Upcoming Boards

1 hour ago, cheraypaja said:

Got a call from the POC today, they are doing phone screenings right now, they had a PCSM score cutoff (didn't say what) to whittle the numbers down and they are sending final interview invites next week. 2 slots open and they only plan on inviting a small handful to interview

Right on—thank you for the intel and congrats on taking a step forward there!

Hopefully they haven’t finished phone screens yet, so we’ll see what the rest of the week brings.

Best of luck!

On 8/17/2022 at 2:12 PM, Peachy said:

Has anyone heard back from the 109th AS? I thought I’d ask around before bugging their POC. 

I'd give them another week since that application window just closed on the 14th. I did get a message back from their personnel staff acknowledging that my stuff was received but that was it. I'd be curious to know how many people even know they were hiring since they only have a 1 month window and don't really advertise it anywhere. They were solid communicators last time I applied, so I imagine even if you don't get an interview, they'll let you know as much.

1 hour ago, WxNonner said:

I'd give them another week since that application window just closed on the 14th. I did get a message back from their personnel staff acknowledging that my stuff was received but that was it. I'd be curious to know how many people even know they were hiring since they only have a 1 month window and don't really advertise it anywhere. They were solid communicators last time I applied, so I imagine even if you don't get an interview, they'll let you know as much.

Are you referring to the 109th Airlift Squadron or 109th Airlift Wing?

Just now, WxNonner said:

Sheesh... the wing. My mistake. Not the first time I've made it either. Good catch, and good luck with your application!

No worries! I didn’t know that Wing just had a hiring board, their mission is awesome!! Good luck to you as well!

• Like 1

TBNT from Duluth. They even said that due to the amount of apps (~135) they aren’t able to give out feedback. Is there anyone here that got an interview? I’d love to compare packages if you’d be willing.

Quite honestly this one was pretty f*cking brutal as this is my #1 unit and I’m fairly local. I want to dedicate my life to this and set up roots there, have great experience and made great scores. Really just have worked my ass off over the years to build a package and then not being able to even get any feedback just flat out sucks. But as all of you guys know, thats how it goes and you just need to push forward.

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app

1 minute ago, fritz51 said:

TBNT from Duluth. They even said that due to the amount of apps (~135) they aren’t able to give out feedback. Is there anyone here that got an interview? I’d love to compare packages if you’d be willing.

Quite honestly this one was pretty f*cking brutal as this is my #1 unit and I’m fairly local. I want to dedicate my life to this and set up roots there, have great experience and made great scores. Really just have worked my ass off over the years to build a package and then not being able to even get any feedback just flat out sucks. But as all of you guys know, thats how it goes and you just need to push forward.

I’ve applied to Duluth multiple times, same result.

TBTN from Duluth as well. I had what I felt was a really, really solid quote I was going to throw into an interview from Michelle MacKay--Duluth's very own favorite tutor from D2: The Mighty Ducks--primed and ready to go, too. 

But in all seriousness, I get it: it always sucks to get a TBTN, but hey, we're still the fight y'all! Keep grinding fellas, it's gonna pay off. All the best to each of you!

2 hours ago, fritz51 said:

This post hit hard. Not because I applied and got a TBNT ( I must have missed that one) but because of the geographical piece. IMO regardless of airframe, mission, etc..  it increases the appeal of the unit if it isn't far/doesn't require a long term complete life change (~6 Hours). Currently I drive 4 to a unit in the army guard and it is worth it because of the people and what we do. I have a friend who pays to fly to drill monthly(TX-> GA) and needless to say, it isn't cost effective. IDK why I'm on tangent at the moment, but as you said, push forward. stick with it. if you're fairly local, it wouldn't hurt to start developing relations.

When I started my process  in June, I did what a lot of corporate recruiters do - started looking for pilots in the air guard/reserves on linkedin... mostly for advice or guidance, but I've found that most people are super willing to talk and help however hey can (likely because they've been in our shoes).

The way I see it, it'll allow you to grow your network, maybe make new friends, give you a reason to grab a beer, new support line, have an internal member to recognize and vet you, and from a business perspective, WORST case, maybe someone who is willing to look at your packet or write a LOR (because we can always use more of those right?).

5 hours ago, fritz51 said:

Sorry to hear that, you just got to keep applying and don't take it personally. They received over a hundred apps, so it's just competitive. When I was visiting a squadron, I asked what were things they looked for and one guy said most of the time it's razor thin, everybody has good scores, experience...etc they could pick a different group apps to interview depending on the day or mood. It's tough with the internet becaue they're casting a wide net, back in the day you'll just grab a drink and hang out with them and they'll think "MeekTiger is a cool cat, let's make him a pilot...etc"

Also, update for the 327th, I received a phone screening, they're calling whoever made their score cutoffs, but they received well over 100 apps and only plan to invite a few for interviews since the board date is close and they don't want to waste people's time and money bringing in a bunch of people to interview. They expect to send interview invites this week.

Edited by MeekTiger0824
  • Upvote 1

The 122FS is expecting to have a UPT board in the spring of 2023, with squadron visits/rush events starting back up November drill 2022.

These rush events involve visiting the squadron Friday/Saturday and a social event on the town Saturday afternoon. They are by invite and require a completed/qualifying application to attend. Invites will be sent out about a month out to allow time to plan travel. 

Requirements for a completed application are below. In addition to that please fill out the one page powerpoint document that is attached (this helps us put names to faces during visits). Submit this powerpoint as a separate document to your application.

Your application should include the following items, in order, in a SINGLE PDF file:

1.     Cover letter addressed to the 122FS Hiring Board stating the position you are interested in interviewing for and outlining your qualifications.

2.     Printout of your AFOQT and PCSM Scores from the official website.

3.     Resume to include civilian, military, and sports experience (Please make this as comprehensive as possible on a single page, it will be heavily weighted.)

4.     Transcript Summary from an accredited 4-year or higher degree.

5.     Minimum of 3 letters of recommendation. Address to: UPT Selection Board

6.     If prior service, your last two EPR/OPRs. Redact any sensitive info like SSN.

7.    A current photo and date of birth.

Submit this information as well as any questions you may have to 122fspilothiring@gmail.com

Good luck!

Last,First,2023UPT.pptx

• Like 5

20 hours ago, jrb315 said:

Anyone hear anything from NYANG 109AW? deadline was mid august, still haven't heard anything. 

I emailed the person who collected their apps a couple days ago and they said they are still reviewing them and would hopefully send out interview invites shortly.

59 minutes ago, MeekTiger0824 said:

I didn't realize they had a board! Was it on Bogidope?? 

Checking bogidope and milrecruiter is part of my morning routine, so I don’t think so. To be honest, I’m a little disappointed too, because I called and talked to someone at the 109AW for about 30 minutes or so less than a year ago, and they said they’d email me the next time they had a UPT board.

To be fair, the person I spoke to also heavily implied that they’re really big on hiring internally, more so than the average guard squadron (according to them), so I’m also not too surprised at 109AW not advertising their board very widely.

Edited by UrMomsFav20x102mmRound
  • Like 1