Upcoming Boards

20 hours ago, Riddles said:

Just curious as I noticed the application page on bogidope. Is it an immediate disqualification to not have a PPL? I won't be able to start working on mine until May, but I am just curious how it works out. Also, is it difficult to get active orders there? I did some time at Whiteman and would love to go back, but it's tough to walk away from a active duty when I am the only one who makes money. 

As far as I know, it is disqualifying. You could try to submit anyways and just let them know you are working on it and hope to have it by next board but you want to get your name and scores in the mix.

As for orders, it really all depends. I have orders now but with government funding, nothing is ever easy or guaranteed.

• 2 weeks later...

Are you talking about Whiteman AFB in Missouri? I had no clue they fly A10s, thought it was just B2's.

On another note, do you guys know what qualities a unit is looking for? I'm having someone write me a letter of recommendation today and he asked. 

13 minutes ago, Yeeyee said:

Are you talking about Whiteman AFB in Missouri? I had no clue they fly A10s, thought it was just B2's.

On another note, do you guys know what qualities a unit is looking for? I'm having someone write me a letter of recommendation today and he asked. 

I know pretty much nothing yet, so take this with a grain of salt as I'm still in the applying/interviewing phase myself. But...have them write the recommendation letter based on qualities that you have. Don't have whoever is writing it say you have X or Y qualities just because that's "what a unit is looking for." What happens when you land an interview and the recommendation letter does match up to the person? There are specific things every letter of recommendation should attest to, but they should be legitimate and reflect the person they are recommending accurately. If you have great leadership qualities, make sure they touch on that. If you are a hard worker and have showed it in the past, they can touch on that. But if you dont have the "qualities" and unit is looking for and someone says you do, that could not go well for you I would think. Units look at the whole person concept from what I've seen at my interviews and from what I've read on here. 

19 hours ago, Yeeyee said:

Ryleypav pretty much nailed it. Definitely while person. Most of the time the thought process is they can teach anyone to fly. They can’t teach you to be a decent human.

The A-10s belong to the reserve unit. B-2s belong to active duty and guard. There is also an army guard black hawk unit and I believe some active duty RPA. All at Whiteman.

42 minutes ago, ayz33 said:

They told me they're not allowing visits to make it fair. Did you coordinate this?

Hey man, I’d reach back out and make sure you get in touch with a pilot or their email. They were/are deployed, I got the same answer talking to some rando SSgt that they weren’t doing it, but I believe it’s a go for that weekend. 

1 hour ago, BigCat said:

Hey man, I’d reach back out and make sure you get in touch with a pilot or their email. They were/are deployed, I got the same answer talking to some rando SSgt that they weren’t doing it, but I believe it’s a go for that weekend. 

It was their email and only a week ago, thats weird..