FY 15 Force Management Program (RIF, VSP, TERA)

Anyone able to confirm if 2005 11M is VSP eligible this go around? Didn't see the new PSDM by the time I left work. I know this year group got slashed, but wasn't sure if there are more cuts to be made.

2005s are ineligible under the FY15 matrix, but the FY14 matrix still has 2005 11Ms still showing blue for expanded Palace Chase.

Not true. All 03 Majors are eligible. The requirement is 1yr tig by Jan 15 not the board date. We all pinned on last December.

Did they update PSDM 14-38? The 02 May dated copy required 1 yr TIG as of 1 Oct of this year.

Edit: I just checked MyPers and the current FY15 PSDM is 14-38, still dated 02 May. Anyone with less than 1 yr TIG as of the board convening date (1 Oct) is ineligible for the RIF.

Edited by FBomb

Did they update PSDM 14-38? The 02 May dated copy required 1 yr TIG as of 1 Oct of this year.

Edit: I just checked MyPers and the current FY15 PSDM is 14-38, still dated 02 May. Anyone with less than 1 yr TIG as of the board convening date (1 Oct) is ineligible for the RIF.

Yep. Anyone who pinned on after 1 Oct is ineligible for RIF.

Wow. Just wow.

Used to say "Officers with less than 1 year time in grade as of the mandatory separation date are not eligible." in the FY14 PSDM.

Now that the board got kicked to the left it says "7. Officers with less than 1 year time in grade as of the board convening date are not eligible".

Guess those of us that didn't want to roll the dice with the RIF board and volunteered to punch based on the old info were fooled by the AF. That PSDM didn't even exist before I started terminal so I never would have been able to back out if I wanted to.

Glad I got a good job right away. Christ.

2007 11M C-17 also in an RPA billet, sqdn CC recommended approval this time. SHOCKING. It's now sitting at the wing.

It's crazy to hear how long some people wait for their requests to make it to AFPC. All three of mine made it through my squadron commander and wing commander within two hours of me putting my request in.

Because they've only been captains for a year? I thought less than 6 years of service = force shaping, not VSP.

Which PSDM tells me if I'm eligible to "apply" for that?

... But seriously, I missed the cutoff by less than 30 days. Anyone know if there will be an FY15 VSP part deaux?

-BUSTED

Pure rumor, but my squadron has been told to prepare for another round of across the board cuts later in FY15. With these programs already in place they will not be able to achieve the 18K reduction they want/need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't doubt it-the second round in FY15 I believe was already mentioned by the SECAF as well. It makes sense-there are populations that were not vulnerable this time around that would be a year later. Now they need to RIF some civilians as well.

Which PSDM tells me if I'm eligible to "apply" for that?

... But seriously, I missed the cutoff by less than 30 days. Anyone know if there will be an FY15 VSP part deaux?

-BUSTED

By the very virtue of the fact that you're a 2009 guy, you've "applied" for force shaping...

I've been out of town for weeks. Can someone please tell me if I'm eligible?

2004 11S

Posted from the NEW Baseops.net App!

According to the newest VSP chart you are blue. That means you ARE eligible for that program. But who knows that numbers they need after this last showing.

For example, I am still blue as a 2005 11M for VSP, but NOT in the RIF. I know just from these BO posts that my year group got cleaned out....so the chances are low to be approved.

Anyone year of any programs that are out there in the FM structure that are waiving or reducing ADSCs (UPT specifically) for people who are ineligible or been denied the VSP? Obviously there would be no money, but you could pick your DOS that allows enough time to smoothly transition. I would have to imagine applying for Miscellaneous separation could be a strong option these days...(assuming the AF actually wants to save money).

Question for the baseops masses since its currently getting passed up AFPC as we speak:

I'm an 11U going through C-130J training and I will finish sometime in August-September time frame. 11Us in my year group don't qualify for the RIF but the 11Ms do. The latest PDSM makes me believe that the date that the AF determined who qualifies for the FY15 RIF happened in May so I wouldn't qualify for this round. With the current information that AFPC has put out is that a good assumption?

AFPC has no fucking clue what's going on. One person says one thing, and another person says something completely different. Not to mention they have yet to update the FY14 matrix showing who's now ineligible. But apparently that takes way too long and has to be approved on so many different levels before they can do that. I hate this place.

Question for the baseops masses since its currently getting passed up AFPC as we speak:.

I'm an 11U going through C-130J training and I will finish sometime in August-September time frame. 11Us in my year group don't qualify for the RIF but the 11Ms do. The latest PDSM makes me believe that the date that the AF determined who qualifies for the FY15 RIF happened in May so I wouldn't qualify for this round. With the current information that AFPC has put out is that a good assumption?

Snuggie,

I believe that is correct. The accounting date is may 14 (can't remember the exact date), who you have as a senior rater that day determines who writes your RRF.

We ran into a similar problem writing one of our RRFs. We sent the question up for clarification. If I hear differently ill post it

Posted from the NEW Baseops.net App!

Edited by Fresh

Question for the baseops masses since its currently getting passed up AFPC as we speak:

You won't be an 11M until you PCS to your follow-on assignment. You should be safe.