Flying Videos Thread Part 2?

Slick

19 hours ago, JeremiahWeed said:

Plus why a single ship?  Budget cuts?  🤔

It's not all that uncommon to run an intercept single-ship in situations like this. Assuming there was a two ship in the cap.   

Edited by SocialD

F-35B to the rescue!

We’ve finally found a purpose for the $169M stealth VSTOL fighter airplane that screwed the other multipurpose fighter designs and that has a range less than the carrier killing missiles “some threat countries” put on “islands.”

The Cessna will NEVER see it coming sts.

On 9/23/2021 at 9:58 PM, Danger41 said:

I remember min airspeed in BFM exceeded VNE in most bug smashers by ~69 Knots. I think you strap some 9X’s to a U-28 and they’ll be lethal to the low, slow crowd. 

But VNE in the U-28 is ~69 Knots slower than most bug smashers...

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

For some reason my post was deleted, weird.  

Rumor is, this guy had it towed out to be a float in a parade, then he decided to fly it out to beat the weather.  I did a quick google street view and he had 2,500 ft of obstruction free road available.  He started his takeoff roll with ~1,200 ft to the light pole he hit.  A 220HP Stearman, even with a metal prop is underpowered, so I'm surprised he attempted this with only 1,200 ft to get over that pole.  There was an airport less than 3 miles away...  The Stearman groups have not been kind to this incident. 

34 minutes ago, 1:1:1 said:

Needed more right rudder

End game, just a touch of right aileron might have saved this as well.

Edited by SocialD

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I personaly love this video. One of the oldest and baddest video of all time I've seen about piloting. Sure, in millitary you do not fly like this but who lnows what battleground can hold for you? 😄 Tbh I also like the way this video recorded. Something oldskull and warm to my heart. Nowdays usually they use optical camera cubesat but this feels different. Sure with this thingy we have access to see how fly can look like through the satelite view but still it is very difficult to say that I prefer this over oldskull records. I hope you enjoy this video!

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, uhhello said:

This is prevalent around a lot of Military installations, mostly Army that I've seen. Many businesses prey on unsuspecting young GIs. I warned my son about this when he got stationed at Ft Hood.

He wrecked his Harley and spent two weeks in the hospital. Tow company wouldn't let his girlfriend get the bike. Wanted to charge him $300 a day for storage. When he got out of the hospital he told them to keep it. He contacted Harley finance/insurance to deal with it. Wrecker dude starts calling asking him to come get it, eventually offering no charge and they would bring the bike to him. He said nope, it's your problem. Never heard from them again.

22 hours ago, uhhello said:

Yours truly flying #381 in 1979 (leading a verboten formation landing in today's AF), the aircraft shot down by Dorsey.  I flew in the same Med exercise against the same carrier, Saratoga, but was intercepted by a Navy F-4 albeit 10 years earlier.

The A&P that annuals my private plane was on the Saratoga the day the recce F-4 was shot down.  Small world. 

RF-4 Landing.png

Edited by Springer
  • Upvote 6

• 2 weeks later...