Upcoming Boards

3 hours ago, OldVMFAT said:

If you don’t mind, when did Ft Worth hire those last guys? Info on 457th boards was a bit unclear last year. 

457th actual interview board was first week of October. Although there was video interview before hand. This year they had over 400 apps and with all the delays it was hard to keep everyone up to speed. 4 of the 6 interviewees were un-sponsored 2 mid pilot training and 2 had not started. 

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, AW91 said:

The 134th just sent out TBNT emails, I was one of the ones getting it. Best of luck and congratulations to the ones that got extended interview invitations.

Congrats to all who got an interview.

I got an interview with their last board ~2 years ago, back when my application was much worse than it is now. I’m really curious what kind of scores/hours you need now. If anybody who got an interview would be willing to post their application details it’d be greatly appreciated.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, ZR-1 said:

I got an interview with their last board ~2 years ago, back when my application was much worse than it is now. I’m really curious what kind of scores/hours you need now. If anybody who got an interview would be willing to post their application details it’d be greatly appreciated.

Heard back the other day that I was selected to interview, I have a 94 pilot, 99 nav, 61, 78, 45 for the rest. Enlisted Guard Crew Chief of 8 years on F-16’s.  My PCSM is 84 with 65.1 flight hours. Not sure how many they are interviewing, or how many applied, but I’ve been given the TBNT from Boise, Baltimore, and Tucson recently, and Atlantic City turned me down after interview despite being my home unit (not that I think I should’ve gotten it based on that). I’m as curious about VT’s standards as you are..

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

On 1/13/2021 at 3:07 PM, Checksix said:

Apologize for the silly question but how would the Air National Guard be activated in this type of situation? I have heard of it in emergency response distributing food and water, etc. However when it is more of a dangerous threat would the pilots or others in the base be trained in this type of response? 

Thanks!

I'm in the Air Guard, everyone who went down was on a voluntary basis, can't say so much for the Army guard, they were just activated and sent (at least from my state). It's really up to the governor of your state and if they declare state of emergency and to what degree. Also various states have alert sites where pilots live and sleep on rotations, and can launch at a moment's notice. This is reserved for (potential) 9/11 type instances, though I don't see why they wouldn't use it as a show of force if the situation called for it.

23 hours ago, julietecho13 said:

Heard back the other day that I was selected to interview, I have a 94 pilot, 99 nav, 61, 78, 45 for the rest. Enlisted Guard Crew Chief of 8 years on F-16’s.  My PCSM is 84 with 65.1 flight hours. Not sure how many they are interviewing, or how many applied, but I’ve been given the TBNT from Boise, Baltimore, and Tucson recently, and Atlantic City turned me down after interview despite being my home unit (not that I think I should’ve gotten it based on that). I’m as curious about VT’s standards as you are..

Congrats! I have a 99 pilot, 96 nav, 95, 79, 97 with a 99 PCSM with 1251 hours. But I have no military experience. Were you able to visit VT back in October? I'm wondering if that made the difference

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, amz129 said:

Congrats! I have a 99 pilot, 96 nav, 95, 79, 97 with a 99 PCSM with 1251 hours. But I have no military experience. Were you able to visit VT back in October? I'm wondering if that made the difference

That weekend was cancelled 24 hours prior due to a COVID outbreak in the unit. As far as I'm aware there were no in-person visitations this year.

Edited by NABO
  • Upvote 1

On 2/6/2021 at 1:42 AM, ZR-1 said:

No interview. I received a TBNT from VT this week. I have (from memory) 99/97/93/96/73 on the AFOQT, 90 PCSM (w/ the 23 hrs I had when taken) and 74ish hours now and a PPL. I am also 28 years old, which is a factor with some units.

Edited by Jester203
  • Upvote 1

On 2/6/2021 at 3:47 PM, julietecho13 said:

I disagree. AC should have hired you as a homegrown applicant. Doesn't send a good message if they don't hire their own, especially with great scores, unit experience, etc. Did they explain why they turned you down?

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, precontact said:

I disagree. AC should have hired you as a homegrown applicant. Doesn't send a good message if they don't hire their own, especially with great scores, unit experience, etc. Did they explain why they turned you down?

