General Lori Robinson

alwyn2d

There are some interesting comments about this on John Q public's Facebook page. Gen Breedlove actually pitches in to song her praises. I don't trust a sitting general to give an impartial opinion, but it's better than the random old farts implying that she's unqualified because she's a woman and not a pilot.

Edited by Jaded
  • Upvote 1

Good thing Secretary Chuck "get-a-commission-together-to-investigate-issue-X-instead-of-actually-doing-something-about-it" Hagel is already cutting the legs of credibility out from under her:

"Gen. Robinson was nominated amid a diversity push by Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel and a general focus on women’s issues by the White House."

http://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/jul/17/air-force-command-nominee-is-1st-woman-non-pilot/?page=1

Edited by 10percenttruth

It is this garbage that limits the ability of female leaders. No one has produced a credible reason why she should not be the commander. In fact she has received several "good dudette" blessings. If she is a crappy commander, how is that different than half the senior leaders according to BODN. At least give her a fair shot, no sense in having someone command while handcuffed by rumors. Get over it. Susan J Helms should have been a 4 Star already, but that is a different story.

Posted from the NEW Baseops.net App!

• Upvote 1

Maybe I'm being naieve and not PC, but shouldn't merit and selecting the absolutely best qualified candidate be the Pentagon's priority over "diversity"?

I was at SOS when she spoke to us as the ACC/CV and she talked about this exact issue. Her recommendation was that "if two people are exactly the same on paper, pick the one who doesn't look like you or isn't your friend."

Then a bunch of nerdy Captains asked the ACC Vice Commander about diversity and feelings instead of WTF is happening with the CAF, the F-35, the LRSB, and tiered readiness. That was eye opening.

Gen Wolfenbarger rode the "First class of women at USAFA" train all the way to the top of AFMC. Maybe she'll be the first shoe as CSAF. If all the other four stars are male pilots and one is a female shoe, which one is not like the others?

Edited by MSCguy

Well Gen Eisenhower did not have a overwhelming resume before he came Supreme Allied CC, as compared to a Patton or Bradley but he did have the tools as a staff officer of what it took to cross the channel. If your always at the tip of the spear and looking forward to the enemy you have no idea whats behind you to keep and get you there. During my time we had 2 fighter pilots in positions that still are fucking up the USAF, McPeak and Foglesong, I never want to see those two in charge of anything again. LR does not have much of a operational resume but she does know how to be a commander at different levels more than the current AFMCCC. If she is unsure of aerial combat she has a husband who can easily inform her.

• Upvote 5

I was at SOS when she spoke to us...

Then a bunch of nerdy Captains were force-fed pre-screened, canned questions to ask the ACC Vice Commander about diversity and feelings instead of WTF is happening with the CAF, the F-35, the LRSB, and tiered readiness. That was entirely expected.

FIFY Edited by 10percenttruth

Unfortunately, no. Our CGO force is so inundated with this crappy feel-good-not-concerned-with-being-a-combat-force bullshit, that they come up with those questions on their own. No kidding.

So nothing's changed. Twenty-odd years ago it was about Playboy being sold at the BX...

She has a whole chapter dedicated to her in a New York Times best seller, touting her as one of the AF's greatest leaders. She's a pretty big deal...people know her.

Posted from the NEW Baseops.net App!

I was at SOS when she spoke to us as the ACC/CV and she talked about this exact issue. Her recommendation was that "if two people are exactly the same on paper, pick the one who doesn't look like you or isn't your friend."

I've heard this is why Gen Spencer is the current VCSAF.