FY 15 Force Management Program (RIF, VSP, TERA)

Just called the service center. My app hasn't even been reviewed yet. When asked how approvals were being sent out and my app hasn't been reviewed, I was told it was probably because they were being reviewed/approved on a first come first serve basis...WTH.

For the approvals so far, when did you push the button in vMPF?

Just called the service center. My app hasn't even been reviewed yet. When asked how approvals were being sent out and my app hasn't been reviewed, I was told it was probably because they were being reviewed/approved on a first come first serve basis...WTH.

For the approvals so far, when did you push the button in vMPF?

Submitted mine in mid June.....wasn't at the VSP office until 24 June. Good luck. I think that First come First served is BS. The PSDM says thats not how it's done, hence the waiting period from 30 June.

FY15 VSP approved!

2008 11R JSTARS

5 years UPT ADSC waived

FY14 VSP denied

Submitted FY15 app within a few days of window opening.

Pressed submit while wearing my lucky underwear, maybe that helped!

Anybody know how to request the DOS extension some of the FY14 folks got?

Thanks! Best of luck to those who haven't heard!

MWS?

2007 11R JSTARS

4.5 years UPT ADSC

3 years 9/11 GI Bill Transfer ADSC

Anybody know how to request the DOS extension some of the FY14 folks got?

You and me both. I'd like to push mine back as well and deploy one more time for some more TPIC and tax free before I get out.

JQP is reporting on FB that 11Ms will not meet the RIF board now.

Not surprised...fingers crossed to jump ship before the real shit storm hits.

07 11M C-17

My application was at AFPC before the end of May.

Just a hunch, but for the approvals, are your names at the beginning of the alphabet? The approvals I've heard of so far have been last names of A, B, and C.

Edited by 2-6-2-2

Not surprised...fingers crossed to jump ship before the real shit storm hits.

07 11M C-17

My application was at AFPC before the end of May.

Just a hunch, but for the approvals, are your names at the beginning of the alphabet? The approvals I've heard of so far have been last names of A, B, and C.

I know of an 06 11R, last name begins with A who is still waiting. Approvals for K, L, and R that I know of. O and still waiting.

Edited by Napoleon_Tanerite

I know someone with last name K who got approved. Not sure his AFSC, but he was a T-6 FAIP to C-130s at Pope to KC-135s at SJ guy. Barely got C-130 qual'd before that unit shut down, and now he's barely been qual'd in the KC-135 before his VSP approved...

For all of you approved VSP prior to completing 10 Yrs of service, start checking with the VA whether you'll actually get the Post 9/11 GI Bill tranfer to dependent benefit. Friend of mine approved in the FY '14 VSP found out after the AF telling him that the ADSC would be counted as "served" that the VA has different rules and will not allow the transfer of benefits to a dependent unless you've got 10 years of service.

For all of you approved VSP prior to completing 10 Yrs of service, start checking with the VA whether you'll actually get the Post 9/11 GI Bill tranfer to dependent benefit. Friend of mine approved in the FY '14 VSP found out after the AF telling him that the ADSC would be counted as "served" that the VA has different rules and will not allow the transfer of benefits to a dependent unless you've got 10 years of service.

That would be some crap. I was counting on that and the PSDM clearly states we retain that benefit. Figures the VA would try to screw us though.

Not really the right thread but I am calling BS.

Right off the VA website is the following "The transferability option under the Post-9/11 GI Bill allows Servicemembers to transfer all or some unused benefits to their spouse or dependent children. The Department of Defense (DoD) determines whether or not you can transfer benefits to your family. Once the DoD approves benefits for transfer, the new beneficiaries apply for them at VA. To find out more, visit the DoDs website or apply now."

In black and white, DOD determines whether you can x-fer benefits not the VA. If your friend was really told this then he needs to re-attack. There has never been a 10-year rule on transferring benefits.

Posted from the NEW Baseops.net App!