Upcoming Boards

Just now, ecc97 said:

Do you know if they sent everything out?  I haven't heard anything yet.

I don’t know. I just saw the webpage said invites would be out no later than EOD today. So I expected an invite or to get ghosted lol

2 hours ago, SquidBilly said:

Pretty standard for most AFRC/Guard fighter squadrons. No other feedback or was that just the easy cut? Any ties to there?

I agree, no that wasn't the easy cut unless they weren't fully honest? Idk.

Only thing I left out was flying hours. But basically they said they had to elevate the minimums to weed out applicants to make interview selection. 

So it sounds to me like scores come first but whole person concept comes second. Only other tidbit was that if I had flight hours/a more competitive pcsm I'd be a very competitive candidate so at least I know what to work on and at least these are things I and all of you can impact for the most part (which is good). 

No ties to Wisconsin whatsoever, total rando. Hardly any ties to ang/afrc as a whole. 

2 hours ago, foxen said:

Only thing I left out was flying hours. But basically they said they had to elevate the minimums to weed out applicants to make interview selection. 

So it sounds to me like scores come first but whole person concept comes second. Only other tidbit was that if I had flight hours/a more competitive pcsm I'd be a very competitive candidate so at least I know what to work on and at least these are things I and all of you can impact for the most part (which is good). 

No ties to Wisconsin whatsoever, total rando. Hardly any ties to ang/afrc as a whole. 

Gotchya. Without looking at your app it's hard to say. 

First recommendation would be to do Bogidope applicaiton/interview prep or review apps of those who have interviewed/selectees.

With the 115th, there last boards trends had some who were hired without PPL and low hours (40s) and higher was around 140. PCSM and AFOQT in your range, with no rush or ties to the area. 

They definitely look to hire from within first, but getting an interview is possible with what you presented. Keep on applying.

Edited by SquidBilly

18 hours ago, SquidBilly said:

First recommendation would be to do Bogidope applicaiton/interview prep or review apps of those who have interviewed/selectees.

With the 115th, there last boards trends had some who were hired without PPL and low hours (40s) and higher was around 140. PCSM and AFOQT in your range, with no rush or ties to the area. 

They definitely look to hire from within first, but getting an interview is possible with what you presented. Keep on applying.

I appreciate it, 

Yeah I mean they were saying 80s 90s to be competitive. 

I am 80s afoqt pilot score but I'm 50s on the pcsm (probably from never having touched a stick/rudder). 

On 8/11/2022 at 6:36 PM, foxen said:

got feedback from 115/176 TLDR - PCSM 80s/90s to be competitive

Here were my scores and I wasn’t offered an interview. 
pcsm-97 pilot-98, cso-89, abm-99,     aa-74 ver-67 quant-80

On 8/11/2022 at 11:36 AM, foxen said:

got feedback from 115/176 TLDR - PCSM 80s/90s to be competitive

On 8/11/2022 at 2:10 PM, red said:

Good luck everyone who applied!

19 hours ago, foxen said:

19 hours ago, SquidBilly said:

56 minutes ago, foxen said:

I appreciate it, 

Yeah I mean they were saying 80s 90s to be competitive. 

I am 80s afoqt pilot score but I'm 50s on the pcsm (probably from never having touched a stick/rudder). 

22 minutes ago, Avi8 said:

Here were my scores and I wasn’t offered an interview. 
pcsm-97 pilot-98, cso-89, abm-99,     aa-74 ver-67 quant-80

From the feedback I received from the 176FS, they were filling a “wash out” slot and needed someone right away.  

Obviously this is all subject to change, but sounds like they’ll have another board (open to civilian and military) late next year. 

As for test scores, obviously work to maximize your scores but I wouldn’t get  wrapped around the axle with numbers and scores. As we’ve seen from the last 176th board, they hire for a variety of reasons so every board is different and what/who they’re looking for is different every time. Keep applying and pressing on. 

On 8/10/2022 at 4:42 PM, foxen said:

Sorry to hear that man. Any feedback you wanna share with the group? Or stats?

Did manage to get a little feedback. Mostly about making the cover letter stand out more. But other than that my package was considered very competitive. Didn’t hear about stats other than there being ~200 applicants, most of which were competitive in some way or another.

edit: this feedback was for the 119FS board, sorry should have clarified

Edited by red
  • Thanks 1

On 8/19/2022 at 11:22 AM, GreenArc said:

What up y’all!

Anybody apply to the 327th AS and hear back? I know the deadline was only a week ago but figured I’d ask since the board is in 3 weeks.

Thanks for any intel!

Got a call from the POC today, they are doing phone screenings right now, they had a PCSM score cutoff (didn't say what) to whittle the numbers down and they are sending final interview invites next week. 2 slots open and they only plan on inviting a small handful to interview

• Thanks 2