Upcoming Boards

On 7/16/2020 at 5:11 AM, GreenArc said:

Google tells me this went live on their site 9 hours ago:

https://www.158fw.ang.af.mil/BECOME_A_FIGHTER_PILOT/

F-35's out of Vermont:

It states that 30 is the age limit...but it doesn't say that no waivers are being considered. I've spoken with two PoCs now that have noted that they won't hire anybody above the noted age, though both application outlines for those units didn't say explicitly as others do that they will not be entertaining age waivers.

I'm starting to think it'd be smarter to just not ask if it's not explicitly stated, apply, and see if maybe someone on the board is like, "Hm, older, but I think we may actually like him. He's a long shot but let's invite him for an interview" rather than weed myself out from jump street. I'm 100% okay losing some coin on mailing packages and some dedicated time in prep to get in front of a board as opposed to never even arriving on anyone's desk for review...anybody got any thoughts/advice on that?

Strange that no dates are specified for when packages are due or when interviews may take place. All I found was fall and spring.

1 hour ago, pilotcrum said:

The UPT app for Charlotte NC requires a EQIP form. Unfortunately the POC isn't getting back to me. Does anyone have this form they can send me?

Is it talking about the SF86? EQIP is an online questionnaire that electronically fills out background check stuff but usually that's something you would do after you're selected already. 

Do you have a link to their ad?

Edited by admdelta

33 minutes ago, admdelta said:

Is it talking about the SF86? EQIP is an online questionnaire that electronically fills out background check stuff but usually that's something you would do after you're selected already. 

Do you have a link to their ad?

Sent you a message

3 hours ago, pilotcrum said:

The UPT app for Charlotte NC requires a EQIP form. Unfortunately the POC isn't getting back to me. Does anyone have this form they can send me?

*For current military members only*   

If you currently have a secret/top secret clearance, you do not need to do the EQIP. I reached out to them the other day and all they want is a confirmation from your security manager stating you're clearance is still good.

8 hours ago, CavGuy said:

*For current military members only*   

If you currently have a secret/top secret clearance, you do not need to do the EQIP. I reached out to them the other day and all they want is a confirmation from your security manager stating you're clearance is still good.

It is listed under the section for *All Applicants* and says it is provided by recruiter. Im a civilian so I dont have a security clearance. 

4 hours ago, pilotcrum said:

It is listed under the section for *All Applicants* and says it is provided by recruiter. Im a civilian so I dont have a security clearance. 

Yes, I know. I put that to indicate my incoming message was for current mil only. 

On 7/16/2020 at 6:11 AM, GreenArc said:

Google tells me this went live on their site 9 hours ago:

https://www.158fw.ang.af.mil/BECOME_A_FIGHTER_PILOT/

F-35's out of Vermont:

It states that 30 is the age limit...but it doesn't say that no waivers are being considered. I've spoken with two PoCs now that have noted that they won't hire anybody above the noted age, though both application outlines for those units didn't say explicitly as others do that they will not be entertaining age waivers.

I'm starting to think it'd be smarter to just not ask if it's not explicitly stated, apply, and see if maybe someone on the board is like, "Hm, older, but I think we may actually like him. He's a long shot but let's invite him for an interview" rather than weed myself out from jump street. I'm 100% okay losing some coin on mailing packages and some dedicated time in prep to get in front of a board as opposed to never even arriving on anyone's desk for review...anybody got any thoughts/advice on that?

Dude keep going! I was told directly the other day that some units will actually take the older guy over the younger guy if the experience is right for them.  

Also, are you just searching "UPT Boards" to find all these hidden gems or what? I can't find them when I search.  Thanks for what you're doing by sharing these otherwise unposted boards for us.  

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Lisenbyjacob said:

Dude keep going! I was told directly the other day that some units will actually take the older guy over the younger guy if the experience is right for them.  

Also, are you just searching "UPT Boards" to find all these hidden gems or what? I can't find them when I search.  Thanks for what you're doing by sharing these otherwise unposted boards for us.  

Bump. Show us your ways on search methodology, please. 

So when it comes to searching, I've got two go-to queries for Google:

For ANG units, just copy and paste this: site:ang.af.mil "upt" OR "supt" AND "apply"

For AFRC units, just copy and paste this: site:afrc.af.mil "upt" OR "supt" AND "apply"

You can swap out "apply" with other words like "submit" or "deadline" and see what comes up! I've found 3-4 boards not listed on GuardReserveJobs.com or BogiDope.com this way; hopefully the more eyes searching the more options we'll dig up! Also, another thing to do when searching is to click "Tools" > and instead of "Any time" choose "Within the past month", so you know you're getting recent results.

ETA: You can also just search by squadron (i.e. "47th Fighter Squadron" AND "upt", something like that) and see what comes up as well! I believe I've had some luck finding boards that way, too. That way, you can target specific squadrons that you're interested in and see if anything comes up!

Best of luck to you all!

Edited by GreenArc
  • Upvote 6

Also, I dug this one up, too: C-17's out of West Virginia!

https://www.167aw.ang.af.mil/Units/Careers/

It sounds like they've got a board coming up relatively soon, so I'm going to reach out and see what if we're good to start submitting packages for the October board:

The 167th Airlift Wing will conduct SUPT candidate interview boards during UTA weekend of April and October every year. 

Edited by GreenArc
  • Upvote 2