Upcoming Boards

2 hours ago, PrivateFighterPilotLicense said:

Anyone hear from Jacksonville yet? 

Question of the year. lol
I have asked a handful of people in the circuit, and only one has heard back— from the Wing's Recruiting and Retention staff who needed to clarify a form entry.

Other than that, nothing but white noise.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

So this is semi-related to this thread. Several Squadrons, as far as I have seen, do not allow UPT applicants to visit the Squadron during the UPT Application window. Does anyone know why that is? I understand thats the rule, but i am just curious why they would not want to meet the applicants before the interview? Would one's application be the sole factor? Seems like blind hiring? Maybe I am thinking too hard. 

Anyway, appreciate any and all inputs!

21 minutes ago, Burger said:

Hey guys,

So this is semi-related to this thread. Several Squadrons, as far as I have seen, do not allow UPT applicants to visit the Squadron during the UPT Application window. Does anyone know why that is? I understand thats the rule, but i am just curious why they would not want to meet the applicants before the interview? Would one's application be the sole factor? Seems like blind hiring? Maybe I am thinking too hard. 

Anyway, appreciate any and all inputs!

Because it would turn into a revolving door of backstabbing and ass kissing, and without your qualifications in front of us, you’re just another Boy Scout on a tour.

Each unit is different...matt's is one perspective.  The other perspective is visiting gives you and us an opportunity to interact and determine if this is worth going forward on (i.e. official interview).  But to Matt's point, this visit should be accompanied by your resume/package (sts), because that absolutely matters and bad enough scores, GPA, etc. can absolutely tank your chances of an interview, no matter how good of a dude you may be in person.

Edited by brabus
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, brabus said:

Each unit is different...matt's is one perspective.  The other perspective is visiting gives you and us an opportunity to interact and determine if this is worth going forward on (i.e. official interview).  But to Matt's point, this visit should be accompanied by your resume/package (sts), because that absolutely matters and bad enough scores, GPA, etc. can absolutely tank your chances of an interview, no matter how good of a dude you may be in person.

What he said, just with more diplomacy.  

What do I need to search on reddit to find that thread, holy shit.  No fighter pilot would  very use that name!

Edited by matmacwc