I'm running for U.S. Congress

BONE WSO

Mods- Feel free to delete if this is not allowed and I apologize in advance.

Friends,

I have decided to run for U.S Congress in the 6th Congressional District here in the DFW area. I can no longer sit on the sidelines, watching the out of control spending, the rampant corruption, the constant threat of military benefit cuts, and the do-nothing career politicians who care more about keeping their jobs than they do about service to this nation. I'm fed up with it and I'm confident my background will provide a good foundation to stand up to the problems in D.C.

This campaign is going to be brutal. I'm going to run for the Republican nomination against a 30 year incumbent, Joe Barton. The odds are severely stacked against me. However, I'm confident I can win. We have an excellent strategy in place and a clear path to victory. If I didn't think I could win, I wouldn't waste my time.

I appreciate any support, advice, and connections you guys can give me that may give me a leg up. We will need all the help we can get! I have been on the forum for over 10 years now and I truly value the opinions and ideas you guys have.

Thanks!

Steven

Edited by BONE WSO
  • Upvote 9

very cool...good luck! couple ideas:

- get a real picture taken...the camera phone picture in the hallway is unprofessional

- go easy on attacking the incumbent; you are playing a game that you are new to, and I have a feeling a man with 30 years of experience playing that game will run circles around you

• Upvote 2

Ever seen Charlie's War? I recommend finding 100 volunteers and 100 busses, and driving people who aren't likely to vote down to the primary in March.

That, and get the word out at local bases and ROTC events. Also, go easy on the military experience...your page reads like an OPR a lot of bold claims but not much substance other than that you want to fix our country. Find out who supports your opponent and see if you can get their support.

Good luck.

• Upvote 2

Mods- Feel free to delete if this is not allowed and I apologize in advance.

Friends,

I have decided to run for U.S Congress in the 6th Congressional District here in the DFW area. I can no longer sit on the sidelines, watching the out of control spending, the rampant corruption, the constant threat of military benefit cuts, and the do-nothing career politicians who care more about keeping their jobs than they do about service to this nation. I'm fed up with it and I'm confident my background will provide a good foundation to stand up to the problems in D.C.

This campaign is going to be brutal. I'm going to run for the Republican nomination against a 30 year incumbent, Joe Barton. The odds are severely stacked against me. However, I'm confident I can win. We have an excellent strategy in place and a clear path to victory. If I didn't think I could win, I wouldn't waste my time.

I appreciate any support, advice, and connections you guys can give me that may give me a leg up. We will need all the help we can get! I have been on the forum for over 10 years now and I truly value the opinions and ideas you guys have.

My FB page is www.facebook.com/stevenfowlertx and my website is www.stevenfowler.org if you want to follow the race. The Primary Election is on March 1, 2016, which essentially will decide the entire election.

Thanks!

Steven

Good luck. You won't be the first BO.net member to run and hopefully you'll be the second to win a seat! You should reach out to Adam Kinzinger. http://kinzinger.house.gov/contact/

Admin Comment: I have no problems with this post; but if anyone does please feel free to PM me to discuss it, or simply report the thread via the usual methods.

On a personal note, I wish you all the best of luck and I wish I was able to vote for you. Military experience in Congress is badly lacking, as is support for our servicemembers and veterans. I hope if elected, you will do your best to correct that.

Cheers! M2