Upcoming Boards

6 hours ago, cheraypaja said:

Anyone hear back one way or another from the 171st yet?

Nothing yet on my end!

They said it’d be about 2 weeks after submission that we’d hear back, and my initial assumption was that’d we’d start getting word one way or the other this coming work week…so, hopefully we’ll all get some good news this coming week!

• Like 1

On 4/23/2022 at 10:11 AM, cheraypaja said:

Anyone hear back one way or another from the 171st yet?

No word yet from 171st. Anybody hear anything from the 121st? I assume if not, invites were already sent out since their planned first round of interviews is in 2 weeks. Any word from 77th ARS out of NC?

1 hour ago, MeekTiger0824 said:

No word yet from 171st. Anybody hear anything from the 121st? I assume if not, invites were already sent out since their planned first round of interviews is in 2 weeks. Any word from 77th ARS out of NC?

I have nothing from the 121st dude. The hill I have chosen to die on is fighters or take my ball and go home, so I am nervously waiting as well. 

What's up y'all! Still no word on my end from the 171st ARW, 121st FS, or the 77th ARS.

Definitely would seem it's down to the wire for the 121st, giving their stated timing...still hanging onto the positive vibes and potential!

Hopefully we can all hear something soon from the 171st ARW and/or 77th ARS. My guess was that this would be the first week we'd hear anything from the 171st ARW, and didn't really have a feel for the 77th ARS, tbh. So, potentially still relatively early in the process for those, so keep looking at that glass half full.

Best of luck y'all!

18 minutes ago, GreenArc said:

TBNT received from the 171st--best of luck to those who may have gotten an interview!

I also got the TBNT from them. Sorry man, it sounded like you visited the squadron and liked them a lot. I have my hopes on the 77th because they're my home state.

25 minutes ago, MeekTiger0824 said:

I also got the TBNT from them. Sorry man, it sounded like you visited the squadron and liked them a lot. I have my hopes on the 77th because they're my home state.

Yeah man, it was a great visit, but maybe this is a hint that I may need to think on how I present/interact at them; gotta learn and grow!

And I'm also a few years past the 33 year-old mark with a PPL in progress, but not done yet (should be done next month--just need to wrap my solo XC hours next week and then schedule my check ride!), but still--those are two big knocks on me right out of the gate.

But, two of those things noted above are fixable, and while the age may not be, I know from personal experience there are units willing to bring on old dawgs like myself! So, just trying to stay positive, visiting everywhere I can, applying everywhere I can, and I've got faith that the good Lord will place me where I'm supposed to be...

...and I believe the same for y'all, too! Hang in there--hope we can all share some good news here soon!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

23 hours ago, GreenArc said:

Yeah man, it was a great visit, but maybe this is a hint that I may need to think on how I present/interact at them; gotta learn and grow!

And I'm also a few years past the 33 year-old mark with a PPL in progress, but not done yet (should be done next month--just need to wrap my solo XC hours next week and then schedule my check ride!), but still--those are two big knocks on me right out of the gate.

But, two of those things noted above are fixable, and while the age may not be, I know from personal experience there are units willing to bring on old dawgs like myself! So, just trying to stay positive, visiting everywhere I can, applying everywhere I can, and I've got faith that the good Lord will place me where I'm supposed to be...

...and I believe the same for y'all, too! Hang in there--hope we can all share some good news here soon!

I saw the most recent list of selectees for the AFRC board.  There are ALOT of ETPs (they mark each person with an age limit waiver with asterisk) and I even saw one for a fighter squadron.  They are rare but do happen if you have good rapport with the squadron.  

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

5 hours ago, tarheelaviator said:

I saw the most recent list of selectees for the AFRC board.  There are ALOT of ETPs (they mark each person with an age limit waiver with asterisk) and I even saw one for a fighter squadron.  They are rare but do happen if you have good rapport with the squadron.  

No doubt brother—I appreciate the insight and encouragement a lot! Definitely great to hear, and I’m certainly not letting the age factor keep me from pursuing the dream!

Doing a lot of rushing this spring and summer, so hopefully building some great, genuine connections to build on.

Thanks again for the intel and encouragement!

15 hours ago, red said:

anyone hear from the 194th yet?

Yes, I heard from them on Sunday although I'm not sure if that was the day they notified everyone or not. Good luck to those invited, and if not keep pressing!

Unsure on the 77th, didn't apply there.

1 hour ago, 2002WS6 said:

Yes, I heard from them on Sunday although I'm not sure if that was the day they notified everyone or not. Good luck to those invited, and if not keep pressing!

Unsure on the 77th, didn't apply there.

Nice, assuming I’ll get a TBNT soon. Good luck to all those with an interview!

On 5/5/2022 at 8:51 PM, hockeydork said:

Does anybody know when Florida's meet and greet is? I cannot find the original job posting anymore. 

Which one is this for? The 93rd? That's the only FL one I see on Bogidope, but looks like they recently updated their website so maybe I'm missing something.

Also what is everyone's experiences with meet and greets? I'm getting the sense they don't boost chances of getting an interview dramatically. I'm hearing stories of guys who went to the meet and greets and didn't get invites. Just trying to figure if it's worth it to fly across the country and burn some vacation days to visit vs using that money to get more flight time.

Also anybody hear back from the 77th?

49 minutes ago, MeekTiger0824 said:

Which one is this for? The 93rd? That's the only FL one I see on Bogidope, but looks like they recently updated their website so maybe I'm missing something.

Also what is everyone's experiences with meet and greets? I'm getting the sense they don't boost chances of getting an interview dramatically. I'm hearing stories of guys who went to the meet and greets and didn't get invites. Just trying to figure if it's worth it to fly across the country and burn some vacation days to visit vs using that money to get more flight time.

The advice I’ve heard from pilots at meet-and-greets is that it won’t necessarily win you an interview, but you can certainly lose one there (be respectful to everyone you meet, don’t get blackout drunk, etc.). Also, you go not necessarily just to try and leave an impression but also to get a feel for if the unit fits what *you’re* looking for. I’ve heard from multiple squadrons I’ve visited that you’re feeling them out while there, too.

My 2 cents? If you’ve got the time and funds, and especially if it’s a squadron you’re really high on, go. Simply passing the bro check and having folks instantly put a face/convo with name can only help!

And nothing from the 77th here yet…hopefully we’ll all get some good news soon, though!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MeekTiger0824 said:

Yea it's this weekend, shoot me a PM if you go. 

As to meet and greets, I have been to one that was a couple pilots and people and was pretty relax, another was a couple pilots mobbed by like 100 people in the squadron bar. I suck at this process so YMMV, but I wouldn't count on going being a determining factor for getting an interview, but could def lose one as stated.  

Understand the frustration in whether to use the money on flying vs feeling like you're burning it aimlessly. I took the path of making myself a a civilian pilot first, at the cost of visiting units, it made the most sense for my situation. Others spend the money visiting units and get hired, assuming some spend the money visiting and come up with nothing. If you're young maybe do a little of both, carpool, find someone on here to share a room with/rental car etc. I'd offer to share a room this weekend but I'm bringing the old lady. If you go and need a ride let me know

Rushing single-handedly is the most important factor. Without question.

However, simply attending isn’t what makes it important. The ability to mesh with the culture and building a good relationship/reputation with the squadron at the meet and greets is the difference maker. That is the #1 most important factor of any candidate.

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app