2016 UPT Board

Thanks for the info! Yeah, over the summer when I met with the OA recruiter, I signed a document saying I understood there was a two lifetime limit to go up to the board. Not sure how recently implemented this is. If it is the case, I'm trying to make a educated decision (gamble) for myself. If this were still the old rules (365days until next board you can go up to), how would that affect me trying to get sponsored early next year if I were to get rejected? Would they still be willing to sponsor me with the idea that my package may not go to the next board, but instead the next board I'm eligible for?

• 2 weeks later...
Can an ART take a military leave of absense from their civilian job. ie: can i keep my airline seniority if i get picked up by the reserves? I know i can keep it up through seasoning but will i be forced to quit after that?

Check out the "leaving the AF for the airlines" thread, its been discussed there. I'm fairly certain there is a legal requirement that you keep your seniority

I will be putting in for the upcomming UPT board but I'm a little conused on the submittion date.  On the recruiting website the powerpoint says packages are due dec 15 but i've been seeing on the internet that the date was moved up to November sometime.  Where did this change come from and why is it not on the Official website?

You may be confusing the active duty rated board with the OTS UPT board. The active duty rated board is for already commissioned active duty officers, and that board has had a submission date of November for the past 6-9 years at least. I have no clue about the OTS board.

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network Forums

• 3 weeks later...

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up.  I had to sign a ANG statement of understanding this past week and no where did it metion anything about the requirement for 6 years as an ART.  So it looks like its still a reserve thing.  I've been debating whether it would be best to try and work as an ART for a while and then try to get pickup up by the airlines, or just stay a TR and try to find some other kind of civilian flying gig.  I'm thinking I should have close to 500 hours once I finish up my flight training.  

Is it pretty easy for a newly trained military pilot to get some kind of local flying gig with a 135 company or something of that nature?  I assume thats what most do to get the 750 hours required for a restricted ATP with the regionals.

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up.  I had to sign a ANG statement of understanding this past week and no where did it metion anything about the requirement for 6 years as an ART.  So it looks like its still a reserve thing.  I've been debating whether it would be best to try and work as an ART for a while and then try to get pickup up by the airlines, or just stay a TR and try to find some other kind of civilian flying gig.  I'm thinking I should have close to 500 hours once I finish up my flight training.  
Is it pretty easy for a newly trained military pilot to get some kind of local flying gig with a 135 company or something of that nature?  I assume thats what most do to get the 750 hours required for a restricted ATP with the regionals.

If things stay as they are... you're not going to have any problem finding Civ flying work. Just keep your finger out of your nose when you interview and you'll be fine. I wouldn't commit to any long term ART or AGR right now until you have a seniority number. There will be plenty of flying at all squadrons. Talk around to the guys that are working civ jobs in your squadron I'm sure you'll here something similar.

To all you new Upt hires... look at what's going on around you and learn. The guard reserve has HEMORRHAGED pilots the last three yrs. And what is AFRCs solution...? Improve quality of life? Try and make things better for aircrew? Nope they try and force people into the jobs that hundreds have just left... NO ONE is fighting to stay in ART jobs. Everyone's fighting to leave. It's never just one reason there is a push/pull theory at play here. The majors have got it figured out, and they have been pulling hard bc they know the game. The toxicity of our command is heart breaking. We are plagued with "leadership" who has had the luxury of a downturned pilot market and has commanded whatever they wished and people would stay. Now there are options and they don't know how to react bc this is an environment that current leadership has never known... until now. They had better learn quickly the doors open and people are walking towards it....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/23/2016 at 10:39 AM, Flyingboom said:

Does anyone know when the results for the AFRC Fall board will be posted? 

The results should post around the second and third week of December. Most like the week of the 10th. That's when they posted last year for the fall board. Good luck to us both! 

Did just the "mandatory" part get scrapped, or is it still available if wanted. Finishing up Herc FTU in a few weeks and was wondering if it's still an option ?

It is still available just not mandatory. This was the original intent behind the program from the beginning.

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network Forums

• 2 weeks later...

AFR 16-02 UFT Board Selectee results should be released soon. If you have access to mil computer you can look up through the AFRC Sharepoint.  Go to AF Portal >>> Search AFRC Sharepoint >>> Go to the Share point >>> Select A3 from one of the top titles, scroll down selections, across the top >>> Go to A3R Aircrew resource management >>> This should bring you to the UFT info. The results should have been released on 12 December, as stated on this page, but currently the release is only waiting on AFRC/CC signature/approval. It will be posted any day now!! If anyone sees that the results are released, please post a comment here.

Thanks,

• 4 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, Naviguesser said:

Data point:  At least 8 of the UPT selects had age waivers.

Nice! Sounds like a lot of my friends who were applying during the sequestration era and aged-out are finally getting picked up. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey dudes, I'm putting together a complete list of all fighter units and when their next UPT boards are going to be, along with a link to their respective UPT package information.  Let me know if you would be interested.

On 1/23/2017 at 3:39 PM, Stag07 said:

Naviuesser, any ability to elaborate on the waiver applications and or the circumstances that were waived?

No.  I just saw the raw numbers.  I'm pretty sure everyone who had a waiver was sponsored.