Upcoming Boards

1 hour ago, H_G said:

To anyone who has experience/applied to Bomber Squadrons, is it safe to assume it is as competitive as Fighter Squadrons? Thanks. 

LOL. Nope.

Jest aside, that question is moot. It's a distinction without a difference. The small denominator of course will make anything look "competitive". It's a small bowl, only two squadrons, belonging to the same ADCON wing. [AFRC only, don't know the status of the B-2 Guard boondoggle these days]. Well three, but the FTU doesn't hire off the street anymore, well unless you're somebody's husband or golden-key holder (aaaand I digress).   

Flying/rigor wise? Meh, it's just another droning-heavy job, but you build a heck of a lot less TPIC than 11M assets. Post-TFI really ruined whatever merits were left of that job, ask me how I know.

As for the rest of the 'draw', I have enough SA than to have the temerity of waxing poetic to my former A-10 co-workers I Cos-played permissive "CAS" from 30,000feet. Honest day's work driving the bus. Fighter UPT board slot it is not.

Good luck with the job hunt. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, mb1685 said:

Anyone else who has a postponed interview due to coronavirus received any updates yet? Still standing by for status updates for mine. Got me like:

image.png.891203ede4bc1437ba9025476118f08b.png

I've had to resign myself from caring at this point. 10 applications out since March with either postponed boards or TBD's.

On 7/1/2020 at 8:44 AM, airplaneguy135 said:

Anyone got a good POC for the 122nd FW in Fort Wayne or hear of any upcoming boards?

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app

Spamming the forum with the same post won’t get you an answer any faster trust me. Patience is key in a lot of factors. 

Anyways last I reached out to the 163rd was a little over a month ago and received this reply.  

Unfortunately we are not having a board this year.  The earliest would be next spring, but that isn’t certain at this time.  We usually advertise on bogidope when we announce a board.  Thanks for reaching out.

Maj Hart
163FS

Per the HIANG instagram account: UPT board is happening. Start the application process by contacting TSgt Sharon Pasion at 808-216-3322. Joint board with all three squadrons - 199, 203, & 204. No other details and I have no insight to offer, unfortunately.

10 hours ago, Sit On Acorns said:

Per the HIANG instagram account: UPT board is happening. Start the application process by contacting TSgt Sharon Pasion at 808-216-3322. Joint board with all three squadrons - 199, 203, & 204. No other details and I have no insight to offer, unfortunately.

Shes going to have hundreds of voicemails waiting for her after the long weekend 

57 minutes ago, Checksix said:

Haha so true!! I called today and her voicemail is already full. 

lol! She is extremely nice. I talked to her 6 years ago about UPT and was surprised to see shes still recruiting. Looking forward to seeing the application guide. 

On 7/2/2020 at 9:45 AM, floridapilot8683 said:

Anybody else interview with the 106th 60's on Long Island and still waiting to hear back?

app they were all on tdy and are still deliberating. i talked to one of their lts a couple days ago and she said they'd get back to us in the next week or so...

On 7/3/2020 at 10:32 AM, kyavn said:

Would anyone mind posting when/if they hear back from the 125th FW out of Jacksonville? Just so we can know we didn’t get it. 

I’m in the same boat. They said it could be a week or two into July before we hear back but starting to get the feeling no news could be bad news

46 minutes ago, sartoreabram said:

I’m in the same boat. They said it could be a week or two into July before we hear back but starting to get the feeling no news could be bad news

Fingers crossed. I’ll just be happy to know either way so I can stop thinking about it. Haha

• Upvote 1

I’m sure someone would have said something if they heard something but just asking if anyone has updates on any of these units:

Fort Worth (should of heard back by now)

Toledo, Ohio (I think they said to sit tight for now)

DC viper squadron (haven’t heard a single thing from them)

Lousiana F15 Squadron (haven’t heard anything from them either) 

8 hours ago, pilotcrum said:

I’m sure someone would have said something if they heard something but just asking if anyone has updates on any of these units:

Fort Worth (should of heard back by now)

Toledo, Ohio (I think they said to sit tight for now)

Lousiana F15 Squadron (haven’t heard anything from them either) 

NOLA is still sending out the auto-reply email whenever you reach out, so I take that as a "sit tight." 

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, pilotcrum said:

DC got activated for the protests. Between that and COVID word as of mid June is holding with no timeline.

• Thanks 1