according to you:

- Not only supporting, but aggressively pushing, a mental health crisis, especially amongst youth

- Purposely, and significantly, degrading domestic energy production/increasing reliance on foreign energy

- Willful dereliction of border security at best, calculated and purposeful border insecurity at worst (a PCF of our drug epidemics going on)

-  Pushing green energy plans that are counter-science, counter-logical, and completely unrealistic. Note: All for green energy exploration and getting better, but not for illogical buffoonery driven by politics instead of reality

- Weaponizing gov agencies against those who aren’t in lock step with party talking points/objectives 

- Extreme focus on exciting and continuing race-based culture wars

- Multiple avenues of attack on individual liberties…he wants an obedient populace, not a country of unique individuals

That’s just off the top of my nugget. I haven’t even touched the significant links he and his family have to our #1 enemy. But I also acknowledge corruption is everywhere, so I don’t think Biden is unique in shit like this. Ultimately, I cannot comprehend why you or anyone rational would support things like above. But you do, and I accept that is reality, even if I wish it wasn’t  

Edited by brabus
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 4

On 4/27/2023 at 3:58 PM, nsplayr said:

DeSantis, who I think sucks very badly

Can you elaborate that?  Seriously.  I've heard numerous people say "DeSantis Sucks" but not a single one has built a rational reasoned argument to support that statement.

Edited by FourFans
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 2

On 4/27/2023 at 3:58 PM, nsplayr said:

a track record of winning

COVID: https://www.reuters.com/world/us/biden-marks-1-million-americans-dead-covid-2022-05-12/

Afghanistan: Do I even need a link?

Economy: check your pre-biden gas costs, interest rates, cost of ANYTHING YOU BUY DAILY compared to a normal CPI over the past 20 years.

China...   FFS.  I quit.

If you look at Biden and see "good leader" or "good for America" you have very likely lost objectivity.

On 4/27/2023 at 5:20 PM, nsplayr said:

f you are a conservative, MAGA, libertarian, etc.,

So....to you, a self declared moderate who has a rational fair minded liberal viewpoint: this statement intellectually and emotionally proclaims that anyone who isn't you is wrong. 

Let me say it again: You are declaring that everyone who thinks differently from you is wrong.    

Please mull that over.

NO

Stop your internet response and ACTUALLY THINK about what you just declared from a perspective that isn't yours.  How moderate are you really?

We need you.   Do better.

Edited by FourFans
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2