Upcoming Boards

On 10/1/2021 at 10:51 PM, GPGR said:

Hi all! Is there another meet and greet happening? Would love to go in on a car potentially!

There is another one happening, but they're only inviting the top 75 people out of the ~200 who submitted an application last Friday due to some capacity limitations on base. They're supposed to send invites out tonight to those 75.

Thru the vine meet and greet mouth invites went out for the 120th, if someone who got one wants to confirm. I am trying to cancel all my reservations now, might have a two hundred dollar hole in my pocket for a hotel tho if someone who got an invite wants it. 

Edited by hockeydork

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The 163rd is now accepting UPT applications to fly the mighty A-10C in the great state of IN! See attached announcement for details.  Please read carefully and follow the directions as stated.  If you have any questions about the application, the A-10, or the Blacksnakes, don't hesitate to ask. 

2022 163FS Application Announcement.pdf

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I have been receiving a lot of emails asking if we will be hosting any rushing events or allowing visitations.  In order to be able to evaluate each applicant equally and without potential bias, we will not be hosting or allowing base visits during our application window. 
If selected for an interview, you will have plenty of time to get to know the Blacksnake’s.  

• Upvote 1

On 12/4/2021 at 7:05 PM, red said:

Anyone hear back about interviews for the 190th yet?

Nothing so far. Thinking that they would've notified interview selects by now, unless they miraculously extended their own deadline.

On 12/6/2021 at 10:26 PM, Rated Flyer 4 Life said:

Has anyone heard of guys/gals who were rated pilots in other airframes who then later transitioned over to a guard/reserve fighter slot? 

Yes it has happened. Definitely much lower chances though if you’re coming from a non-fighter

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, gumps said:

Nothing so far. Thinking that they would've notified interview selects by now, unless they miraculously extended their own deadline.

The posting said interview candidate announcements would come between Dec. 1st-5th. So I'm assuming we didn't get interviews.

I did try emailing them for feedback but haven't heard anything yet from that either.

TX slots are not numerous, chances of success are pretty much 100% if your transitioning from another fighter (vs. coming from a non-fighter background), and if you do TX from a non-fighter, you’re starting over as the “young, inexperienced” guy…except you’re a Maj instead of a LT/young Capt. Those are the three big hurdles. Not impossible to get past, but it’s hard, even for the greatest bros out there. 

• Upvote 1