Let's bitch about the BX here!

My Dad (Air Guard Technician Crew Chief for about 30 years) was at the Maxwell BX about 15 years ago when this LTC came up to him and said something to him about his hair. He said something like "you are about as close as I would let someone go without saying something about needing a haircut.' My Dad said (and he was serious) "Well I guess it's a good thing I got it cut yesterday"

• Upvote 10

While I was at SOS there were MTIs posted outside the doors to the BX stopping every flight suit for having an open leg pocket with no hat and writing their name down.

I just bought a second hat.

It was funny hearing some non-flight suit wearers complain about how we weren't in regs and needed to zip our zippers, only to be told a few days later that they needed to button both buttons in their ABU cargo pockets. They didn't think it was so funny to be on the other end of a silly rule.

While I was at SOS there were MTIs posted outside the doors to the BX stopping every flight suit for having an open leg pocket with no hat and writing their name down.

Ho Lee Fuk. Did they put check marks by their name for multiple infractions?

And that's when everyone's nametag should have read something along the lines of Hugh G. Rection, Mike Hawk or Barry McKochener.

• Upvote 2

And that's when everyone's nametag should have read something along the lines of Hugh G. Rection, Mike Hawk or Barry McKochener.

I've used the same XC/TDY nametag since I was a LT. It's the callsign/last name of my, now OG/CC...when I first got it he was my DO, then SQ/CC. I think he's taken and destroyed 2 of them....I bought 5.

Doug Masters or Burt Reynolds. Classic.

Both great dudes!

Edited by SocialD
  • Upvote 2

I just bought a second hat.

It was funny hearing some non-flight suit wearers complain about how we weren't in regs and needed to zip our zippers, only to be told a few days later that they needed to button both buttons in their ABU cargo pockets. They didn't think it was so funny to be on the other end of a silly rule.

I also had a pocket hat.

• 2 weeks later...