China & Chinese Shenanigans

Marlboro BLACK

1 hour ago, TheNewGazmo said:

There are better things to worry about when it comes to our tanker force than deploying DJI's out of the sextant port.

Exactly……like deploying hard boiled eggs out of the sextant port. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So, is there going to be a big party at the club tonight to celebrate the first Raptor kill? "So, there I was..... Got a visual on the bandit and used the awesome power and thrust vectoring to manuever to his 6.... well, there really wasn't a 6 position. So, there he was just floating......"

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, Fly4five said:

emoji23.png 79ys3s.jpegScreenshot_20230204_110136_Flightradar24.jpeg

Sent from my SM-F926U1 using Baseops Network mobile app

Woah woah woah.... we just going to forget about that Beagle that dusted that Iranian mosquito in Syria? 

Also, on a sour note, heard ADSB Exchange is going to start requiring monthly payment to access its features. Thats a huge bummer for people passionate about aviation as we are. 

8 minutes ago, Smokin said:

We just spent 1000x as much money shooting down the balloon as China spent launching it.  If I were them, I'd launch 20 next week and just watch us waste missiles, flight hours, etc.

Eh. We don't know what kind of sensor payload it had yet. Some of those high resolution keyhole quality cameras definitely go for far more than your AIM-120.  9X

Edit: Unless you're saying just launch 20 balloons that look like there is something on them but there is actually nothing on them.... then yeah, that would definitely work, lol. 

Edited by FLEA

China now threatening to retaliate because we shot down their balloon!

China responded that it reserved the right to "take further actions" and "an obvious overreaction and a serious violation of international practice."

In its statement Sunday, China's Ministry of Foreign Affairs said that "China will resolutely uphold the relevant company's legitimate rights and interests, and at the same time reserving the right to take further actions in response."

I came here looking for USAF commentary, and I’m disappointed. 
1. No Frank Luke references.

2. No one said 4 more and our intrepid balloon buster is an ace. 

3 Finally, Dos Gringos told us years ago, that when targeting Chinese, “On Tuesdays it was heaters only, Wednesday BFM.”

Edited by SuperWSO

Filthy, I believe you’re having a hard day, and I don’t know why, but if you need help, ask.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1