Flying Videos Thread Part 2?

Slick

Not a video but I took a few pictures of some cool military aircraft books I found at a used book store. 20230415_122621.thumb.jpg.7cb5db216d72cb9df161eec370116750.jpg

look at the crew on the B-36

20230415_122927.thumb.jpg.8ed9a70572346e86dff9eec2389e5b8f.jpg20230415_123439.thumb.jpg.7d7d99d3692c2e9c05ddff640d11014a.jpg20230415_123348.thumb.jpg.d90d7bc46b75cb0ea2ebf29f39486953.jpg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, ClearedHot said:

Hilarious, at 6:20 the old man slips into his speed jeans and crams a stogie in his pie hole as he steps to the jet...ahhh the good ole days.

Awesome video!   I’m paraphrasing, but the part right before they were in the locker room where lead said “I’ll turn and you blow him out of the sky before he gets me” is awesome.  Plus that stogie!!!  

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, ClearedHot said:

Hilarious, at 6:20 the old man slips into his speed jeans and crams a stogie in his pie hole as he steps to the jet...ahhh the good ole days.

Nuts to think that the 'old man' in that video was probably around flying the first jets in the 50's as a shiny new butter bar, then cut his teeth in 'nam, and finished up flying the jets we STILL fly today.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, FourFans said:

Nuts to think that the 'old man' in that video was probably around flying the first jets in the 50's as a shiny new butter bar, then cut his teeth in 'nam, and finished up flying the jets we STILL fly today.

I was born 30 years too late lol.  I really liked how in the old school AF, you could have the reality of flying 5 plus different MWSs in your lifetime.  All the while not wearing a high and tight, smoking cowboy killers, being a classy alcoholic, banging strippers and the airmen respecting a pilot’s/aircrew's ability to max perform his aircraft and kill bad guys/deliver the goods, while simultaneously living the life described above.  

Edit: My POS Alabama rat skinner moustache wouldn't have cut it back then lol.  

Edited by Biff_T
I spell how your mom looks and its ok with me
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, Biff_T said:

I was born 30 years too late lol.  I really liked how in the old school AF, you could have the reality of flying 5 plus different MWSs in your lifetime.  All the while not wearing a high and tight, smoking cowboy killers, being a classy alcoholic, banging strippers and the airmen respecting a pilot’s/aircrew's ability to max perform his aircraft and kill bad guys/deliver the goods, while simultaneously living the life described above.  

Edit: My POS Alabama rat skinner moustache wouldn't have cut it back then lol.  

My dad flew KC-135’s, Huey Gunships in Vietnam as a Green Hornet, EC-135, F-111’s, and retired flying 135’s again. This is as a prior enlisted guy who enlisted in his 20’s (actually got drafted into the Army while at AF BMT). Earned the nickname of the “oldest Captain in the Air Force” in Vietnam. 

The craziest part to me is that he was sent to the Huey as a thousand hour Tanker AC as a brand new 1st Lt. No casual time between training like now. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Danger41 said:

My dad flew KC-135’s, Huey Gunships in Vietnam as a Green Hornet, EC-135, F-111’s, and retired flying 135’s again. This is as a prior enlisted guy who enlisted in his 20’s (actually got drafted into the Army while at AF BMT). Earned the nickname of the “oldest Captain in the Air Force” in Vietnam. 

The craziest part to me is that he was sent to the Huey as a thousand hour Tanker AC as a brand new 1st Lt. No casual time between training like now. 

Hell yeah!   

As someone with experience flying Hueys and regional jets,  I can tell you going from something with a landing gear handle, thrust from jet engines, and weird flap things to a Huey is a significant change.    So bad ass you could go from the 135 (steam jets I imagine), Huey and 111s in the same career.  As a guy who retired as an AF Captain (don’t tell my wife, as she still thinks I was a Navy Captain lol) I can relate to being the old captain.  

The main difference between jets and Hueys was being able to take my doors off to go fly.  (Don’t stick your arm outside when the guns are firing lol)

Edited by Biff_T

• 3 weeks later...

The Air Heritage Museum C-123K "Thunder Pig" had an exciting landing at the Geneseo Airshow this past weekend.

I believe it's the only flying C-123 on the airshow circuit (maybe the only one flying in the US).  Got to tour it at Oshkosh several years ago.  Neat airplane, and good people.  Powered by two big radial engines, and has the pods for two J85 turbojets.  Turbojets were normally used during takeoff and landing from what I understand, but are unfortunately no longer installed. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Blue said:

The Air Heritage Museum C-123K "Thunder Pig" had an exciting landing at the Geneseo Airshow this past weekend.

I believe it's the only flying C-123 on the airshow circuit (maybe the only one flying in the US).  Got to tour it at Oshkosh several years ago.  Neat airplane, and good people.  Powered by two big radial engines, and has the pods for two J85 turbojets.  Turbojets were normally used during takeoff and landing from what I understand, but are unfortunately no longer installed. 

He was trying to make that first high speed taxiway and then remembered he wasn’t landing at LAX.  Lol.   

In all seriousness, glad it’s ok.  That 123 just needed a walk in the grass.  For old times sake.  

Edited by Biff_T
Spelling bee failure

• 2 weeks later...

This video sums up war.  

Edited by Biff_T
Afterthought

5 hours ago, ClearedHot said:

Left the Rum Store and notice it is sketch art day in W-151.  Which one of you Raptor clowns is drawing a sky condom on a Friday afternoon....must be a former Eagle guy.

Penis.jpg

CH, if that’s the shape your condoms take, I’ll just leave this here:

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/peyronies-disease/symptoms-causes/syc-20353468

• Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...