FY 15 Force Management Program (RIF, VSP, TERA)

Nothing. What bothers me is that leadership accepts their ineptitude as the standard. Nobody is willing to fight for answers. Thus, my life will hang in the balance as I try to stay motivated for an organization whose words aren't worth the piece of paper they're written on.

Nothing here either...the results in May were released on a Monday, so fingers crossed for Monday now I guess. Looks like they learned their lesson last time by not putting a timeline down on paper...so then they can say they didn't bust a timeline.

I bet they're working overtime this weekend to make it happen...ok, let's be honest, there's no way that's happening.

Called TFSC yesterday and also got zero info from them. They admittedly knew nothing. I did call on 10 or 11 July and he rep contacted the Separations office and relayed to me that things were moving slower than last cycle. It was projected to be end July or even early August. I'm not expecting anything next week...even though I jump at the sound of a new email in my outlook.

Timing is everything, so it stands to reason that AFPC would have no clue about theirs. Has anyone heard what kind of numbers they are looking at this time around? The FY14 VSP supposedly cut 1000 officers, so is the FY15 supposed to be similar, maybe half of that, or just 10 lucky people? Anyone?

Question for those approved and have made the transition as a TR regarding health care. How long does your Prime run once you separate? is it 6 months after your DOS or that day and do you just call and make the switch to Reserve select? do you have to wait until after your DOS or can I call right now so everything switches on my DOS? Same question for dental. thanks

Question for those approved and have made the transition as a TR regarding health care. How long does your Prime run once you separate? is it 6 months after your DOS or that day and do you just call and make the switch to Reserve select? do you have to wait until after your DOS or can I call right now so everything switches on my DOS? Same question for dental. thanks

Your Prime ends on the DOS. We are authorized TAMP for 180 days. I have searched through the forums but have not determined yet how to get enrolled in TAMP. I talked to FSS Separations, Finance, the ID card office and my ANG unit and none of them have any clue as to how to actually get enrolled in the program. I will have a 1 week old baby at separation so this has been a high priority to get solved and so far I have had no luck.

Call TRICARE and/or TRICARE DEERS...they helped me answer some questions. I believe you become ineligible if you have even 1 day break in service from active to reserve for TAMP.

http://www.humana-military.com/south/bene/TRICAREPrograms/tamp.asp#1

From some dudes I talked to who have been VSP approved and are not going into the reserves, they have said that they are covered with TRICARE Standard for an extra 180 days FREE, which I'm skeptical on and believe your benefits end on your DOS. If that's the case there's the CHCBP that your can purchase.

http://www.humana-military.com/south/bene/TRICAREPrograms/chcbp.asp#1

• Upvote 1

I'm an 11R, with 5 years left on my ADSC. I was denied for VSP in FY14, we'll see about FY15. Just wondering what my prospects are for PC if I don't get VSP. Assuming I will need to wait until 2/3 of my ADSC are done, right? My base is the only one with my airframe (JSTARS). How often are guard/reserve units willing to retrain to a new airframe? Thanks.

(Pulled quote from palace chase thread... No clue if the app is going to format it correctly)

Denied VSP? Aren't '08 11Rs still showing an overage?

Am I out to lunch on this... I thought that AFPC didn't look much further than the third digit of your AFSC and your remaining ADSC when deciding yes/no. But this seems to be data that they're targeting something specifics within an AFSC (airframe? Qual? AAD progress?... That last one was a joke... I hope) I would have thought that any '08 11R who wanted out had an easy shot.

How'd the JSTARS look for VSP as a whole? Did most eligible guys that applied get approved? (read: was your denial an outlier?)

-BUSTED

From the red/blue matrix:

Q6. What is a Rated Distribution and Training Management (RDTM) code? How do I know what my RDTM code is?

A6. A RDTM identifies the Major Weapon System (MWS) a rated officer belongs to regardless of what position the officer is currently assigned against. For instance, a rated officer could be serving as an Instructor, an Executive Officer, or a student in an in-residence Developmental Education Program. In each of those cases, the rated officer’s duty AFSC would not reflect the MWS in which that officer belongs. Therefore, we use RDTM to properly identify officers for the AFSC they belong to for Force Management program eligibility. Rated officers should check their SURF via the Assignment Management System (AMS) to determine their RDTM code.

Yes, it is based on RDTM, and thus, on airframe. All of the 11R overage could be in one airframe, we don't know. But isn't it great how they don't tell you that, and make you show your cards even if there is no chance at all for approval? I kind of just hoped that in FY14 they just didn't get around to approving 07 and 08 11Rs or they wanted to push it to the next FY. Who knows? It's all smoke and mirrors at AFPC.

(Pulled quote from palace chase thread... No clue if the app is going to format it correctly)

Denied VSP? Aren't '08 11Rs still showing an overage?

Am I out to lunch on this... I thought that AFPC didn't look much further than the third digit of your AFSC and your remaining ADSC when deciding yes/no. But this seems to be data that they're targeting something specifics within an AFSC (airframe? Qual? AAD progress?... That last one was a joke... I hope) I would have thought that any '08 11R who wanted out had an easy shot.

How'd the JSTARS look for VSP as a whole? Did most eligible guys that applied get approved? (read: was your denial an outlier?)

-BUSTED

1 x 06, 2 x 07, and 1 x 08 11R's applied at JSTARS and all four were denied in the FY14 VSP yet all three year groups indicated an overage. The only 11R's I know of that were approved for the FY14 VSP were MC-12 guys although the updated matrix still indicates a significant overage in 11R's in those year groups so all four of us reapplied and are keeping hope that the answer will be different for the FY15 VSP.

Yes, it is based on RDTM, and thus, on airframe. All of the 11R overage could be in one airframe, we don't know. But isn't it great how they don't tell you that, and make you show your cards even if there is no chance at all for approval? I kind of just hoped that in FY14 they just didn't get around to approving 07 and 08 11Rs or they wanted to push it to the next FY. Who knows? It's all smoke and mirrors at AFPC.

I'm hoping that they wanted to get through all of the MC-12 guys first being that the airframe is going away and once they have exhausted all of the MC-12 VSP's they know they will eventually need to send the MC-12 guys who stayed in to places like JSTARS so they will go ahead and allow 11R's like JSTARS guys out because they know they will need open slots to send the MC-12 guys who wanted to stay in to. Unfortunately that makes sense so AFPC will do the total opposite.

From a reliable source: notifications are on hold because air staff is making the new matrices to reflect the Vsp/tera approvals. Notifications SHOULD go out this week.

If this is true, does anyone know why they would hold off telling people such a life changing piece of information. Just to update a spreadsheet that can be fixed after they announce? Seems ridiculous to me....but definelty somthing AFPC would do.

EDIT: Called the TFSC once again...the rep said people will be notified next month. Said "there is no way they'll announce in July."

I hope she's wrong and just handing out the company line, but August seems to be real target.

Edited by Shut up 'n color