The Next President is...

disgruntledemployee

The only way you fix trust is more government intervention.   Lol
Break, Break
The new cool thing to do is bash Twitter, quit said media platform and then rejoin it when you figure out that no one cares that you quit.  I guess we'll have to censor it.  
Good job.  I'm glad our government is on top of more censorship.  Meanwhile, I just watched another homeless man shit where we're supposed to walk.    Good job Mr. President! 
Support free speech!  Unless I don't agree, then it's too dangerous.  

“Twitter using its power to silence misinformation is ok…. They are a private company entitled to treat the discourse on their platform to what they decide is truthful and fair…”

*person with non liberal slant purchases twitter and even hints at changing the status quo*

giphy.gif

Facism!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 4

3 hours ago, nsplayr said:

Signed the legislation that brought all that critical chip manufacturing to the USA though…😎

The CHIPS and Science act is really a good law and I’m glad it got done. Thanks to the 14 Republican Senators who came on in for the big win as well as all 50 Dems obv.

Ain't got time for the border though.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, nsplayr said:

Signed the legislation that brought all that critical chip manufacturing to the USA though…😎

The CHIPS and Science act is really a good law and I’m glad it got done. Thanks to the 14 Republican Senators who came on in for the big win as well as all 50 Dems obv.

Damn right it's good law...GREAT law. $$$ Law.

June: https://www.marketwatch.com/story/nancy-pelosis-husband-buys-millions-worth-of-nvidia-stock-ahead-of-chip-manufacturing-bill-vote-11658179117

August 9th: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CHIPS_and_Science_Act

September 1st: https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/paul-pelosi-dodged-extra-20-loss-selling-nvidia-stock-july-august-us-restrictions

• Upvote 2

38 minutes ago, ViperMan said:

Let's not pretend that both sides of the aisle don't do this.

Besides, Nvidia is up 1.5% since...hardly a scandal (there). Additionally, depending on what calls he exercised, it's very possible he is in the red on that one.

I am super in favor of banning Congressional members from trading individual stocks. I’d be happy to see the GOP House pass something to that effect next Congress and I’d encourage Democrats to continue supporting that idea. I won’t hold my breath though! 😅

CHIPS is still really good and I look forward to the US being the world leader in microchip manufacturing in the future. 

• Upvote 3

I am super in favor of banning Congressional members from trading individual stocks. I’d be happy to see the GOP House pass something to that effect next Congress and I’d encourage Democrats to continue supporting that idea. I won’t hold my breath though!
CHIPS is still really good and I look forward to the US being the world leader in microchip manufacturing in the future. 

It was passed…. It was also overturned in a bipartisan manner both of which occurred during the Obama admin.

90f360d30fe0179c5b1e653835100d31.jpg

Yeah we’ve been here before bro. So you can stop acting like the GOP is some sort of problem to this.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Lawman said:

It was passed…. It was also overturned in a bipartisan manner both of which occurred during the Obama admin.

90f360d30fe0179c5b1e653835100d31.jpg

Yeah we’ve been here before bro. So you can stop acting like the GOP is some sort of problem to this.

Not sure what you’re getting at? Both parties obviously complicit. Is the GOP “some sort of problem to this”?  Yeah. So are the Dems. No surprise that both are acting in their own perceived best interest. 

1 hour ago, pawnman said:

And if it had been a border control act, you'd be in here bitching about the money that's going to China. 

Take the win, man. 

I bitched about the money going to China already, but I bitched more about the money coming back and who it’s going to.

Also, Biden wants another “assault weapons” ban because “common sense and things,” meanwhile you only have to look a few days back at the Netherlands to see precisely why the 2A exists and is critically important to the survival of a free society. Thank God the GOP was able to narrowly take the house, else bullshit like that may actually pass. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, brabus said:

In today’s news, Biden trades a prolific arms dealer who conspired to kill Americans for POS Brittney Griner, but leaves another American who’s been in Russian prison for 4 years. What a jackass. 

Got to get her back so she can make a few layups with nobody watching.  

1 hour ago, brabus said:

Also, Biden wants another “assault weapons” ban because “common sense and things,” meanwhile you only have to look a few days back at the Netherlands to see precisely why the 2A exists and is critically important to the survival of a free society. Thank God the GOP was able to narrowly take the house, else bullshit like that may actually pass. 

Let's ban Twitter too!!!  After that we can return to turning our children into theys and thems and giving abortions for convenience.   Guns murder people but abortions don't?  Lol.  

Edited by Biff_T
Not Exec
  • Haha 3

On 12/8/2022 at 12:06 AM, Lawman said:

Not saying the GOP is particularly complicit, this one truly is "both sides."

Sen. Jon Ossoff (D-GA) is leading the charge for a new bill that I think would help. I'd love to see all federal elected public officials (including the President/VP/Cabinet) and state/territory governors required to fully release tax returns, disclose investments, and place those investments into a blind trust until they are out of office.

Clearly the benefits of and temptation to trade on insider information are overwhelming.

Edited by nsplayr
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, nsplayr said:

Not saying the GOP is particularly complicit, this one truly is "both sides."

Sen. Jon Ossoff (D-GA) is leading the charge for a new bill that I think would help. I'd love to see all federal elected public officials (including the President/VP/Cabinet) and state/territory governors required to fully release tax returns, disclose investments, and place those investments into a blind trust until they are out of office.

Clearly the benefits of and temptation to trade on insider information is overwhelming.

So you want the Biden method where the kid collects 10% for the "Big Guy."

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, waveshaper said:

WNBA: Not sure if she/it/etc - is a real W based on these photos?

Not new: https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2022/aug/09/facebook-posts/no-basketball-star-brittney-griner-not-man/

I admit, after hearing her speak, I wondered myself. Goes to show that despite our own limited personal experiences, there are people at the extremes of the bell curve. Lo and behold, if you’re a six foot nine muscular woman you just might find your way into the WNBA.