Flying Videos Thread Part 2?

Slick

3 hours ago, Boomer6 said:

Turns out towing fat Amy whilst the parking brake is engaged doesn’t workout well, gear pin or not.

I would love to get a look into that wheel well.  If it was pinned and still "folded" then there is some aircraft side issues 🙂

• 3 weeks later...

Last night’s UPS arrival rush at Louisville Muhammad Ali International Airport - SDF. The airport is always busy this time of year, but let’s throw in an arctic cold front and see what happens. Single runway operations for most of the night with the wind howling out of the northwest. There was even a few times were the final for runway 29 was lined up all they way to Frankfort/Lexington area (75 Miles!!!!). As always a masterful job by ATC getting everyone in.

• Upvote 5

50th Anniversary of LB2 missions.  I post this every year, but it's a well put-together video with some great audio and info graphics.  I highly recommend the book "The 11 Days of Christmas" about the BUFF LB2 missions.  Enjoy!

Edited by b52gator
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, b52gator said:

50th Anniversary of LB2 missions.  I post this every year, but it's a well put-together video with some great audio and info graphics.  I highly recommend the book "The 11 Days of Christmas" about the BUFF LB2 missions.  Enjoy!

Balls

17 hours ago, b52gator said:

Fucking gnarly.   That's more SAMs than I'd care to see.  Those guys had huge nuts.  

The 11 Days of Christmas 

Should be required reading for everyone/anyone even remotely involved in fighting the air war on basic leadership and strategic thinking that went sideways.  

Those BUFF gents hand a hand and foot tied behind their backs, but hacked the mission.   Unfortunately with more losses than there should have been.  

I’ve talked to a few A-6 folks who carried hate inbound and delivered on the deck dodging all kinds of shit…some remarked how they couldn’t believe the BUFFs above were flying their predictable profile into that same iron shitstorm.  

ATIS 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
On 2/5/2023 at 6:18 AM, ClearedHot said:

I saw the T-Birds in the Phabulous Phantom when I was a kid...Phucking Amazing.

Both teams were superb in the F-4.

My first memory of seeing them was when my Dad was at Misawa, I was in first grade, I remember it being loud and cool. They were flying the F-100 or maybe the 105. I would have to dig out the old 8mm film and projector to be sure. The next time I saw them was in Alaska when they were flying the F-4 1970ish. Big airshow, they had this giant new plane called the C-5 there. I checked out the C-130 ski birds that were stationed there. My girlfriends dad was an FE on those.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, arg said:

You kids don't know how good you got it nowadays. We had had to fight wars without rip-its

2061074883_download(3).jpeg.d99758f7064816478e670387f7bca13b.jpeg

In the late 90s, we used to do lines of Vivarin like Scar Face when I was a sheetmetal dude.  I was tweaking removing all of those stuck screws on the Viper lol.  Back then I lived on Malrboro Reds, Vivarin and Burger King.  Lol

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Biff_T said:

2061074883_download(3).jpeg.d99758f7064816478e670387f7bca13b.jpeg

In the late 90s, we used to do lines of Vivarin like Scar Face when I was a sheetmetal dude.  I was tweaking removing all of those stuck screws on the Viper lol.  Back then I lived on Malrboro Reds, Vivarin and Burger King.  Lol

We were using Vivarin back in the late 70s/early 80s, haven't heard that name in years!  Didn't know they still sold the stuff!

This was pretty popular as well...

A6ETTBTQLK4DO4F5SNJ2JZZNPQ.jpg

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, b52gator said:

chase car driver must have been running late (sound on and up)

Looks like he almost spilled his Burger King taking that right turn lol.  

• Like 1