Upcoming Boards

8 hours ago, MeekTiger0824 said:

Same, it sucks, but they sent a really graceful email explaining their decision process and what they were looking for, better than the generic TBNT email.

Sorry to hear that, man. I was told in the phone interview that even if not selected we may not get a TBNT since they had so many applicants. So I think if you got one you may have been toward the top at least which means there's a strong case that with some more improvements to your packet you'd have a good shot at moving further next year/whenever their UPT apps open again.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, brabus said:

158th who?

My apologies for the lack of specificity there; the 158th Airlift Squadron out of Savannah, GAā€”C-130ā€™s! That could easily be confused with the 158th FW out of Vermont, too, Iā€™m sure and duly noted for the future.

21 minutes ago, fritz51 said:

Any word from the 114th on zoom interviews? I realize that the window for packages closed only last week but they say they're slotted for the 15/16th so I'm assuming they'll be reaching out soon...

I have not heard anythingĀ 

23 minutes ago, fritz51 said:

Any word from the 114th on zoom interviews? I realize that the window for packages closed only last week but they say they're slotted for the 15/16th so I'm assuming they'll be reaching out soon...

Nothing here

Does anyone have any insight on how the zoom initial interviews go when there are two interviews? I have only seen listings with one interview.Ā 

Edited by Avi8

On 7/5/2022 at 3:03 PM, Avi8 said:

Does anyone have any insight on how the zoom initial interviews go when there are two interviews? I have only seen listings with one interview.Ā 

Sorry brother, I can't say that I do! I've never done an initial phone/Zoom interview before, but I've figured I'd prepare for it just like I would a "final interview", if that makes sense, if I were selected for one.

Something tells me it's more of a lightweight screening to whittle things down even more for squadrons that likely see 150+ applicants, perhaps based on a few key questions and responses and maybe even personality/energy once matching a real person with the application package. But yeah, that said, I'd say prepare for it like it's for all the marbles and I'm sure you'll do great if put in that position!

And on a slightly different note...

Anybody hear anything from the 158th AS or the 175th FS this week?

Just a head's up: It looks like the 175th FS will be having the Zoom interviews be via video submission instead, with a few prescribed prompts/questions for us to answer; we should find out on July 15th if we've been selected for submission of said video.

Best of luck to all of you; hopefully we can all get some good news next week!

EDIT: Fighter SQUADRON, not Fighting WING, my sincerest apologies for any confusion there guys, and edited to correct!

Edited by GreenArc

Looks like the 115th fighter wing out of Madison has posted a UPT board! Open for current military members only though. So for anyone able to apply check it out! If you google ā€œ115th fighter wing uptā€ the posting comes up.Ā 

• Thanks 1

On 7/8/2022 at 11:47 PM, Checksix said:

Looks like the 115th fighter wing out of Madison has posted a UPT board! Open for current military members only though. So for anyone able to apply check it out! If you google ā€œ115th fighter wing uptā€ the posting comes up.Ā 

Does "current military members" mean only individuals that are currently a member of the 115th FW? Thanks

38 minutes ago, Avi8 said:

Does "current military members" mean only individuals that are currently a member of the 115th FW? Thanks

From the 115FWā€™s website:

ā€œNOTE: This board will be for CURRENT active military members ONLY.ā€

(Edit: Reading it over again, maybe ā€œactiveā€ in this context ā‰  active duty. Definitely worth emailing the POC for clarification and maybe reporting back here. I wouldnā€™t be eligible to apply however that restriction is interpreted, so Iā€™m not going to bug the POC with an email from a non-applicant.)

https://www.115fw.ang.af.mil/About/Careers/Pilot-Training/

POC is 176fs.upt@gmail.com and Iā€™m sure youā€™d get a straight answer there.

My unsolicited $0.02 below:

I agree that it does seem like a strange restriction. It sounds like it would preclude 115th FW enlisted/non-rated commissioned traditional Guard members from applying, who are often the main beneficiaries of UPT board restrictions. For example, I think the 104th FW in Mass restricted their last UPT board to members of their wing, which is easier for me understand the rationale behind.

But if it really is only open to current active duty servicemembers of any branch like it seems to be, that could be an awesome opportunity for some applicants. As someone who began applying while still on active duty, I was aware that even though my enlisted experience was (in my own subjective opinion) ā€œimpressive,ā€ it would have to be hard for board members to rack and stack me or other enlisted types in their mid-20s against, for instance, a civilian CFI in their early 20s with a more well-known alma mater and a STEM degree.

There are young CFIs and Ivy League STEM grads on active duty, of course. But not as many as there are on the civilian side. So this could definitely be a great board to stand out at, if youā€™re on active duty and have done some interesting things in your career.

Edited by UrMomsFav20x102mmRound