Enterogermina

barney

Has anyone taken this stuff?  Was on leave in Central America and experienced "travelers diarrhea".  Cause unknown, most likely local water.  In an effort to curtail my symptoms I took this stuff on a local doctors recommendation.  You can get this at the local pharmacy and all it is is a set of probiotic vials w/ a set of pills.  BL, do you think I am required to tell the flight doc I took it upon my return or no?  It did work and I feel fine now. 

Thanks

On 4/3/2016 at 11:51 AM, barney said:

words

AFI 48-123
2.12. Member. Meets scheduled medical appointments as directed. (T-2) Member should inform unit supervisor of required follow-up evaluations and appointments. Reports and submits all medical/dental treatment obtained through civilian sources and any medical condition that might impact utilization and readiness of personnel to the assigned Primary Care Element team or ARC medical unit. [...]
[...]
6.21.1. All medical treatment obtained from any source must be cleared by a flight surgeon prior to reporting for flight duty and documented in the medical record. (T-1) When a crewmember receives care by a non-flight surgeon provider, the clinical encounter must be reviewed by a flight surgeon for appropriate aeromedical disposition prior to the member resuming flying duties. (T-1) Aircrew members must maintain a medical clearance from the flight surgeon to perform in-flight duties. (T-1)
6.21.2. All dental treatment obtained from any source other than trained military Dental Clinic personnel must be cleared by a flight surgeon prior to reporting for flight duty. (T-1) If a flight surgeon is not immediately available, the member will be removed from flying duties until seen by a flight surgeon or the visit has been reviewed by a flight surgeon. (T-1)
6.21.3. Use of any medication is prohibited, except as described in the “Official Air Force Aerospace Medicine Approved Medications” updated periodically by AFMSA (approved by AF/SG3P). (T-1) Use of any Over the Counter (OTC) Medications, except as described in the “Official Air Force Aerospace Medicine Approved Medications” and “Over the Counter (OTC) Medications," updated periodically by AFMSA (approved by AF/SG3P) is prohibited. (T-1) Dietary, herbal, and nutritional supplements can only be used with the approval of a flight surgeon. (T-1)