ANG: Be Careful What You Ask For

Flaco

Interesting to hear everyone else's side of things.

We're still sitting on 1 deployment every 2 years, still voluntary (0, 60, or 120 days). Almost everything additional is stuff that current ops picks up for us to bid on.

Pretty sure if they shortened our dwell or began non-vol'ing, the unit would become a burning ship with rats jumping for shore. Our guys are extremely proud of our traditional base and the State mission, and would riot if they were threatened with full active duty suck. Reserves, unfortunately, don't have that nice State flag shield to hide behind.

It's always going to be death by a thousand pin-pricks, though.

In addition to all of the above, we (Reserve tankers) are hearing rumors of 120 day activations vs our normal 60 (which somehow usually works out to be 70 plus.....and FORGET about breaking it up into 30 days). Not sure how this will work as guys in the sandbox right now are hitting their 150 hrs rather quickly. I've heard everything from "could never happen" to "done deal - order signed by Gen Jackson" on this one. Anyone have the facts? Wouldn't it be nice if our so called "leadership" would pass along major changes in our modus operandi to the rank and file?

I haven't heard that one; I think I know what I'm asking at Commander's Call this weekend.

Edit: emphasis

Edited by JarheadBoom

In addition to all of the above, we (Reserve tankers) are hearing rumors of 120 day activations vs our normal 60 (which somehow usually works out to be 70 plus.....and FORGET about breaking it up into 30 days). Not sure how this will work as guys in the sandbox right now are hitting their 150 hrs rather quickly. I've heard everything from "could never happen" to "done deal - order signed by Gen Jackson" on this one. Anyone have the facts? Wouldn't it be nice if our so called "leadership" would pass along major changes in our modus operandi to the rank and file?

Shit I hit 329.7 in ~60 days and thus timed out on my 90 day. Been back 3 weeks and still can't fly a local because nothing has dropped off yet...

Just received this today (ANG):

ALCON -

Unit training managers received the attached information and I wanted to

ensure all officers are aware of the requirement to have an advanced

academic degree for O6 promotion ability in the future. (I do not have a

firm date of when this will be required.)

The following opportunity opened extending ACSC "On Line Master's Program"

(OLMP) to Lt Col's needing advanced degrees. Typically this is only

available to Majors.

I wonder if they'll open up extra pay days for us to complete the OLMP... Not that I have any desire to make O-6, 20 year can't get here fast enough!

Edited by SocialD

In addition to all of the above, we (Reserve tankers) are hearing rumors of 120 day activations vs our normal 60

I haven't heard that one; I think I know what I'm asking at Commander's Call this weekend.

I asked our DO this afternoon; it was the first he's heard about it.