Upcoming Boards

16 hours ago, Pilot214 said:

Did you guys already submit the application to the VTANG ? I have not becuase it said on the website that applications window doesn't open till November. 

The POC did state during one of the zoom calls that we can start sending in applications; no need to wait until November.

45 minutes ago, Flyman said:

Is it true that if you are sponsored you may still not meet the Reserve board? (New to this, sorry if it has been asked before).

Seems it used to be if you were sponsored and cleared medically the Reserve board was just a formality.  Now it seems they have severely cut the number of UPT slots for the Reserve so they are prioritizing the most undermanned squadrons.  

On 10/20/2020 at 11:05 PM, bogeygolf said:

Pilot 87, Nav 55, AA, V, Q - in the 20s, PCSM 87, 2900 hours of flight time, ATP, 3.4 gpa, is it worth submitting package or try to up the latter 3 scores? Thanks in advance. 

If you go to the main page, there should be a forum for "What Are My Chances?" and that typically draws some good responses from other applicants and pilots alike. 

That being said, good job on the P and PCSM. Really depends on what you're looking for, but I'd say with how competitive aviation is right now across the board, it's probably worth trying to increase your scores. But (big but) don't not apply because you're going to retake. If the deadline's coming up, send the app in! Never self-eliminate. 

On 10/20/2020 at 5:03 PM, tarheelaviator said:

Seems it used to be if you were sponsored and cleared medically the Reserve board was just a formality.  Now it seems they have severely cut the number of UPT slots for the Reserve so they are prioritizing the most undermanned squadrons.  

Thanks. I'm not sure if I'm going to get all my medical stuff (MEPS and FC1) completed before the next AFRC board in January. Do I have to have everything completed and stamped before applying to the AFRC board?

This may seem like an odd question. But my first visit to a base for a meet and greet is next month. What should you wear and bring? I was told to reach back a week before for details but just trying to get an earlier heads up. Thanks 

Business casual with some nice dress shoes is usually the go to. Don’t be the only dingus showing up in a suit lol.

As far as gifts: it’s usually an alcohol donation to the bar, but I would check with your hiring POC if it’s kosher to bring some. Also seen donuts and coffee being donated which was well received.

Good luck dude!

3 hours ago, JabroniWizard said:

Business casual with some nice dress shoes is usually the go to. Don’t be the only dingus showing up in a suit lol.

As far as gifts: it’s usually an alcohol donation to the bar, but I would check with your hiring POC if it’s kosher to bring some. Also seen donuts and coffee being donated which was well received.

Good luck dude!

I appreciate the advice! Thanks for all the help

• Like 1

On 10/22/2020 at 1:36 AM, goodflightcowboy said:

If you go to the main page, there should be a forum for "What Are My Chances?" and that typically draws some good responses from other applicants and pilots alike. 

That being said, good job on the P and PCSM. Really depends on what you're looking for, but I'd say with how competitive aviation is right now across the board, it's probably worth trying to increase your scores. But (big but) don't not apply because you're going to retake. If the deadline's coming up, send the app in! Never self-eliminate. 

On 10/22/2020 at 5:18 AM, Terminator5lf said:

Thanks y'all, appreciate it!