Upcoming Boards

For those who don't know or are unfamiliar with unsponsored AFRC pilot hiring, heres an interesting article. As a non-prior off the street guy, this is how I got picked up. In no way is it an "easy" process but the Reserves definitely has UPT slots up for grabs.

http://www.citamn.afrc.af.mil/features/story.asp?id=123448618

• Upvote 1

@deaddebate, do you know when the results for the June board will be out??

I'll ask.

ETA: Probably won't know until Tuesday (holiday weekend).

Edited by deaddebate
  • Upvote 1

Does anyone hear of a tentative date for the upcoming UFT Board?

The next UFT Selection Board (15-03) will be a combined sponsored and unsponsored board on 17-18 Nov 15... Applications are due to AFRC/A3TB workflow email NLT 2 Nov 15!

Thanks DeadDebate! I will check back early next week.

@deaddebate, do you know when the results for the June board will be out??

It was supposed to be finished on 1 Jul, but that obviously didn't happen. About 25-30 were recommended by the board and they are now waiting for the final approval authority. It should happen this week.

Also expect MFS certification to be required for any future boards. It seems AFRC is tired of playing with MFS and the member for medical certification after the fact.

It was supposed to be finished on 1 Jul, but that obviously didn't happen. About 25-30 were recommended by the board and they are now waiting for the final approval authority. It should happen this week.

Also expect MFS certification to be required for any future boards. It seems AFRC is tired of playing with MFS and the member for medical certification after the fact.

Thanks for the help deaddebate!!! :notworthy:

MFS certification for unsponsored applicants too?

The next UFT Selection Board (15-03) will be a combined sponsored and unsponsored board on 17-18 Nov 15... Applications are due to AFRC/A3TB workflow email NLT 2 Nov 15!

Oh thank you for the info.

Yes, all future AFRC boards.

Excuse my ignorance but what is the MFS certification about? And thank you so much for all the info you provide here.

Excuse my ignorance but what is the MFS certification about? And thank you so much for all the info you provide here.

AETC is the certification and waiver authority for all Flying Class I medical exams. These exams are accomplished/certified by Medical Flight Screening (MFS) at the USAF School of Aerospace Medicine (USAFSAM) which is another layer for AF aviation service, above the minimum accession standard performed at MEPS. Requiring the medical certification before consideration at the AFRC board is another filter to remove unqualified applicants. Previously, they allowed applicants to be considered at the board before they had accomplished MFS because it lowered the administrative barrier and increased the number of applicants. The downside is it delayed UPT scheduling, and a number of selectees would fail MFS, meaning the board would need to dip into the backup names to meet quotas, and that's another roll of the dice if the backup fails medical screening.

AETC is the certification and waiver authority for all Flying Class I medical exams. These exams are accomplished/certified by Medical Flight Screening (MFS) at the USAF School of Aerospace Medicine (USAFSAM) which is another layer for AF aviation service, above the minimum accession standard performed at MEPS. Requiring the medical certification before consideration at the AFRC board is another filter to remove unqualified applicants. Previously, they allowed applicants to be considered at the board before they had accomplished MFS because it lowered the administrative barrier and increased the number of applicants. The downside is it delayed UPT scheduling, and a number of selectees would fail MFS, meaning the board would need to dip into the backup names to meet quotas, and that's another roll of the dice if the backup fails medical screening.

Oh I see. Thanks again for the clarification. So do you think the main issue with being able to get MFS certification is about the time or you think that if the recruiter schedule early enough it can be done before the board meet. Thanks again.

So do you think the main issue with being able to get MFS certification is about the time or you think that if the recruiter schedule early enough it can be done before the board meet.

I don't really understand your question, possibly because you're missing a question mark. People can get the MFS certification easily enough if they get their scheduling request submitted with enough advance. For the Nov board deadline, I'd think you need a minimum 60-day lead for scheduling, so packages ought to be submitted by the recruiter no later than 1 Sep.

For those who don't know or are unfamiliar with unsponsored AFRC pilot hiring, heres an interesting article. As a non-prior off the street guy, this is how I got picked up. In no way is it an "easy" process but the Reserves definitely has UPT slots up for grabs.

http://www.citamn.afrc.af.mil/features/story.asp?id=123448618

Thanks for the article post Simplejack! I've been doing some guard interviews with no luck, I know the reserve boards are something I want to chase after. Mind if I PM you on your experience? I'm a non-prior service guy as well...

Im confused, so can you now just apply to AFRC Command directly like Guard apps or do you have to go through a recruiter like OTS?

If you are not an Air Force Reserves member you contact an officer accessions recruiter.

If you are in the Air Force Reserves, you contact your MPF (good luck, my MPF is completely lost on the whole process -_-)

To contact an ascensions recruiter, contact your local recruiter and ask them to put you in contact with the nearest accession recruiter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't really understand your question, possibly because you're missing a question mark. People can get the MFS certification easily enough if they get their scheduling request submitted with enough advance. For the Nov board deadline, I'd think you need a minimum 60-day lead for scheduling, so packages ought to be submitted by the recruiter no later than 1 Sep.

Oh sorry! But you actually fully answered my question. I was assuming that the MFS certification takes a little bit of time to get done, so it happens that sometime people don't have enough time before the board meets. So yes that was my question and you answered it. Thanks again. I am thinking of putting my packet together for this board and i hope to do so. I am in IRR right now and i didn't get in touch with any recruiter yet. I am even afraid they will tell me i have to go through any MPF or something like that. Anyway we'll see. Thanks a lot for your help here.

Thanks for the help deaddebate!!!

New date for release is Monday the 13th.

• Upvote 1