FY 15 Force Management Program (RIF, VSP, TERA)

Ok gents, sorry if I'm late on this, or if it's already been answered, but I finally had access to a computer and was able to do my research for those of us who were wondering about which matrix guides voluntary applications...

According to PSDM 14-44, the guidance on FY15 VSP, says "The eligibility matrices are available at the FY14/15 Force Management Program page"… The matrix on mypers that are officially labelled as "FY14/15 Officer Voluntary Program Eligibility Matrix" is the red/blue one. So for FY15 VSP it appears that is the matrix which guides eligibility…but obviously, their guidance has been wrong before.

BUT, on the updated PSDM 13-65 regarding TIG, LADSC, FY14/15 PC, or 10-8 the only references to any matrix is still labelled as "FY14 Officer Voluntary Program Eligibility"…so, needless to say it appears they eff'd the goat again and didn't update 13-65 completely, but I'm leaning towards the red/blue matrix being the eligibility guidance on this as well.

But it still begs the question, why is there a FY15 RIF eligibility matrix that differs from the voluntary eligibility matrix. In my mind, an overage matrix (RIF eligibility) implies eligibility to separate voluntarily, and vice-versa…but the matrices indicate that eligibility for volunteer programs doesn't necessarily imply overage/eligibility for RIF...perhaps they're letting people go early in anticipation of future cuts?

Thoroughly confused, but hoping to be able to sneak through the cracks.

Bottom line is that eligibility to be forced out does not equal eligibility to ask to be released. Now, if you are eligible to be RIF'd, you have to be eligible to voluntary separate (whether VSP, TERA, or something else). I could be wrong about that, but I'm pretty sure that's the case.

However, there are certain folks that are ineligible to be RIF'd that shouldn't necessarily be prohibited from voluntary separation. The most obvious case is 2004-2005 folks (I think)...they can't be forced out because they have line numbers or are within one year of pin on. But for future manning, we need to allow the ones that want to go, go.

I haven't looked closely at the two spreadsheets, but other than that they should match pretty closely. The bottom line is that the only reason someone should complain is if they are eligible for RIF but not eligible for VSP/TERA/etc, but hopefully there are no cases of that.

So, anyone with any insight on if 06' 11Ms are eligible for FY15 VSP or if more guidance will be released? Like a couple of posts above, it seems ridiculous that you would be eliminated from the RIF but then still allowed to apply for VSP. I think that the "FY14/15 VSP" eligibility matrix just sucks and they are probably screwing up.

Anyone know much about the FY14/FY15 LADSC waiver program? As I read through it seems like it's basically just VSP without the payout…anyone heard of people getting denied VSP but getting LADSC afterwards? Seems like they'd prefer this since they can get rid of people without paying them a RIF payment or VSP payment… Just curious in case VSP falls out and can't get a Guard gig lined up...

For the "Air Force Reserve Commission" part...does this really matter if we have completed our MOS?

I am planning to try to get a reserve gig after VSP but I don't want to select "I request that I be given an Air Force Reserve Commission" if it's gonna cause another service obligations.

Any insights?

Posted from the NEW Baseops.net App!

you guys get caught up in the details too much. It doesn't matter what box you check, or what your sq/cc, wg/cc say. Mine both said disapprove and I got approved. Good or bad, I believe its as simple as your afsc/year group. Good luck to all who want to be paroled!

For the "Air Force Reserve Commission" part...does this really matter if we have completed our MOS?

I am planning to try to get a reserve gig after VSP but I don't want to select "I request that I be given an Air Force Reserve Commission" if it's gonna cause another service obligations.

Any insights?

As far as I know, the only "commitment" is the IRR time associated with the SOU you need to sign.

you guys get caught up in the details too much. It doesn't matter what box you check, or what your sq/cc, wg/cc say. Mine both said disapprove and I got approved. Good or bad, I believe its as simple as your afsc/year group. Good luck to all who want to be paroled!

This. Get your application in ASAP for your leadership to sign off on, deadlines coming.

Any insights?

When I applied to separate and go guard, I didn't have a MOS and checked "I request that I be given an Air Force Reserve Commission", but on final separation approval they didn't give me one. Didn't cause me any issues.

Now the ISR not flagging my records as going ANG and letting them go into AFRC purgatory, that caused about 2 months of pain to get fixed.

This whole eligibility thing is screwy, why couldn't the AF just a do away with bonuses and contract extensions. They could then offer incentive pay for those crappy deals people separate for when they are given. Or those that accept crappy deals without incentive pay will self identify as "rank chasers..." Hell if the money was right I'd consider doing a 365. *bracing for mercenary comment* you could then wipe out an entire wing of AFPC and save literally millions...

Just submitted VSP last week and it still says "Referred to wing/CC". Will this be an issue if the wing/CC doesn't submit by COB today being that today is the deadline?

Any rumors floating around about a time when we should expect to hear something?

The TFSC help desk said to give it 30 days. I would imagine that it'll be less than that considering people who closed out on 1 May found out 2-3 weeks later. I'm guessing there are less apps this go around too which should help.

This thread is a lot quieter than the last. Is there not that many people remaining that had to apply for the FY15 VSP or have we all just accepted the fact that AFPC is going to jerk us around and tell us at the last possible second that we have been approved or disapproved?

This thread is a lot quieter than the last. Is there not that many people remaining that had to apply for the FY15 VSP or have we all just accepted the fact that AFPC is going to jerk us around and tell us at the last possible second that we have been approved or disapproved?

I agree. This is much quieter than the last, and your post got me excited at first thinking someone was posting their results. I think since this round does not have any major changes and far less applicants it's all a waiting game at this point. I'm expecting to that we'll start hearing next week, but wouldn't be surprised if it's delayed based on AFPC historical trends.