Upcoming Boards

I wonder when the last time they hired B2 pilots over at the 131st bomb squadron in Missouri. Would totally be interested in dropping an application for them. 

On another note, I'm finding it incredibly difficult trying to schedule the AFOQT and TBAS tests. I was finally able to meet with an Air Guard recruiter to fill out the Request for Examination paperwork only to to get denied at my local MEPS station...

I wonder when the last time they hired B2 pilots over at the 131st bomb squadron in Missouri. Would totally be interested in dropping an application for them. 
On another note, I'm finding it incredibly difficult trying to schedule the AFOQT and TBAS tests. I was finally able to meet with an Air Guard recruiter to fill out the Request for Examination paperwork only to to get denied at my local MEPS station...

Not sure that it’s any different if you’re non prior service, but what I did as a current guard bum was look up what colleges in my area had a ROTC program to schedule my TBAS and I would call the base training office and skip the recruiter for AFOQT. Just cut out the middle man for those two steps at least in my opinion. Definitely utilize the recruiter still but I think you can just do those two steps on your own.
But again, don’t know how it works for non-priors. I’d assume you could knock out the AFOQT at a college as well.
Best of luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Yeeyee said:

They hired off the streets a few years back. Don't think they have since then

23 hours ago, Jetpower said:

No, but I’d love to fly fighters. I applied to a heavy unit in the east coast. 

Look into the A-10s st Whiteman in Missouri. I got picked up last year and I I’ve been told there are a lot fewer applicants than we had last year.

Edited by Kylrs
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Kylrs said:

Look into the A-10s st Whiteman in Missouri. I got picked up last year and I I’ve been told there are a lot fewer applicants than we had last year.

I will give it a shot. Do you know if they're entertaining age waivers? I just turned 30.

I will give it a shot. Do you know if they're entertaining age waivers? I just turned 30.

If I remember correctly, whiteman said they do not expect to run age waivers on their bogidope posting but I’d still apply! I’d be a liar if I said I haven’t been in interviews where a post-30 dude got the job after the unit said they don’t do waivers. You never know man don’t give up!

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Kylrs said:

I’ll definitely be dropping an application if I can get these AFOQT and TBAS tests done. I’ll be an off-the-street applicant, so it may be a little difficult, but I’m only 22 and fly for a regional airline so perhaps I have a chance. How do they know that there won’t be as many applicants this year? 

1 hour ago, Yeeyee said:

I’ll definitely be dropping an application if I can get these AFOQT and TBAS tests done. I’ll be an off-the-street applicant, so it may be a little difficult, but I’m only 22 and fly for a regional airline so perhaps I have a chance. How do they know that there won’t be as many applicants this year? 

2nd this. Apps aren't due till mid april correct? Don't most apps come in high speed near the deadline? 

12 hours ago, Seadogs said:

2nd this. Apps aren't due till mid april correct? Don't most apps come in high speed near the deadline? 

That’s what Blitz told me. I think they actually may have pushed the board back a ways too so I’d ask about that.

• Like 1

@DesperateApplicant I doubt it, unless folks really bomb the initial interview screening. If most folks got invited, it was probably due to a great application and having a great attitude/fit in the unit.

Remember, this is just speculation... so I can very well be proven wrong. Either way, great group of folks and best of wishes for those folks that got interviewed! Still plenty of other slots and I'm definitely going to gun for those A-10 slots! (Pun intended)

On 2/17/2019 at 1:40 PM, Jetpower said:

I reached out to Blitz cause I'm pretty close to the cut-off as well and he said the age waiver is unlikely... But I can't agree more with @Tommy Boy just throw your application out there!

9 minutes ago, iRobot said:

@DesperateApplicant I doubt it, unless folks really bomb the initial interview screening. If most folks got invited, it was probably due to a great application and having a great attitude/fit in the unit.

Remember, this is just speculation... so I can very well be proven wrong. Either way, great group of folks and best of wishes for those folks that got interviewed! Still plenty of other slots and I'm definitely going to gun for those A-10 slots! (Pun intended)

Yeah, I'm hoping for an alternate interview slot or just hoping that all haven't been sent yet! No room for negativity during this process. 

8 minutes ago, BadGuySplash said:

Let's make a list of fighter units that are currently hiring. Do any of these units allow visiting before turning in the application? And does anyone know if they only hire from within? How many people do they plan on hiring this year? And lastly do you have to visit to get an interview?

1. Indiana
  2. Florida
  3. DC
  4. Vermont
  5. South Carolina
  6. Missouri
  7. New Jersey
  8. Louisiana
  9. Wisconsin

•  

1. a) No visits (b) idk (c) see a

2-5 not sure

6. a) yes (b) idk (c) idk

7. Not sure

8. a) yes, but they are very busy in the coming months so contact the POC to be sure. (B) they do not (c) strongly implied

9. Not sure

when in doubt UTFSF

8 minutes ago, BadGuySplash said:

Let's make a list of fighter units that are currently hiring. Do any of these units allow visiting before turning in the application? And does anyone know if they only hire from within? How many people do they plan on hiring this year? And lastly do you have to visit to get an interview?

1. Indiana
  2. Florida
  3. DC
  4. Vermont
  5. South Carolina
  6. Missouri
  7. New Jersey
  8. Louisiana
  9. Wisconsin

•  

1. a) No visits (b) idk (c) see a

2-5 not sure

6. a) yes (b) idk (c) idk

7. Not sure

8. a) yes, but they are very busy in the coming months so contact the POC to be sure. (B) they do not (c) strongly implied

9. Not sure

when in doubt UTFSF