Upcoming Boards

9 minutes ago, Jester203 said:

I took the AFOQT and TBAS just over a year ago. I since have more flight hours. Should I update anything? I'm very happy with my scores, btw, but don't want to be out-of-date if that would be a problem.

Pilot Candidate Selection Method (PCSM) (af.mil)

1. Letters that do not identify the candidate's SSN or the amount of hours requested will NOT be processed.
  2. Letters not signed by the Candidate and Commander, Recruiter, or Flight Instructor will NOT be processeed. Flight Instructors MUST include their CFI# and Exp. date.
  3. Letters without a copy of the last page of the flight log, left and right sides with totals in ALL columns that have entries, will NOT be processed.
  4. Email both the commanders letter and the log book pages to AFPC.PCSM@us.af.mil

Anybody apply to the Iowa MQ-9’s? I know the RC-26 guys also out of DSM don’t send invites ‘till the 15th, but I I believe the MQ-9’s noted all invites will be out NLT Dec 6...just curious if anybody heard back on those yet, as it seems to suggest they could have invites already going out up to and until the 6th.

Thanks as always; all the best to those who applied!

Edited by GreenArc

Got notification for the 190th ARW UPT board being held in February to fly KC-135s in Topeka, KS. Packets are due by January 7th and I can send more information to anyone who's interested. I'm no longer in the hunt but visited a few times and it seems like a great group of guys out there.

• Upvote 1

On 12/11/2020 at 8:52 AM, GHawk said:

Got notification for the 190th ARW UPT board being held in February to fly KC-135s in Topeka, KS. Packets are due by January 7th and I can send more information to anyone who's interested. I'm no longer in the hunt but visited a few times and it seems like a great group of guys out there.

I am interested in more information!  

On 12/11/2020 at 9:52 AM, GHawk said:

If you could send me this info that would be awesome!! Thanks for looking out for everyone and offering the help

1 hour ago, SpaceCowboy91 said:

Anyone know if Oregon F-15 (142nd) are having squadron visits?

The plan to have in person interviews, but don't mention meet and greets.  Wondering if anyone else has heard?

I was told they are not currently authorized but was told to check back in January.

On 12/11/2020 at 9:52 AM, GHawk said:

I'm very interested!

1 hour ago, c130rob said:

Do guard and reserve units always advertise when they're hiring for UPT positions? Or do you sometimes have to call around and talk to people to know if a unit is hiring? 

There are many units that don’t advertise. If there’s a unit you’re interested in, I would start calling immediately. As long as you’re respectful, it can only help you to get your name in early so you can find out their timeline and visit as much as possible. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, c130rob said:

Do guard and reserve units always advertise when they're hiring for UPT positions? Or do you sometimes have to call around and talk to people to know if a unit is hiring? 

You absolutely have to call anywhere that interests you.  I've had 2 interviews at boards that were never listed on BogiDope.  Purely anecdotal but it seems the Reserve squadrons advertise less than the Guard ones.  

47 minutes ago, tarheelaviator said:

You absolutely have to call anywhere that interests you.  I've had 2 interviews at boards that were never listed on BogiDope.  Purely anecdotal but it seems the Reserve squadrons advertise less than the Guard ones.  

I’ve noticed this as well for sure. 

• 2 weeks later...