Return of Friday shirts / patches

Toro

AviatorGear did the patches, zaps, line badge lanyards for my company. Great quality, great customer service, timely shipping, and even some bonus pen tabs and other cool patches thrown into an order one time. Great company to work with.

No guidance at KBAD yet, other than an email from the OG saying "it's not authorized yet!!" Not surprised.

Sad how scared some leaders are to do the simple stuff.

On a related note, as soon as the new AFI was released, our Sq/CC said PRESS!!! with the colored shirts on Fridays. Our squadron enlisted and pilots all wore our colored shirts to the 0800 OG Call yesterday and while there was some initial 'concern' by the Group Chief and Shirt (directed at the 1COs, not the pilots), once they were informed of the changes all was GTG. Pretty much the entire Ops Group was wearing the full compliment of shirts, patches and pen tabs so at least that's a small win in our little corner of the AF.

• Upvote 1

Guest ThatGuy

The shirt wasn't too pleased with me a few months ago when I told him it's not necessary to turn people away from a fitness test because of their sneaker color or black socks. I told him I had permission from my CC to see if the AF would make a change to the AFI. I told the shirt the CSAF wants innovative airmen and that was not simply meant in a technological perspective. Shirt told me the AFI wouldn't change. How are airmen being inspired if they are told you can't change anything. That's not the right perspective to have as a leader. I never wrote that memo, but after you guys posted the change I made sure to email the CC and shirt the changes. We got more important stuff to worry about than shoe and sock color during a fitness test. If a guy wants to run in pink Nikes and black socks with a hello kitty logo that should be his prerogative. If someone complains the only question the CC should ask is, "Did he pass his test? Who cares...next topic of importance please."

Edited by slick999

The shirt wasn't too pleased with me a few months ago when I told him it's not necessary to turn people away from a fitness test because of their sneaker color or black socks. I told him I had permission from my CC to see if the AF would make a change to the AFI. I told the shirt the CSAF wants innovative airmen and that was not simply meant in a technological perspective. Shirt told me the AFI wouldn't change. How are airmen being inspired if they are told you can't change anything. That's not the right perspective to have as a leader. I never wrote that memo, but after you guys posted the change I made sure to email the CC and shirt the changes. We got more important stuff to worry about than shoe and sock color during a fitness test. If a guy wants to run in pink Nikes and black socks with a hello kitty logo that should be his prerogative. If someone complains the only question the CC should ask is, "Did he pass his test? Who cares...next topic of importance please."

Next drunk...how question are you right now?

• Upvote 1

The shirt wasn't too pleased with me a few months ago when I told him it's not necessary to turn people away from a fitness test because of their sneaker color or black socks.

A Chief's ultimate dream job..an endless supply of last minute pt testers they can turn away for sock color...

Everyone will have the same pen tab patch in our sq. I'm ok with that, we're voting on a design this week.

Of course you are. If a man is starving, and someone says "you get to eat boiled, well-done flank steak every Wednesday," the man says "hell yeah." On the other hand, if a man is reasonably well fed, boiled, well-done flank steak every Wednesday is going to get old real quick.

We are starving for anything, ANYTHING, that can be considered an improvement. So yes, you will be ok with whatever piece of boiled, well done flank steak is tossed your way.

• Upvote 2

Of course you are. If a man is starving, and someone says "you get to eat boiled, well-done flank steak every Wednesday," the man says "hell yeah." On the other hand, if a man is reasonably well fed, boiled, well-done flank steak every Wednesday is going to get old real quick.

We are starving for anything, ANYTHING, that can be considered an improvement. So yes, you will be ok with whatever piece of boiled, well done flank steak is tossed your way.

Wait, how are they preparing the flank steak again?

Even the little things cannot get fixed in my little corner of the world. Absolutely amazing that even when big AF makes an attempt to fix morale by adjusting the little things, Group and/or Wing leadership still continues to embrace the suck. Just posted at FOB Cannon:

1) Effective immediately, all members will adhere to the new AFI 36-2903 with the following restrictions:

- Sand shirts only

- No morale patches on shoulders

- No morale patches on left sleeve Velcro (pen tab)

- No morale Friday nametags

So exactly what is the new change? Now I get choice of sock color with my PT uniform? UFB but to be completely expected. Now to get back to my interview prep study time.

Edited by Vprdrvr69
  • Upvote 4

Even the little things cannot get fixed in my little corner of the world. Absolutely amazing that even when big AF makes an attempt to fix morale by adjusting the little things, Group and/or Wing leadership still continues to embrace the suck. Just posted at FOB Cannon:

1) Effective immediately, all members will adhere to the new AFI 36-2903 with the following restrictions:

- Sand shirts only

- No morale patches on shoulders

- No morale patches on left sleeve Velcro (pen tab)

- No morale Friday nametags

So exactly what is the new change? Now I get choice of sock color with my PT uniform? UFB but to be completely expected. Now to get back to my interview prep study time.

AFSOC leading the way.