Vision waiver info

aspec

4 minutes ago, Desk Jobs Suck said:

Yeah I'm still at WP, haven't seen the optometrist yet. I'm just going to stop bugging out over this until I see a doctor then lol. Also my PRK was definitely for myopia, the tech was rushing me so I wasn't the most confident in my answers..

Yea, not uncommon situation at all.  Without getting your hopes up too high, the vast majority of these cases went OK.  The doc (optometrist) can hopefully help sort things out.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, stuckindayton said:

Yes, that's not 9 esophoria.  I forget the conversion, but that number means nothing without converting it.  The techs always converted for us so I don't really know what the raw score mean.  If you haven't seen one of the docs yet, just hang tight.  People failed things all the time and we often could get them through with a little better instruction, etc.

14 hours ago, Desk Jobs Suck said:

Yeah I'm still at WP, haven't seen the optometrist yet. I'm just going to stop bugging out over this until I see a doctor then lol. Also my PRK was definitely for myopia, the tech was rushing me so I wasn't the most confident in my answers..

Hang in there.  I was at WP back in March of this year for FC1 and had an issue with depth perception. Couldn't even get through section A of the Randot test.   Of course internally i'm freaking out at this point, but as @stuckindayton mentioned above, I was able to pass all the way through section F with better instruction.  I had an optometrist who was/is know as Killer and believe me, this individual went far beyond what was required of them to see through to it that I gave it my absolute best shot.  After all was said & done,  we were high fived & shared some candy and I was on my way. 

Don't give up hope - be a good person and trust that these doctors will do their absolute best to get you through it. Good luck & keep posted. PM if you need more info