Dos Gringos

Guest fbomb

Guest cbire880

Some of the best $15 I've ever spent.....

Well I guess the price went up since I bought it....

[ 31. December 2004, 17:12: Message edited by: cbire880 ]

Originally posted by HercDriver24:

Ummm yeah, I pretty sure we might have heard it once or twice. On a related note, I hear M.C. Hammer will be soon releasing a song called "Can't Touch This".

HD

Oh S#!t are you serious!? Damn I better my hands on that. I still think Vanilla Ice is the best though! Word to yo mutha! :D

[ 31. December 2004, 17:17: Message edited by: lagguer ]

• 1 month later...
Guest Dirt Beater

I was thinking...I remember reading about the viper dudes who made the gold bond video and got hosed with article 15s and what-not and I was wondering why the 2 gringos haven't met a similar fate. With song titles alone like "likes the ****" and "***** spent all my money" you'd think the leadership would shit their pants about this kinda stuff going more or less public. Any thoughts?

[ 08. February 2005, 20:24: Message edited by: Dirt Beater ]

Because the CD is in no way involoved with the AF. Snooze and Trip wrote the songs at PSAB, but recorded them at a studio at home with their own money. They also only sell the CDs through their website (they don't peddle them around base). The problem with the Gold Bond Video (in my estimation) is that they were in uniform when they made the video and probably sent it around the base via email and some sensitive prick got a hold of it.

HD

Guest lovelacm
Originally posted by HercDriver24:

...some sensitive prick got a hold of it.

Yeah...no pun intended, right!? ROTFL.

The "stuffed penis puppet"... or something like that.

Vent On.

Holy Mother of God. LOR's/Art 15's? OK, it was probably not the brightest idea to do it in uniform and on base, but what the hell?

Vent off.

Beater

Plus songs like the Dos Gringos bros are singing are an Air Force tradition...very common during Viet Nam (and before some smartass makes a comment, I wasn't on active duty during Viet Nam! ). And as HD said, they were smart in how they did it.

Although funny, someone at the Pantons should have realized that the Gold Bond powder vid would cause problems. The leadership are just CYA'ing as all it takes is some weenie somewhere to see it and call the EEO office to cause shit. Just another example of the PC envionment we are all suffering under...

Cheers! M2

Guest deweygcc
Originally posted by MajorMadMax:

Plus songs like the Dos Gringos bros are singing are an Air Force tradition...very common during Viet Nam (and before some smartass makes a comment, I wasn't on active duty during Viet Nam! ).

So you left the Active duty BEFORE Nam? COOL :D

[ 09. February 2005, 11:35: Message edited by: deweygcc ]

Chuck

Yeah, Dewey got a dig in, the ****er! :D

The reason it took me awhile to respond was I was looking for my copy of The Military Commander and the Law. It is a great reference document and can be downloaded at: http://milcom.jag.af.mil/ It tells you what you need to know before you talk with the JA. I highly recommend getting a copy, even if you aren't a commander. It is good to know the law.

According to my 2001 edition...

LORs on officers must be filed in a UIF for a maximum of two years. Early removal can be done by the Wing Commander or issuing authority, whichever is higher in rank.
It also goes on to say...

For both LORs and LOAs, the officer's rater must consider making comments in the next OPR. Further, commandres mucst carefully consider making a comment on the officer's PRF, and should consider filing it in the Officer Selection Record (OSR).
Now that is the worst case scenario, nothing says any of that has to be done. The UCMJ gives comanders a lot of leeway on what actions they can take. More info can be found in AFI 36-2907.

I would like to stress one important point...the decision to issue a LOR is the commander's, the JA is just a legal advisor in the process and has no authority to take any action against an individual. It is the commander's choice to accept a JA recommendation or not.

Lastly, nothing is hardfast in the UCMJ, and obviously we don't know all the facts. Therefore, it isn't right to make any judgments based on what limited and possibly incorrect information we have, be it the Panton's Gold Bond powder video or allegations of cheating at Columbus. For better or worst, the US military legal system works, at least most of the time...

Cheers! M2

[ 09. February 2005, 14:27: Message edited by: MajorMadMax ]