Upcoming Boards

Heads up to people on this thread.

There was an mfr to raise the upt age from 30 to 33. 
To those who are age critical that gives you extra time to apply to units now.

MFR for UPT Age Limit 33.pdf

I’m pretty sure this is only for those applying to Active Duty. It states that this replaces paragraph 3.1.1.1 in the AFI 36-2105. That paragraph discussed active duty age requirements, 3.1.1.2 discusses age requirements for ANG and AF Reserves.

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app

1 hour ago, N730 said:

I’m pretty sure this is only for those applying to Active Duty. It states that this replaces paragraph 3.1.1.1 in the AFI 36-2105. That paragraph discussed active duty age requirements, 3.1.1.2 discusses age requirements for ANG and AF Reserves.

On second thought I think this is probably correct.

I think it’s just this being put into writing:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10156206329556865&id=285437941864

Actually I’m not sure. This seems to refer to an extension for Guard/Reserve applicants too.
3FEAD87F-BC6E-4488-B808-5000439B9A51.thumb.png.6f166f6521d389c902aea4f31f2bbc76.png

The current release seems to definitely be talking AD only, or else it’d probably say replaces 3.1.1.1 and 3.1.1.2. But that screenshot you posted looks like an unreleased copy of the next version of the AFI, which appears to have the same updated age limit for ANG and AF Reserves. I hope that’s the case on final release!

26 minutes ago, N730 said:

The current release seems to definitely be talking AD only, or else it’d probably say replaces 3.1.1.1 and 3.1.1.2. But that screenshot you posted looks like an unreleased copy of the next version of the AFI, which appears to have the same updated age limit for ANG and AF Reserves. I hope that’s the case on final release!

I spoke to the AF officer recruiter for my area, and they confirmed that it’s for reserve and guard as well (assuming the officer accessions recruiter is correct) and that it will flow down in a couple of weeks or so 

Cheers

Edited by Patch
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Patch said:

I spoke to the AF officer recruiter for my area, and they confirmed that it’s for reserve and guard as well (assuming the officer accessions recruiter is correct) and that it will flow down in a couple of weeks or so 

Cheers

Dang not much faith there, we all know how much recruiters know on topics such as these... 

Cheers

That’s awesome! There are so many good dudes I’ve met through the process that are struggling due to age. I’m glad to hear that they’ll get a good shot.

Welp, I just overnighted a package that's due by COB on 1 March. I put the MFR in the package.

Read this news, got on BogiDope to look at board listings, and then left work really early to run home and put this together in record time. 😂 Hopefully the change indeed applies for Guard/Reserve + off the street accessions.

Edited by mb1685

Welp, I just overnighted a package that's due by COB on 1 March. I put the MFR in the package.
Read this news, got on BogiDope to look at board listings, and then left work really early to run home and put this together in record time.  Hopefully the change indeed applies for Guard/Reserve + off the street accessions.

Good luck to you. The memo was addressed to AFPC, but not ARPC. Might be an oversight, or it might apply to AD only.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 2/27/2019 at 6:09 PM, N730 said:

Well I spoke to the Director of Ops at my local ANG fighter wing who will be on the hiring board the other day and he told me to my face that the MFR applied to our unit. Which is great news! I’m 29 and this was a godsend. 

For all you crusty old turds like me, keep at it and good luck!

Well I spoke to the Director of Ops at my local ANG fighter wing who will be on the hiring board the other day and he told me to my face that the MFR applied to our unit. Which is great news! I’m 29 and this was a godsend. 

For all you crusty old turds like me, keep at it and good luck!

That’s awesome! Good luck on the upcoming board!

3 hours ago, PrivateFighterPilotLicense said:

Heard from the grapevine from a friend that Fort Wayne already sent interview invites. Not sure about rejections though haven't gotten one yet. 

Me and some others have already received rejections from Fort Wayne, so I know at least some have gone out. 

Hey all,

First time posting here, just wanted to say best of luck to everyone making their way through the UPT circuit and interviews! 

If anyone is traveling to DC this weekend for the 121st drill weekend and wants to get together for a drink, feel free to DM. I’m from CA, first time in DC.