Upcoming Boards

2 hours ago, cheraypaja said:

Did anyone who got selected for the 159th phone interview ever get a follow up to schedule a time? 

Yes, got emailed last Friday to setup a time. My interviewer told me to expect hearing back about in-person interviews around Aug 10th. The new timeline for the board is Sept 10-11th. Of course, all of this is subject to change. 

4 minutes ago, BL_224 said:

Yes, got emailed last Friday to setup a time. My interviewer told me to expect hearing back about in-person interviews around Aug 10th. The new timeline for the board is Sept 10-11th. Of course, all of this is subject to change. 

Gotcha thanks, yeah haven't heard anything since the initial email but sounds like they are probably just busy and running a bit behind.

27 minutes ago, cheraypaja said:

Gotcha thanks, yeah haven't heard anything since the initial email but sounds like they are probably just busy and running a bit behind.

Makes me feel a little better, I haven't been contacted to setup a time yet as well, I was starting to get nervous and didn't want to bother them in case they were just busy. 

19 minutes ago, hockeydork said:

Makes me feel a little better, I haven't been contacted to setup a time yet as well, I was starting to get nervous and didn't want to bother them in case they were just busy. 

Yeah, some insight from a guy in the squadron, each board member has about 25ish candidates to go through and call so I think they’re just making their way down a list. 

• Thanks 1

On 7/26/2022 at 9:52 PM, BL_224 said:

Yeah, some insight from a guy in the squadron, each board member has about 25ish candidates to go through and call so I think they’re just making their way down a list. 

Copy. I still haven't gotten anything as a data point for others. 

Would anybody happen to have any details on the Cheyenne C-130 open house this weekend they could share/PM me? This weekend is a bit crazy for the fam and I on the prior obligations front, but I'm trying to get specifics on timing so I can try and move some things around/cancel some stuff and try to swing this as I'd love to get out there (but also want to be sure I can swing it before reaching out to RSVP).

Thank you so much in advance to anyone who may be able to help!

1 hour ago, GreenArc said:

Would anybody happen to have any details on the Cheyenne C-130 open house this weekend they could share/PM me? This weekend is a bit crazy for the fam and I on the prior obligations front, but I'm trying to get specifics on timing so I can try and move some things around/cancel some stuff and try to swing this as I'd love to get out there (but also want to be sure I can swing it before reaching out to RSVP).

I’m in the same boat, any info would be awesome!

2 hours ago, GreenArc said:

I know it’s scheduled for 10 am Friday but that’s all I’ve got at the moment. The POC’s number is posted on their Bogidope page though and he’s been pretty responsive!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, admdelta said:

I know it’s scheduled for 10 am Friday but that’s all I’ve got at the moment. The POC’s number is posted on their Bogidope page though and he’s been pretty responsive!

Right on brother—thank you so much for the intel! I think I can swing 10AM; hope to see y’all there!

Just a heads up the 115FW/176FS is sending out confirmation emails of packet receipts. 

They said they will be getting the paper packets some time this week. No clue on response timeline though. 

Edited by foxen
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, red said:

TBNT 175th after video interview T_T

Right there with you brother. Not even going to lie: I had to take a little moment to myself after getting that email. The 175th is a great group of guys on an awesome platform, and man…yeah, just a huge, huge bummer!

But as disappointing as it was, that’s all a part of this process with so many qualified, competitive applicants, and I’m sure we’ll both land somewhere soon and be in a great situation—gotta keep that chin up, keep getting better, and keep applying! Many before us have had to have to absorb more “no’s” than they’d have liked before getting that one “yes!”, but that journey only makes that first “yes” that much sweeter. Keep focused on that!

Hang tough y’all, and all the best to you—it’s gonna work out, just stay at it!

4 minutes ago, GreenArc said:

Also, anybody hear anything back from the 176th FS or the 179th FS?

Thanks for any intel you may have!

Still on a hold pattern with the 176. I imagine they had drill this weekend and we will hear something this week.... 

Or at least I would hope so, in the event we have to make travel arrangements.... not really trying to buy a last minute plane ticket lol

Also, no clue how many people they will select for boards/slots they have available. 

Any chance y'all think they have more than one with the platform transition? 

Edited by foxen
additional content

1 hour ago, foxen said:

Damn, did they give you any feedback on why? 

what's next?

Na no feedback yet, but I did ask so maybe we will hear something!

just gotta keep applying. I just turned 29 though, so I feel the sense of urgency with so few boards for fighters the rest of the year. 

2 hours ago, red said:

Na no feedback yet, but I did ask so maybe we will hear something!

just gotta keep applying. I just turned 29 though, so I feel the sense of urgency with so few boards for fighters the rest of the year. 

Same here– TBNT after the video interview, asked for feedback and haven't had any yet. I'm 30 as well, but it's nice to at least get a hint of interest from the fighter squadrons. Good luck with the rest of them!

• Upvote 1

Annnnnnnnd 

TBNT from 176

They did offer personalized feedback though, which I think we can all agree means a lot. 

Congrats to those who got it. 

Any hints on the next fighter board? Looks like a lot of them did their boards and such in spring/summer? 

Edited by foxen