Upcoming Boards

On 1/29/2020 at 7:31 AM, goodflightcowboy said:

Honestly, Google. 

I've only been asked to do recce at 1 interview. The aircraft listed were: T-6, T-38, F-16, F-15, F-18, B-2, U-2, and SU-30. 

Obviously that list depends on the type of airframe/unit you're applying for, but generally speaking, if you can identify all current US fighters/bombers, USAF trainers, and 5-6 foreign aircraft, you'll be just fine. As a sidenote, that slideshow also included Robin Olds. I'd be able to identify him and John Boyd. 

Thank you! This is a great rundown. 

Thought I’d give everyone a heads up. It sounds like the 107th at Selfridge will likely have a board in April with a meet and greet during our March drill (07/08 March 2020). Nothings 100% confirmed yet but I’ll keep you guys posted. I’ve heard this from the new OG, FS commander, and several others higher up in the chain of command.
So get your applications ready!

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 1/9/2020 at 12:36 AM, Lisenbyjacob said:

Hi guys,  figured it was my time to jump in this conversation since I'm finally gearing up to start putting in my first applications.  Gonna shoot for the 158th in Savannah to break the ice.  Tricky thing about my situation is that I'm currently AD assigned to Andersen AFB in Guam so I'm not sure how that's gonna work with my DEROS.  If anyone has any insight on the 158th, it would be much appreciated.

PM me.  Long time ANG C-130 Nav with lots of insights on how the hiring process goes for fully qualified bubbas.  

On 1/29/2020 at 2:46 AM, admdelta said:

What is this strange new word

In real world Air Force speak, Recce is Reconnaissance.  The post you commented on meant recognition so when they show you a picture of an aircraft at the interview you should be able to state what aircraft it is.  And based on his comment, there aren't a lot of of units who would do that to you in an interview.  So, you may not want to waste too many brain bytes on it but it still will be a good thing to work on as you proceed into your budding AF career. 

• Thanks 1

On 1/23/2020 at 1:51 PM, tarheelaviator said:

Can confirm the B-1 bit.  The Dyess Reserve folks won't have a UPT board till 2023.  As for the Missouri B-2s they just had a UPT board but it was open to only for folks who were currently in the Missouri Air National Guard.  The POC said they occasionally will recruit UPT from the outside but it depends on the year.  Hope this helps some folks.  

For you young Bomber wannabee pilots, I suggest scratching the B-1 off the list.  It is on the retirement chopping block.  Not a done deal but I wouldn't go to Vegas or even Atlantic City and put any money on any future new Reserve B-1 pilots. 

On 1/17/2020 at 7:17 PM, gear3green said:

Has anyone heard anything about the 121st at Andrews? Have they hired recently? 

PM me.  I know an ANG pilot who got a VC-### (737) position at Andrews recently so probably has the inside scoop on who they look for.  Likely only current Rated bubbas need apply (he was long time 130 guy who was at NGB on staff for awhile). 

14 minutes ago, VigilanteNav said:

In real world Air Force speak, Recce is Reconnaissance.  The post you commented on meant recognition so when they show you a picture of an aircraft at the interview you should be able to state what aircraft it is.  And based on his comment, there aren't a lot of of units who would do that to you in an interview.  So, you may not want to waste too many brain bytes on it but it still will be a good thing to work on as you proceed into your budding AF career. 

Thanks! Sounds like I should turn to my favorite study tool, Ace Combat 7, for help with this one. 

2 hours ago, VigilanteNav said:

For you young Bomber wannabee pilots, I suggest scratching the B-1 off the list.  It is on the retirement chopping block.  Not a done deal but I wouldn't go to Vegas or even Atlantic City and put any money on any future new Reserve B-1 pilots. 

I’d bet money on it. We have one here in UPT right now actually. What’s your source?

3 hours ago, VigilanteNav said:

2015: For you young A-10 wannabee pilots, I suggest scratching the A-10 off the list.  It is on the retirement chopping block.  Not a done deal but I wouldn't go to Vegas or even Atlantic City and put any money on any future new Reserve A-10 pilots. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Broskees said:

Anyone hear any results from Oklahoma yet?

Flyer for the board said it wasn't till April but I remember hearing something at the most recent drill weekend they were convening earlier.  Anyone else who heard better care to chime in?  

9 minutes ago, tarheelaviator said:

Flyer for the board said it wasn't till April but I remember hearing something at the most recent drill weekend they were convening earlier.  Anyone else who heard better care to chime in?  

If I understood things correctly after last weekend, interview notifications may go out a bit later than the given date (today) but the board dates (April) will remain unchanged. 

17 minutes ago, tarheelaviator said:

The posting on bogidope said they would send out invites by Feb. 7th

I just rushed Tulsa this past weekend. They plan on notifying interview selectees the first weekend of march due to the email address mix up. Board is still planned to be in April. If anything, calling the squadron and talking to a pilot is usually the best source of accurate info.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3