ANG MEPS Entry Gallbladder surgery

I am trying to enter the Air Force National Guard and my recruiter is requesting documents pertaining to my gallbladder surgery that I had done over 10 years ago so that he can send me to MEPS for the physical. I can't really find any documents and have gone to my doctors' offices (surgeon and gastroenterologist) and even the hospital where the surgery was performed, but all of them have destroyed the records because it was so long ago. After my gallbladder, was removed I never had any complications so there was no need to see any doctor since.

My recruiter won't send me off to MEPS without any record of it, is there anything I can do?

• 3 weeks later...

I had the same issue as you but I had all the paperwork. Ultimately the doctor was just concerned with whether or not I had an lasting effects from the surgery. Ask if you can get a checkup from a family physician and a gastroenterologist now and get them to put in writing that you have no complications or lasting effects that would prevent you from service. And get a letter from your former gastroenterologist stating the records were destroyed.