Upcoming Boards

18 hours ago, MeekTiger0824 said:

For those with experience being an older applicant or hiring a finalist needing an age waiver-

I'm seeing 3 types of age limits on UPT postings:

1. 33 (some listing 30)

2. 33- Age Waivers case by case

3. 33- No Age Waivers

For squadrons that listed 1 or 2, do you think it's worth it to fly out to their meet and greet or is it a hard rule? What if I was invited even though I'm over the age limit, should I say something?

The reason I ask is because a squadron I interviewed with last year said they'll interview me for 2023 board and if chosen they'll push the paperwork for an age waiver.  I remember last year they listed an age limit (I applied when I was below the age limit) which got me wondering how strict is the age limit?

Also, should I be up front and list it on my resume and mention it at meet and greets? My mentor who is in a heavy squadron told me to NEVER mention it on my resume and if they want to find out my age they will figure it out. I had a bad experience doing this, I was chosen to interview for a slot and when they asked my age, I saw a few jaws dropped and they all scribbled furiously notes and I knew immediately I was out of consideration because of it.

TIA

Agree with the first two replies to this. I’m on the older end as well and was recently hired by a guard fighter unit. What I’ll add is to check out the AFMAN 36-2100. It very clearly explains the age limit and the ETP process. Getting gouge from unit hiring sites is good but going to the source can provide more clarity.  

Understanding the policy and the reference that the policy is found in does two things, first it helps you speak intelligently in an interview to how your age can be an asset and it also shows units that you’ve done your homework and are willing to put in the work to help the unit with the ETP to the max extent you can. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

CSO opportunity w/ Georgia ANG, Robins AFB. Multiple slots may be offered with AGR a possibility post training. More details attached and feel free to PM with questions. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The 116th Air Control Wing will be holding a line officer commissioning board during May UTA for those seeking a commission as a Combat Systems Officer (CSO). Please utilize the attachment for guidance on your officer packages.

Our 116 ACW Base and Education office's next AFOQT testing will be conducted on 6 February and 3 April. 

AFOQT Testing:  Robins AFB Education Office: 78fss.fsde.testingservices@us.af.mil or (478)327-3884, Option 4 to inquire about their schedule.

Dobbins ARB, Moody AFB and Maxwell AFB are other options.   

**AFOQT test must be taken and results in your application to be considered**

Dates/Timeline:

10 April 2023: Package Submittal deadline

May 2023 : Board Interviews

ACW 23-1 -116_CSO Commissioning Announcement.pdf

On 2/5/2023 at 3:08 PM, Accountname said:

Negative. I’m in a group chat with ~10 people who rushed there a couple weeks ago and none of them have heard anything either.

Dude.. crazy. They are usually right on time. There is still hope! I’ll report if I hear anything. 

• Like 1

On 2/5/2023 at 3:08 PM, Accountname said:

Negative. I’m in a group chat with ~10 people who rushed there a couple weeks ago and none of them have heard anything either.

How was the rush!? I’m learning some are not worth the trip

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Nova1976 said:

Does anyone know if there is another place or platform where applicants are sharing gouge/info? This thread has been ghost-town lately  

Bogidope has a bootcamp thing that brought a bunch of people together in a forum on their website and a whatsapp chat I think. Otherwise I've mostly been talking to people I've met at rushes/visits. Still monitor this thread once in a while but like you said not much going on here...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, red said:

Yeah was there a couple weeks ago, you?

Nah I applied but couldn't make it across the country to rush. I haven't heard anything from them so wondering if they were being more communicative with people that rushed and I'm just being ghosted or if I may still have a chance at an interview. Was it a generic mass email type TBNT or more personal?

2 hours ago, Tomahawk said:

Nah I applied but couldn't make it across the country to rush. I haven't heard anything from them so wondering if they were being more communicative with people that rushed and I'm just being ghosted or if I may still have a chance at an interview. Was it a generic mass email type TBNT or more personal?

In years past they kind of only informed people who were close to getting an interview - or rushed. 

totally get the issues going cross country to rush, I wanted to go to the Vermont one then I looked at the costs of flights 😬

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, red said:

In years past they kind of only informed people who were close to getting an interview - or rushed. 

totally get the issues going cross country to rush, I wanted to go to the Vermont one then I looked at the costs of flights 😬

Gotcha, makes sense. And yeah it's tough, I've been rushing all over the place east of the Mississippi which is hard enough with costs as it is, let alone going to all the units much further away too.

3 hours ago, Tomahawk said:

I also got a TBNT yesterday, interview invites went out on the 7th. Best of luck, onto the next one.

• Like 2