FY 15 Force Management Program (RIF, VSP, TERA)

Yeah, still waiting..... My commander said to expect an extension automatically if I get approved- extension to February 1 2015 if I wanted it, have y'all heard that at all?

Posted from the NEW Baseops.net App!

-couldn't find anything on mypers

A handful of the FY14 VSP guys have been approved for an extension. Most are at bases that took the biggest hit and are facing some serious manning issues. It's mutually beneficial as most are pushing into early CY15 to facilitate transition to AFRC/ANG jobs. Not to mention the tax benefits...

Called TFSC to get the most up to date info. The customer service rep contacted the separations office who said they are processing these apps slower than expected. We should hear at the end of July to early August.

Not what I wanted to hear, but also not surprised. Hopefully they are being conservative in their estimations, but I think that's doubtful.

I've searched around to see if anyone has already said this. Has anyone else heard the rumor that for the most part the MAF functionals won't be releasing pilots for staff jobs?

So neither the CAF or the MAF have enough guys to release dudes for staff?

Break out your blues for Mondays, sign back up for those masters classes you dropped, and pack away those morale patches.... boys, the shoes clerks are all that's left.

-BUSTED

Break out your blues for Mondays, sign back up for those masters classes you dropped, and pack away those morale patches.... boys, the shoes clerks are all that's left.

-BUSTED

Except that it was a flyer that enacted/encouraged all that shit.

-BUSTED

Another silly baseops unsubstantiated rumor. Creech the mother of all black holes released 3 to staff this cycle and plenty of others to various assignments Edited by spaw2001

The PSDM 14-144 says: " officers should not enter into any irrevocable commitments until they received approval of their request."

I guess it's how you interpret that line, because the next sentence discusses finding employment and relocating families. So that could include agreeing to another ADSC.

Hopefully they get working a bit quicker and we find out sometime this month and it won't be an issue for you.

Can we still transfer GI benefits while having a VSP app in? I know it's a no-go once approved for VSP but what about our current limbo status?

I would not. Part of the point of VSP is to waive ADSCs. They are processing your app based on your current ADSCs, which determine where you are in the pecking order. If you add an ADSC at this point you run the risk of one of the following:

1. You are already approved but you havent recieved word. Adding an ADSC effectively nullifies your package at this point.

2. You package isnt approved, but adding more ADSC time bumps you below the cut line.

Maybe if you can talk to someone in the separations branch at AFPC you could find out the unknowns and make and informed decision, but I think based on both RIF threads here at BODN that seems unlikely.

Based on my personal experience transferring GI Bill benefits right before applying for TERA, I would NOT recommend doing it if you are putting in for VSP.

I did the transfer one day before applying for TERA because it was listed as being fully waived if approved. Of course there was no mention that they would use ADSC as a discriminator when deciding who was approved. Ended up being ranked 7 of 8 in my yr group/AFSC because of it. Fortunately I got lucky and was accidentally approved due to their own incompetence, so it worked out in my favor. Had I known this beforehand, probably wouldn't have done the transfer, as I had just completed my ADSC for the bonus that same month and had no other ADSCs. Probably would have gotten TERA anyway after being passed over 2x this month.

Of course, it may or not make a difference with this round, but we would never know since they don't really publish how exactly they're making these decisions.

Anyone know when the VSP money will pay out of FY15 guys? If the "out date" is 31 Dec, what are the chances of getting paid 1 Jan or later? The one day difference could be a HUGE deal financially.

100% chance.

100% chance.

So I figured if you had a separation date of 31 Dec and start terminal in early December, you would receive your VSP payment with EOM pay in December. Am I completely wrong in that? In the long shot that I'm approved, I was hoping to get an extension in order to push the payment into the next tax year, but if that's going to happen anyway I think I would rethink that.

Our finance reps have been telling our FY14 VSP winners that payments are behind and it could be 30 days after their DOS before they see their money. Not bad for a potential tax situation, but sucks for those that need to live off that money (rent, food, healthcare, etc).

So I figured if you had a separation date of 31 Dec and start terminal in early December, you would receive your VSP payment with EOM pay in December. Am I completely wrong in that? In the long shot that I'm approved, I was hoping to get an extension in order to push the payment into the next tax year, but if that's going to happen anyway I think I would rethink that.

At the finance brief they said you would receive two separate payments. 1 your final paycheck and 2 the vsp money. Nlt 45 days after separation date

Our finance reps have been telling our FY14 VSP winners that payments are behind and it could be 30 days after their DOS before they see their money. Not bad for a potential tax situation, but sucks for those that need to live off that money (rent, food, healthcare, etc).

If you absolutely have to have the money immediately perhaps you weren't in the best position to VSP in the first place.

• Upvote 2

If you absolutely have to have the money immediately perhaps you weren't in the best position to VSP in the first place.

Haha. Don't worry about me. I'm fine. Just speaking about the numerous types of other people out there that are eligible. They might find it tough if they are expecting that money on their DOS.

Has anyone heard any other new rumors about announcement dates? My CC is very out if the loop and TFSC gives different answers to different people.