NFL Ratings are Way Down

HuggyU2

• 1 month later...
Another great Thanksgiving last week:  not a single person asked for the TV to be put on to watch football.  
Good riddance to the NFL, at least in my tiny abode.  

Well you missed a good one on Thanksgiving Night! Ole Miss at Mississippi State, people are calling it “The Piss and the Miss” down here.

OM Receiver catches what should be a game tying TD pending the extra point with 4 seconds left in the game and decides to mimic DK Metcalf two years ago, gets on all fours and acts like he’s taking a piss like a dog on the Mississippi State end zone. Gets flagged for 15 yards unsportsmanlike penalty which backs the try up 15 yards. Kicker then pushes it right and State goes on to win by 1 point. Never seen karma kick a team in the nuts so badly.

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

My favorite quote of all time now is Nick Sabin saying “it wasn’t fair”

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app
I couldn't even follow the train of thought. He basically said it wasn't fair because they didn't give him time to make a second round of substitutions...

Haha whatever, War Damn Eagle!

Sent from my SM-N975U using Baseops Network mobile app

• Upvote 1

https://www.totalprosports.com/2019/12/11/commissioner-roger-goodell-says-the-nfl-has-moved-on-from-colin-kaepernick/

I imagine this will also affect his post-NFL employment so instead of asking him to bring my BMW around, the venue where he's likely to be employed would better suit my Ford 4-wheel drive...

Say, Nike, how's the shoes working out for ya?

• 4 weeks later...

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/soleimani-colin-kaepernick-us-terrorist-attacks-black-brown-people

"There is nothing new about American terrorist attacks against Black and Brown people for the expansion of American imperialism," Kaepernick tweeted.

Now that the NFL has "moved on" from him, maybe he can get back in to the books that he never really did during college.

Iran:  guess what, Colin?  That country is made up of people that are ethnically Persians.  You want to put them in to a "racial" context?  How about "Caucasians for 800, Alex" ?

Farsi:  the language of these Persian people.  It's an Indo-European language from the same linguistic family as... you guessed it... English.  

p.s.  Nike, I'm still not buying any of your shit.  Nor will I ever.  

Edited by HuggyU2
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, HuggyU2 said:

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/soleimani-colin-kaepernick-us-terrorist-attacks-black-brown-people

"There is nothing new about American terrorist attacks against Black and Brown people for the expansion of American imperialism," Kaepernick tweeted.

Now that the NFL has "moved on" from him, maybe he can get back in to the books that he never really did during college.

Iran:  guess what, Colin?  That country is made up of people that are ethnically Persians.  You want to put them in to a "racial" context?  How about "Caucasians for 800, Alex" ?

Farsi:  the language of these Persian people.  It's an Indo-European language from the same linguistic family as... you guessed it... English.  

p.s.  Nike, I'm still not buying any of your shit.  Nor will I ever.  

"Kaepernick's agent did not immediately respond to Fox News' request."  I bet.

How do you respond to stupid by your client?  (Don't answer that).  Colin is now in his own little world, perhaps without the ability to play again, and now a confirmed fool.

Nike - great choice of spokesperson.

//end rant

• Haha 1

• 5 months later...

This is why I find Kaepernick to have so much hubris when he says “we” as if speaking for all people of color. With that frame, it’s entertaining to see a direct contradiction and a nice reminder that the world isn’t just what’s hot in the news.

Summary:

-If white supremacy is such a “problem” he’s done pretty well for himself

-Quotes Booker T Washington as saying those who profit from racism are those keeping it alive (very similar to views/words of Thomas Sowell)

-He received a metric shit ton of money from Nike for his “cause,” would be reduced to irrelevance if not for activism 

Edited by SurelySerious

• 3 months later...
2 hours ago, HuggyU2 said:

I might be completely wrong here, but my sense is they’re being sarcastic. The “That stuff ain’t happening with Kamala Biden” remark seemed particularly tongue in cheek. 

The general public has no idea how military aviation operates. They don’t understand the training crew gains by hitting a set TOT, they don’t recognize the work that goes into route study and all the coordination it entails. All they see, is the awesome jets flying over at the right time of the Anthem. Then make silly comments like “hard earned tax dollars at work”. Yeah Joe that’s exactly what we’re all paying for...letting aircrew execute their skill set #FlyEaglesFly
  • Like 2

On 10/20/2020 at 2:45 PM, HuggyU2 said:

The article contains an interesting line:

"[the idea that there is a link] between a football game and patriotism of the country does seem a bit disjointed".

It's called American Football. How much more concrete of a link could you ask for?

• Haha 2

On 10/21/2020 at 11:28 AM, jrizzell said:

The general public has no idea how military aviation operates. They don’t understand the training crew gains by hitting a set TOT, they don’t recognize the work that goes into route study and all the coordination it entails. All they see, is the awesome jets flying over at the right time of the Anthem. Then make silly comments like “hard earned tax dollars at work”. Yeah Joe that’s exactly what we’re all paying for...letting aircrew execute their skill set #FlyEaglesFly

This is legit the question I was going to ask.  Is it good training...seems so from your statement.

I have no idea if a B-52, F-22, or KC-135 crew would find it good training.  

But in doing flyovers with the T-38 (single-ship or formation), yes... it was excellent training.  And if in formation, we often bring along someone that has never done a flyover before to get them to see another aspect of flying and flight planning.  

• Like 2