Non-Flying TR jobs

Anyone know of any somewhat interesting non-flying jobs out there for 11Fs? CAOC, Intel, looking for any ideas mainly east coast. PM me.

Danke

Anyone know of any somewhat interesting non-flying jobs out there for 11Fs? CAOC, Intel, looking for any ideas mainly east coast. PM me.

Danke

There's the 152 AOG in New York AOC-wise, unsure hiring status.

Edit: apparently they support USAFE...didn't realize that. Sounds terrible.

Edited by SurelySerious

I'm in the 157th AOG at St. Louis. Great unit and they seem to always be looking for fighter/bomber guys. We are in Pacaf and are the backfill for Hickam AOC. :rock: Lots of exercises in the Pacific. PM me if you want more details. I have a friend that is in an AOC ANG unit in PA, I can also put you in touch with him.

• 1 month later...

I'm an 11M looking to see if there are any non-flying positions in the Wright Patt (Dayton / Cincy) area if possible.

I have a buddy who's an 11F looking for the same thing and in the same areas.

• 4 years later...

There are a number of non-flying, non IMA, gigs out there.  I am pretty sure every AOC has a guard/reserve augment component.   I was in HIANG with the 109th AOG now 202 (I think).  We had a unit in St. Louis that augmented the CAF side of the house in the PACAF AOC.  I know Korea and USAFE, and have a guard unit that supplements. The FLANG works the AFNORTH AOC. The commitment when I was in was one to two exercises a year. That covered your AT and UTAs.

There are reserve units that supplement AFFOR Staff, the one for PACAF is out of Beal with a Det. at Hickam. Again, I know Korea has one as well and I assume every AFFOR staff has a similar reserve unit associated with it.

The guys I know who do the staff gig like it because they get to go to Korea or Hawaii or Germany for a couple of weeks for an exercise, play the role of A3xxx or A5/6/7  SME, and tie in some additional "training days."  Makes for a cheap vacation and gets you out of the CONUS.  Plus you can always pick up random two week exercises to great places, as a PACAF guy it was the PI, Thailand, Australia, Japan etc. 

Just avoid the unit that pulled the short straw that supplements  CENTAF, unless you like Shaw or the Died.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 years later...