My home unit turned me down after an interview too. It definitely sucks (like it feels really bad on a super personal level), but at the end of the day I don’t think I was owed anything. Being home grown definitely helps in landing the interview, but once you’re in front of the board everyone is equal and you have to convince them you’re the best. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, admdelta said:

My home unit turned me down after an interview too. It definitely sucks (like it feels really bad on a super personal level), but at the end of the day I don’t think I was owed anything. Being home grown definitely helps in landing the interview, but once you’re in front of the board everyone is equal and you have to convince them you’re the best. 

Well Said. 

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, precontact said:

I wish that's how it worked! Essentially I was told that applying at 26/27 (interview was just after my birthday) that it didn't show dedication, and I should've been applying 3 or 4 years ago. The applicant pool has gotten much more competitive especially with ROTC being allowed to go straight to guard now, so I was only in the top half of applicants he said. He was a prior enlisted crew chief as well, I thought I had a good shot, but obviously not a guarantee. I was told to do some soul searching and consider active duty because at my age it'll be hard to get fighters.

14 hours ago, admdelta said:

Feels real bad man, but getting the VT interview definitely has my hopes at fighters back in the reality realm so I'm chugging on. I absolutely agree though, that they don't owe me a thing. I was given a job, a valuable trade skill, free education, and two bonuses in my enlisted career, they've given me a lot already.

• Upvote 4

19 minutes ago, julietecho13 said:

I wish that's how it worked! Essentially I was told that applying at 26/27 (interview was just after my birthday) that it didn't show dedication, and I should've been applying 3 or 4 years ago.

Ok now that’s just a bunch of trash. After all those years enlisted with them they thought you weren’t dedicated??

Best of luck with Vermont, I hope you get it so you can stick it to them. 😉

Edited by admdelta
  • Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, julietecho13 said:

I wish that's how it worked! Essentially I was told that applying at 26/27 (interview was just after my birthday) that it didn't show dedication, and I should've been applying 3 or 4 years ago. The applicant pool has gotten much more competitive especially with ROTC being allowed to go straight to guard now, so I was only in the top half of applicants he said. He was a prior enlisted crew chief as well, I thought I had a good shot, but obviously not a guarantee. I was told to do some soul searching and consider active duty because at my age it'll be hard to get fighters.

Feels real bad man, but getting the VT interview definitely has my hopes at fighters back in the reality realm so I'm chugging on. I absolutely agree though, that they don't owe me a thing. I was given a job, a valuable trade skill, free education, and two bonuses in my enlisted career, they've given me a lot already.

Who wants to live in Atlantic City anyway? (hint: no one does). Go get picked up by JAX or Portland to show em whose boss. 

• Upvote 1

I didn't get the tbnt email from VT but also haven't heard about an interview at this time. Has anyone else not found out yet?  I think someone mentioned they'd announce 15-19 Feb but it sounds like a bunch of people know already. Not sure how to read this- thanks guys!

17 hours ago, julietecho13 said:

I I was told to do some soul searching and consider active duty because at my age it'll be hard to get fighters.

Feels real bad man, but getting the VT interview definitely has my hopes at fighters back in the reality realm so I'm chugging on. 

100% this.  Just keep applying everywhere.  There are people in their 30s who have gotten picked up for fighters/bombers so their justification is nonsense.  You've still got plenty of time keep applying everywhere.  I mean applying AD simultaneously won't hurt but keep trying for the Guard/Reserve.  If active duty stuff isn't out of what you want could consider, the Navy/USMC aviation side is something you should look into as well.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, SpaceCowboy91 said:

Anyone have word on Portland 123FS F-15 Unit for interview selection?  

Also anyone know any word on next boards for Civil Pathway to Wings?

March 4th to 10th is when they will send them out for the 123rd according to the POC response when I submitted my app. No clue about the CPW board sorry.

1 hour ago, SpaceCowboy91 said:

Nice!  I submitted my packet electronically and received no response.  Hope that is the norm.

good luck

You too! It might be worth sending an email to the POC or submission email address to confirm they got it. With them hopefully hiring a primary/alternate to two squadrons I’m looking forward to four of us getting picked up! 

• Like 3

Anyone here apply to the 167th AS Hiring Board(Martinsburg WV ANG C-17 unit)? If you did apply did they send you a confirmation email that they received your application? Also I don’t know much about that squadron just went ahead and applied have any of you ever rushed that unit?

This might be a goofy question but hopefully I can get it answered here to avoid bothering the POC with it. For Fresno's app it says the package must be consolidated into a 'PDF file less than 5mb in size'. Anyone know if this is megabytes (MB) or megabits (Mb)? Not trying to have my app not make it through by missing a small detail like that.