China & Chinese Shenanigans

Marlboro BLACK

19 minutes ago, ClearedHot said:

Some interesting takes in this video, for the past few months this group has been saying the CCP is toast.  Interesting to note the financial crisis many have predicted for China has arrived as the real estate bubble is in the midst of popping.  If you know anything about China, real estate and fake GDP growth you will understand how disruptive this is.  Real estate accounts for 30% of GDP and 75% of personal wealth so there is a major storm happening, how it plays out and what the CCP does to fix/distract/remain in power is going to be UGLY.

I would be surprised if the housing bubble results in the ousting of the CCP, but it is a very different story for Xi. In fact, the party will probably specifically secure their position by using him as a scapegoat. It wasn't CCP, it was all Xi. That's short term, let's say the next 10 years.

However, more broadly, no matter what they do to resolve their position in the "everything bubble," their demographics going forward or devastating. Not only do they have a tremendous imbalance between upcoming retirees and the younger generation, but the one child policy also put a huge gender imbalance into the system. Young people can be poached from other countries, though you then have to deal with the problem of integration, but asymmetrically importing women? Not sure how well that's going to work.

On 8/20/2022 at 9:29 AM, Lord Ratner said:

Not only do they have a tremendous imbalance between upcoming retirees and the younger generation, but the one child policy also put a huge gender imbalance into the system. Young people can be poached from other countries, though you then have to deal with the problem of integration, but asymmetrically importing women? Not sure how well that's going to work.

Russia is gonna have a huge male/female disparity in the opposite direction as China. I wonder how the average Anastasia 22 year old feels about a quazi-arranged Chinese marriage. Either that or Russianbrides.com is about to get cheaper due to the supply surplus.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, StoleIt said:

Russia is gonna have a huge male/female disparity in the opposite direction as China. I wonder how the average Anastasia 22 year old feels about a quazi-arranged Chinese marriage. Either that or Russianbrides.com is about to get cheaper due to the supply surplus.

I’m sure they be fine with it. Asian nations are known for their acceptance and lack of racism toward other cultures.

• Like 1
  • Haha 8
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/08/29/biden-taiwan-arms-sales-congress-00054126

Another $Billion for Taiwan.

The package, which is still in an early stage, includes 60 AGM-84L Harpoon Block II missiles for $355 million, 100 AIM-9X Block II Sidewinder tactical air-to-air missiles for $85.6 million, and $655.4 million for a surveillance radar contract extension, the people said. The Sidewinder missiles will arm Taipei’s U.S.-made F-16 fighter jets.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/19/2022 at 4:05 AM, StrikeOut312 said:

We have doctrine that we completely ignore. If we don't know what we're doing, the enemy won't know either!

“A serious problem in planning against American doctrine is that the Americans do not read their manuals, nor do they feel any obligation to follow their doctrine.”

– Soviet observation during the Cold War

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, SurelySerious said:

Same.

I bet a 35K/yr bonus would retain those pesky pilots and keep them loyal.....

Anyone think any US pilots have been poached for the same thing? Never heard of it but I have to believe if they're targeting Brits they would be targeting Americans as well..... 

7 hours ago, FLEA said:

I bet a 35K/yr bonus would retain those pesky pilots and keep them loyal.....

Anyone think any US pilots have been poached for the same thing? Never heard of it but I have to believe if they're targeting Brits they would be targeting Americans as well..... 

LOL the article says they're only paying these dudes ~$270k?!  NFW that's all they're paying these dudes.  That's chump change for betraying your country, risking your life and living in that shithole.  

• Like 2

I guess it's time to kill some more Brits.   F-ing traitors!    

2 hours ago, SocialD said:

LOL the article says they're only paying these dudes ~$270k?!  NFW that's all they're paying these dudes.  That's chump change for betraying your country, risking your life and living in that shithole.  

My guess is they also aren't 100% aware of what they're doing as well. Espionage is a tricky art. You need to convince someone that betraying their country is in the interest of public morality . The article is vague but some good concealment on the plan I see already is this is a PMC based out of South Africa, a country that has generally favorable relationships as a neutral party to both the UK and China. It's possible only 1-3 people in the whole operation are actually interacting with any Chinese officers on a human to human basis. The rest are there working as ADAIR or some kind of contract Red Air and believe they are providing valuable training space for some developing African country trying to finally create regional stability; using junk Chinese fighters from the last generation. That's how I would set this up anyway.....

• Upvote 2