Brexit

Clark Griswold

17 minutes ago, guineapigfury said:

No it isn't.  The EU will make a show of telling off the UK, realize that 17% of Europe's economy walking out the door is a bad thing and then invite them to take a deal similar to Norway's.  The UK will then gladly accept that deal.

I give it 10 years.  Sooner if the Russians keep mettling.

• 2 weeks later...

The elements in the EU attempting to make this painful are cutting off their nose to spite their face. The attempt is transparent enough to see the whole point is the longer England deals with fallout painfully the more examples for pro-EU elements in countries like Denmark or France to use to hold by the trend of leaving.

This isn't Latvia or some other tiny country amongst a list of countries that left, it's the 5th largest economy in the world and the 1st/2nd economy in Europe for 90% of the things you would want to export (tech/cars/etc). European politicians in Brussels seem to have forgotten they aren't the only Buffet table for the Brits to fill their plate at.

If I was a business/industry CEO from an EU country I'd be making phone calls to the politicians of my country to remind them of that.... If I was same from outside the EU I'd be throwing everything I could at trying to pick up the market slack that things like punishment tariffs are going to cause.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Upvote 2

• 3 years later...

Well I couldn’t think of the exact word at the time of posting. Maybe not “honestly”. Maybe genuine? Or at least less PC? I find it interesting that they have some real heated debates compared to our measured, back stabbing political games. Yeah I’m sure “honestly” wasn’t the right word, but I think you can see my point.

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app

• Thanks 1

On 9/4/2019 at 2:18 PM, torqued said:

Make America Great (Britain) again?

No thanks, looks like chaos to me.

Still better than the theatric spectacles our Congress is used for at times, like having Comey testify or the Kavanaugh hearings. I think at least the house of Commons functions pretty well as parliament is concerned but there are some serious concerns with the house of Lord's.

• Like 1