Active Duty UFT Board

bluedevil

1 hour ago, Flyingforce said:

That's the first time I've had anyone comment on that, and I've been asking around trying to figure out how a 1/1 strat will help or not... Unfortunately, obviously out of my control, I was the only one in my wing to apply. How will the board look at this opposed to say a 3/6 strat? 

I've never sat on a rated selection board, so I can't really offer how that will/won't affect things. While the push line is the most important, for a rated board/OPR/etc the rest of your bullets do help as well.  I certainly wouldn't stress over it, just some future advice :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, hispeed7721 said:

I've never sat on a rated selection board, so I can't really offer how that will/won't affect things. While the push line is the most important, for a rated board/OPR/etc the rest of your bullets do help as well.  I certainly wouldn't stress over it, just some future advice :thumbsup:

the 1/1 strat stems from the Form 215 Aircrew Data Summary Sheet where they have a specific block (apart from the comments) that shows rater's strat of everyone applying for the board. If you're the only one applying; you're forced to put 1/1 on that block. The 1/X CGO strat is in the push-line in the comments block, much like in an OPR.

Edited by argo

Yeah I'm familiar with the 215...just from their wording it seemed like their raters wrote in 1/1 in their bullets section, hence my comment.

Flyingforce and Nh26 - if y'all were referring to the line specific to the 215, then forget what I said in reference to the board. Definitely keep it in mind for OPR's though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

22 minutes ago, hispeed7721 said:

Yeah I'm familiar with the 215...just from their wording it seemed like their raters wrote in 1/1 in their bullets section, hence my comment.

Flyingforce and Nh26 - if y'all were referring to the line specific to the 215, then forget what I said in reference to the board. Definitely keep it in mind for OPR's though.

Yah, I was referring to the line specific to the form 215. Again, no clue how they will look at it on the board. one question though, how would a captain's push note go against a brand new lieutenants push note? Seems like the captain would definitely have an edge. Or do they look at your year group and match you up against others in your year group? Just curious. 

Edited by Flyingforce

40 minutes ago, Flyingforce said:

Yah, I was referring to the line specific to the form 215. Again, no clue how they will look at it on the board. one question though, how would a captain's push note go against a brand new lieutenants push note? Seems like the captain would definitely have an edge. Or do they look at your year group and match you up against others in your year group? Just curious. 

I think the edge with the captain would be he just has more responsibility in his day-to-day duties so his strat would be stronger with 1/X CGO, whereas the new Lt wouldn't get that 1/X CGO strat, unless they are that good. the rest of the push note would differ from a normal OPR (no school/assignment push), but would be pretty similar to the Lt push note for the 215 though I think, 1/X CGO, great officer etc. etc., select this board! I don't think they look at year groups, everyone applying to that board would just compete against each other.

Edited by argo

For that 215 specific ranking, it's not going to be detrimental to you at all, because you're the only one applying and that ranking has to be filled out.

For Lt vs Capt, just like Argo said, hopefully the Capt has some more responsibility and therefore some stronger bullets.

• 2 weeks later...

How do you guys feel about the new AF 215? Last year it had 3 sections Self, Commander, and Senior Rater w/ about 20 bullets now we have two sections with only 6 bullets total, 3 from your CC and 3 from your Senior Rater. To me that means the Letter of Rec will probably carry more weight than previous boards. 

On 2/10/2016 at 10:46 AM, Vimix22 said:

How do you guys feel about the new AF 215? Last year it had 3 sections Self, Commander, and Senior Rater w/ about 20 bullets now we have two sections with only 6 bullets total, 3 from your CC and 3 from your Senior Rater. To me that means the Letter of Rec will probably carry more weight than previous boards. 

From what I've heard they're trying to make it a lot more quantitative vs opinionated. For instance, a weight given to PCSM score and whatnot. They're also pulling your OPRs, though I imagine they were doing that prior to the changeup...