China & Chinese Shenanigans

Marlboro BLACK

On 2/6/2023 at 7:00 AM, nsplayr said:

some young zoomer kid

Some of these kids can hardly believe the internet existed before them. Totally unawares of absolute classics like Grape Fall Lady:

Which even had a Family Guy bit:

And one final bit of advice for the young in’s here…..THIS is how you properly derail a thread. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Prozac said:

Some of these kids can hardly believe the internet existed before them. Totally unawares of absolute classics like Grape Fall Lady:

Which even had a Family Guy bit:

And one final bit of advice for the young in’s here…..THIS is how you properly derail a thread. 

Man I'm sure that episode of Family Guy more than grossed the revenue to cover the lawsuits she filed for it afterwards hahaha. Ahhhhh shit I'm going to hell. 

Back in the days when work email was ONLY used for sending the above videos and games.

When you had to trade funny QuickTime videos with a 3.5 or if you were rich a CD-R… and they went in the hard drive of the presentation computer to watch between power point classes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Haha 2

Just breaking, we just shot down another "object" over the U.S.

Update - "Car sized object over or near Alaska."

Another F-22 Aim-9X kill.  Raptor boyz racking up the kills...what is the Brevity Code for Balloon ace?

Sounds like this was a UAS...that changes the game a bit.

1 hour ago, ClearedHot said:

Really?  Looking at the range from the PRC, I don't think they have anything that could make the round trip... Russia?

Fox is now saying it was Fox-2'd at 40k

Edited by Clark Griswold

2 hours ago, ClearedHot said:

Just breaking, we just shot down another "object" over the U.S.

Update - "Car sized object over or near Alaska."

Another F-22 Aim-9X kill.  Raptor boyz racking up the kills...what is the Brevity Code for Balloon ace?

View recent photos.png.png

43 minutes ago, Clark Griswold said:

Really?  Looking at the range from the PRC, I don't think they have anything that could make the round trip... Russia?

Fox is now saying it was Fox-2'd at 40k

I never said China...

They are being cagey (on purpose), when the Pentagon gave their brief it sounded like he slipped up a few times and called it an aircraft.  Latest reports say they were tracking it for 24 hours.  Could be either, hope we find out soon.

I never said China...
They are being cagey (on purpose), when the Pentagon gave their brief it sounded like he slipped up a few times and called it an aircraft.  Latest reports say they were tracking it for 24 hours.  Could be either, hope we find out soon.

Not saying you said that, I should have phrased it better but besides Russia or China who else could fly a UAV in that area?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, arg said:

Ryder said it was a balloon

It was the first balloon's wingman lol

2 hours ago, nsplayr said:

2 was is reaaaaally loose trail. 

I learned through an accident investigation class I took, that a lot of Asian cultures have an attitude kind of like a mixture of 1960/70/80s' Airline Captains, early 2000s' Special Warfare Fighter Pilots (especially filthy ones) or Chuck Norris .  They have been taught to believe that the Captain can do no wrong and that the Captain has the biggest dong (pun intended). This bleeds over to their militaries. Especially, those with dictators and communists as leaders.  

As a result of this submissive  culture coupled with the strong likelihood of the Chinese attack balloons operating at their version of EMCON 4, two decided to not tell lead he was lost wingman, as he was too afraid of lead. In additon, that was the plan for this type of scenario.  Once he lost visual, he turned for home. He was going to use the excuse that he "Didn't want to compromise the mission" when he landed.  He was almost home to see mama and get some of her home cooking, ass or both.  "Perhaps, I'll be a hero?" he thought to himself as he floated peacefully through the skies. As he took a short moment to enjoy the strange peace he found drifting through the clouds over the hostile skies of his homeland's enemy, he exploded into a thousand pieces.

The End

Edited by Biff_T
Spelling bee failure

20 hours ago, Biff_T said:

I learned through an accident investigation class I took, that a lot of Asian cultures have an attitude kind of like a mixture of 1960/70/80s' Airline Captains, early 2000s' Special Warfare Fighter Pilots (especially filthy ones) or Chuck Norris .  They have been taught to believe that the Captain can do no wrong and that the Captain has the biggest dong (pun intended). This bleeds over to their militaries. Especially, those with dictators and communists as leaders.  

As a result of this submissive  culture coupled with the strong likelihood of the Chinese attack balloons operating at their version of EMCON 4, two decided to not tell lead he was lost wingman, as he was too afraid of lead. In additon, that was the plan for this type of scenario.  Once he lost visual, he turned for home. He was going to use the excuse that he "Didn't want to compromise the mission" when he landed.  He was almost home to see mama and get some of her home cooking, ass or both.  "Perhaps, I'll be a hero?" he thought to himself as he floated peacefully through the skies. As he took a short moment to enjoy the strange peace he found drifting through the clouds over the hostile skies of his homeland's enemy, he exploded into a thousand pieces.

The End

When MAC decided we were going to learn CRM in the early 80s we were taught by United Airlines instructors. We learned not just the Asians have that culture. To start off just the Pilots and FEs got the training. During the initial class my pilot, who was a great pilot and AC(you need to be both in a Herk), sarcastically asked "Does this mean I have to actually listen to what the FE says?" Of course the instructor didn't get the sarcasm. Bit of a learning curve for him about Herk crews.

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, arg said:

When MAC decided we were going to learn CRM in the early 80s we were taught by United Airlines instructors. We learned not just the Asians have that culture. To start off just the Pilots and FEs got the training. During the initial class my pilot, who was a great pilot and AC(you need to be both in a Herk), sarcastically asked "Does this mean I have to actually listen to what the FE says?" Of course the instructor didn't get the sarcasm. Bit of a learning curve for him about Herk crews.

My experience on the Herk is everyone communicates a lot on the flight deck except the FE. Then when the FE opens his mouth almost everyone shuts up. Its always something like "heh.... thats interesting....." and suddenly both pilots and the nav are dead silent with their shoulder turned. I don't know if they train them like that or what but its like a ridiculous CRM tool. I could tune out a landing gear horn probably but I will never fucking tune out a Flight Engineer that says "heh.... thats interesting....."

• Haha 1