Upcoming Boards

93d FS World Famous Makos 2022 UPT Board MOVED UP to Aug 6-7 2022 - APPs due to 93FSMakoUPThiring@gmail.com No Later Than 6 June 2022. Send us your Champions. Good Luck!

Mako Aug 22 UPT Board Announcment_v2_Pg1.png

Mako Aug 22 UPT Board Announcment_v2_Pg2.png

• Like 1

On 5/10/2022 at 3:41 PM, hockeydork said:

I'd offer to share a room this weekend but I'm bringing the old lady. If you go and need a ride let me know

Haha thanks for the offer, but I won't be able to make it this weekend. I might take you up some other time though. Good luck this weekend! 

On 5/10/2022 at 3:41 PM, hockeydork said:

As to meet and greets, I have been to one that was a couple pilots and people and was pretty relax, another was a couple pilots mobbed by like 100 people in the squadron bar. I suck at this process so YMMV, but I wouldn't count on going being a determining factor for getting an interview, but could def lose one as stated.  

Haha I feel the same way too. My last meet and greet I felt like I was pretty quiet and out of place, esp as a civilian applicant when most other applicants were prior military. Those guys drank hard too, I felt like they wouldn't even remember me!

Anyone else here go to the JAX meet and greet? What did you think? I had a great time meeting the other candidates and some more of the pilots/their families. It made me want to join them even more than before. It feels like Christmas Eve waiting to hear back from them about an interview or not.

On 5/16/2022 at 1:51 PM, tbro96 said:

Anyone else here go to the JAX meet and greet? What did you think? I had a great time meeting the other candidates and some more of the pilots/their families. It made me want to join them even more than before. It feels like Christmas Eve waiting to hear back from them about an interview or not.

Any word yet? I’m still waiting. 

3 hours ago, GreenArc said:

Thanks for the heads up man--hoping some of us hear something for either one soon!

Yeah I'm starting to get anxious since the 77th is out of my home state. Did you apply for the 158th AS out of Georgia? I attended their meet and greet and it looks super competitive, over 60 applicants showed up and I saw close to the 100 applicants on the email list. Their timeline is to pick 8-10 for interviews in the next few weeks and interview will take place in August.

9 hours ago, MeekTiger0824 said:

Yeah I'm starting to get anxious since the 77th is out of my home state. Did you apply for the 158th AS out of Georgia? I attended their meet and greet and it looks super competitive, over 60 applicants showed up and I saw close to the 100 applicants on the email list. Their timeline is to pick 8-10 for interviews in the next few weeks and interview will take place in August.

Yeah man, I get that 100%! And I did apply to the 158th as well! And man, I HATE that I missed the meet and great, but no shock it was uber competitive. I was actually the unlucky recipient of multiple flight delays, and the only other flights that could get me to Savannah would have gotten me there after the event was over. It was tough, but the Captain I spoke with about it was super, super cool. I've always heard that C-130 guys are an awesome group, and he certainly proved that.

Best of luck to you brother--hoping we can all get some good news soon!

Edited by GreenArc

On 5/24/2022 at 8:50 PM, MeekTiger0824 said:

No word yet, I think their packages were due April 1, so almost 2 months.

77th sent out interview invites a few weeks ago, they said they were doing only a small amount of interviews. Not sure if you already heard back but figured I'd give out some gouge on it. 

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, StevenL7 said:

77th sent out interview invites a few weeks ago, they said they were doing only a small amount of interviews. Not sure if you already heard back but figured I'd give out some gouge on it. 

😞 thanks for the update. Best of luck to those who got interviews!

On 5/31/2022 at 7:28 AM, tbro96 said:

Anyone hear from Jacksonville yet? Packets were due April 15th, so I figure a month and a half would allow time to filter them out.

Still nothing...

On 6/6/2022 at 1:34 AM, Sketch said:

Anyone have SA on any upcoming B-1/B-52 Boards? Looking to go WSO specifically, thanks!

Back in January 2022 I reached out to the B-1 POC for 345th Bomb Squadron out of Dyess specifically for UPT spot and was hit with a "It'll be quite some time before we have a UPT board, good luck finding a home"

No info on WSO though, goodluck my man! 

On 5/11/2022 at 3:49 PM, MojoF16 said:

93d FS World Famous Makos 2022 UPT Board MOVED UP to Aug 6-7 2022 - APPs due to 93FSMakoUPThiring@gmail.com No Later Than 6 June 2022. Send us your Champions. Good Luck!

Mako Aug 22 UPT Board Announcment_v2_Pg1.png

Mako Aug 22 UPT Board Announcment_v2_Pg2.png

Anyone here receive an invite to the Makos open house in July yet? Or a TBNT?

Informal FaceTime “application reviews” happened about a week ago… sorry to be the bearer of (likely) bad news to anyone who’s still waiting for a response to their app.

I was told the Open House weekend would be July 8-10, in case that’s useful info for anyone.

On 6/16/2022 at 9:22 PM, UrMomsFav20x102mmRound said:

Anyone here receive an invite to the Makos open house in July yet? Or a TBNT?

TBNT from Makos.

Got an email update from 158th, they narrowed down the pool drastically. Now taking the next few weeks to review packages. 

• Thanks 1