Army Navy Country Club

one1

I heard that if you are within the first year of commissioning they waive the initiation fee. The initiation fee is between $1,000 and $27,000 depending on rank. A Lt can expect to pay a one time fee of $1,000 and monthly dues. They have 54 holes of golf and from what I have read, an Army Navy Country Club membership will also allow you to golf at other country clubs around the country and some places overseas. I saw the list of reciprocal clubs and they had some good golf courses on the list.

Edited by one1

Slightly off topic, but active duty military from any branch can join the Marines' Memorial Club in downtown San Francisco for free. They have reciprocity with the Army Navy Club and other clubs around the world. I think the Army Navy Country Club is a different entity though, and they don't have an agreement with the Marines' Memorial Club.

Anyway, the Marines' Memorial Club has a very nice and very reasonably priced hotel. It's basically half of what you would normally pay in San Fran. There's also a free happy hour on the top floor every early evening.

Nice facility. Been to a few functions there.

Have you been since they opened the new club house? I got some numbers today about membership cost. Initiation fees are reasonable. I would consider dues a little high for those over 36 y/o, but then again I am used to a different market. They are probably pretty reasonable given the area.

I will likely be joining if I PCS to the area, still negotiating orders - I think it will be hard to beat given location and relative cost. I think I will need some sponsors though so if anyone knows any full time local members hit me up.

Edited by ForgotPassword

Anyway, the Marines' Memorial Club has a very nice and very reasonably priced hotel. It's basically half of what you would normally pay in San Fran. There's also a free happy hour on the top floor every early evening.

Stop telling people about this - you want the place to be booked up when you're in SF? And don't tell them how each floor is like it's own amazing museum of Marine and military memorabilia and it has a whole museum & library and a free brunch either. Geez…