Upcoming Boards

This might be a goofy question but hopefully I can get it answered here to avoid bothering the POC with it. For Fresno's app it says the package must be consolidated into a 'PDF file less than 5mb in size'. Anyone know if this is megabytes (MB) or megabits (Mb)? Not trying to have my app not make it through by missing a small detail like that. 

I’m pretty sure it’s megabytes.

I actually didn't notice that the 142nd Wing page said "Mb" instead of "MB". From their listing:

Send electronic packages in a PDF format not to exceed 8Mb.

My .pdf application came out to be 6.28 MB and I got an email saying they received it. I guess I'll let you know if they reject me for the file size!

20 hours ago, weekdaypilot said:

Anyone here apply to the 167th AS Hiring Board(Martinsburg WV ANG C-17 unit)? If you did apply did they send you a confirmation email that they received your application? Also I don’t know much about that squadron just went ahead and applied have any of you ever rushed that unit?

I received a confirmation email. With COVID I never had the chance to visit them.

37 minutes ago, LimaLowdown said:

megabits are rarely used to indicate storage size, and that would also be a tiny PDF file if it was only 8 megabits. I know it's important to look out for this stuff and be professional, but come on guys...

Hiring pipeline making me crazy lol cheers 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

Whats the appeal of Cheyenne? It seems like such a highly competitive unit for a location that isn't in a major metropolitan area. I'm guessing proximity to Denver? I froze my cajones off when I went up there.

Edited by CavGuy

Whats the appeal of Cheyenne? It seems like such a highly competitive unit for a location that isn't in a major metropolitan area. I'm guessing proximity to Denver? I froze my cajones off when I went up there.

I’m guessing it’s more driven by the dire nature of aviation hiring market rather than the appeal of the unit itself.
  • Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, ryleypav said:

Double check your info. I've had a recruiter tell me something cant be submitted without an approved FC1 and they were wrong, and it cost me a lot of time. 

Not sure if NGB and the reserve board works the same. But once my package gets approved by NGB is that when they issue OTS dates? If that is the case then my recruiter is sending my package to NGB now and that is prior to me getting my FC1 so it is definitely possible. However, I can see it being the other way around as well with them not wanting to issue OTS/UPT dates to someone who may not even be eligible considering their FC1 has not been done/stamped approved yet.

6 hours ago, Terminator5 said:

Yeah that's exactly along the lines of what I was thinking. @ryleypavDo you have confirmed OTS/UPT dates now prior to your FC1?

I'm in the Guard, and I actually happened to get OTS dates just before my trip to WPAFB for my FC1.  I'm honestly not exactly sure what process my recruiter/POC in my squadron went through to make that happen, but I'm still set to go to OTS while waiting for a waiver to clear FC1 at the moment.  

EDIT: clarifying I'm in the Guard, since it's likely different between Guard and Reserves

Edited by FOX3