Upcoming Boards

On 8/4/2021 at 7:08 PM, GPGR said:

Congrats! If you don’t mind my asking, what did your package look like?

I am kind of a unique case. Prior active duty AF, former Hawaii Air National Guard Member (I relocated to DC this year after spending a couple years in the HIANG). In my cover letter I wrote about the unit, the people and why I enjoyed being apart of the HIANG. I also had a small section that talked about my accomplishments, to include: 4.0 GPA graduate from ERAU (I graduated from the campus in Hawaii), Airman of the Year, SrA BTZ, PPL from Kalaeloa (airport near the base) other work related awards/achievements. My ties to the area/Wing are what got me the interview (I think). Interview went great, but not well enough if I don't get selected lol.

PSCM: 82 (94 with max hours), AFOQT Pilot score: 91 (the rest were not great like 50's). I'm also halfway through my masters which was brought up in my interview.

On 8/30/2021 at 11:38 AM, 2002WS6 said:

Has anyone been able to get an answer back from the 157th FS on visiting in Sept./Oct.?

Negative. You ever find out anything regarding the weekend of Sept 11? I saw their HPCON status states no visitors. Normally I would just call the Ops desk but the application specifically mentioned to only contact the POC via email. I submitted my app two days ago and haven't heard anything yet (I'm sure they got a ton of apps the last couple of days though, so understandable). Also noticed that the Oct weekend they originally had listed on Bogidope and on their website were different (Oct 9 vs Oct 2).

20 hours ago, Burt said:

Negative. You ever find out anything regarding the weekend of Sept 11? I saw their HPCON status states no visitors. Normally I would just call the Ops desk but the application specifically mentioned to only contact the POC via email. I submitted my app two days ago and haven't heard anything yet (I'm sure they got a ton of apps the last couple of days though, so understandable). Also noticed that the Oct weekend they originally had listed on Bogidope and on their website were different (Oct 9 vs Oct 2).

Drill weekends for the unit are 9/11-9/12 and 10/2-10/3. As of now, they're still open for visitors those weekends.

11 hours ago, NotApilot said:

Headed to interview with the 130th RQS tomorrow at Moffett, good luck anyone else coming 👍

Congrats on the interview! I sent my application late because I had no idea they were hiring. Are you Civ? Prior? Heard rumors they tend to hire from within. 

• Like 1

On 9/14/2021 at 4:12 PM, newtrad said:

Dang, how did I miss that the 130th was hiring! I talked to an enlisted recruiter about 2 months ago and he had no idea when they were going to be hiring next, and there's no sign of them on Bodidope or usajobs.gov...

Always try to talk to an officer recruiter although that might not exist there. Yeah word on the street is many units do not publicly list their boards, I know the 144th FW only listed on their mil page.

On 9/18/2021 at 5:31 PM, Sendit_driver said:

Always try to talk to an officer recruiter although that might not exist there. Yeah word on the street is many units do not publicly list their boards, I know the 144th FW only listed on their mil page.

Yeah, lesson learned– gotta fight a little bit to talk to someone who is more in-the-know, I guess.